News Article: Melnyk made the Front Page today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Was it very smart of Lisa MacLeod to confront Euge in a public venue like that? No, clearly not. There's a time and a place for that, and this was neither. Having said that, hands up anyone who thinks that this went down the way Eugene claims it did. Anyone? Buehler? Taking selfies with Sens fans? Please. First off, there wouldn't be any there. In case anyone hasn't noticed, our team isn't exactly wildly popular in Central and Southern Ontario. Second, Melnyk is notoriously prickly in public and doesn't like doing photos with fans.

Next comes his claim that he didn't know who she was. Child please - they've met before, and there is a photo of the two of them in front of Queen's Park from two years ago.

Finally, there is his predictably ungracious reaction to MacLeod calling him afterward. She calls him to offer an olive branch, and he rejects it because it fell short of a grovelling apology. Again, classic Eugene. Massive ego, nurses grudges - every time he speaks, the comparisons to the Orange One become more apt, including the fact that both of them are swimming in debt and not nearly as rich as they would like you to believe.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Next comes his claim that he didn't know who she was. Child please - they've met before, and there is a photo of the two of them in front of Queen's Park from two years ago.

iu

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I agree she should step down or be let go. As long as Eugene does the same.
He has been more offensive for far longer and to more people so it is only fair.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Doesn't want to make a big deal about it lol, but keeps providing quotes for articles.

That's right up there with, "It's not about the money", (It's always about the money), "I don't have much to say", (That means they won't shut up for the next half hour), etc. etc.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Melnyk legitimately will take any opportunity to be in the public eye, eh?

Dude craves attention to such an unsettling degree.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I'm not even a Sens fan and I want him gone. SELL THE TEAM ALREADY, YOU GIT!

This guy is a piece of trash of society.

He'd do the NHL, the city of Ottawa, and the Ottawa Senators a great service if he decided to get the f*** out of here.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
Friendly hello from San Jose. What are the chances Melnyk actually sells the team? I feel bad for you guys. So many good players leave Ottawa.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Friendly hello from San Jose. What are the chances Melnyk actually sells the team? I feel bad for you guys. So many good players leave Ottawa.

Zero, according to him.
He says IF he ever sells, it's going to be to one (or both) of his daughters.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
We seem to go through phases where the rumour mill implies something might be imminent, but then it inevitably quiets down. I think this has happened three times, and it's gotten to the point where most of us aren't getting our hopes up anymore.

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
Would not have gone to see the Stones, at a general admission outdoor concert, in this weather.

Besides, already saw The Rolling Stones with The J. Geils Band and the Greg Kihn Band in Seattle in October of 1981
For the record. Your most infuriating post yet.

:)

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON

I feel the chances are good, considering from a business PoV the team is in shambles, and he's already fielded offers (and declined), but the real question is when. Is it going to be tomorrow, or 2023? No one has a god damn clue, likely including him.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
He seems content to hang on and losing more star players is just a matter of time, especially with RFA's getting insane bonus laden contracts.

There's no hope for Senators fans unfortunately.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
Seriously feel bad for you guys. Fantastic scouting, getting absolute studs in late rounds, only to see them leave because the owner won't pay them.

Hopefully he's not in charge once Chabot is a UFA.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

If the team doesn't make him any money, then he has more incentive to sell, because above all else, he wants more money.

So if we don't give the team any money, then that speeds up the process.

That's the plan we're working with, anyway.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005
I didn't really think much of this story and how it got on the news until I just read this board. I'm stunned that Melnyk went to the media with this, it speaks volumes of his massive sense of entitlement and anosognosia. So what if some drunk person told you off at a social gathering, regardless of who it is. It's an insignificant encounter.
It's just like getting cut off on the road and freaking out and calling the cops. You're an epic entitled moron.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I didn't really think much of this story and how it got on the news until I just read this board. I'm stunned that Melnyk went to the media with this, it speaks volumes of his massive sense of entitlement and anosognosia. So what if some drunk person told you off at a social gathering, regardless of who it is. It's an insignificant encounter.
It's just like getting cut off on the road and freaking out and calling the cops. You're an epic entitled moron.

Yeah no.

I think if your local MPP approached you drunk, identified herself, and then told you off, you might not just let it slide.

Personally I think Politicians should be held to a higher standard, even if she did correctly identified EM.

Two turds.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->