News Article: Melnyk made the Front Page today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Dude has treated people worse than he was treated here to people with a lot more class than both of these 2 clowns. What he's doing here is looking for sympathy from locals and trying to get on the bandwagon of everyone hates Lisa MacLeod.

He did the impossible for me and made me side with this buffoon of an MP, now that's an accomplishment worth of a front page story!

2 clowns in one city
Ottawa deserves better.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Dude has treated people worse than he was treated here to people with a lot more class than both of these 2 clowns. What he's doing here is looking for sympathy from locals and trying to get on the bandwagon of everyone hates Lisa MacLeod.

He did the impossible for me and made me side with this buffoon of an MP, now that's an accomplishment worth of a front page story!

2 clowns in one city
Ottawa deserves better.
Melnyk gets yelled at by MP - Front page news in the Ottawa Sun
Melnyk threatens local reporter - media hides the story for months.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I guess I'll be the dissenting voice here – as a private citizen, Lisa McLeod has every right to make her voice heard, even though this is clearly more confrontational and aggressive than it likely should've been. But as an elected official, there's a different set of standards. Or should be a different set of standards. Introducing herself as his minister and invoking the "do you know who I am" implies she's trying to leverage her public persona in some capacity. That's not right. In that moment, she's not private citizen Lisa McLeod, she's representing all her constituents. And, yes, maybe they universally to a man feel the same way. But that's still not kosher.

Eugene Melnyk is a poor businessman, in both the "has no money" sense and the "has little business acumen" sense. He's dishonest, belligerent, a consistent source of anger and frustration on the fanbase, and the team's outlook will be a million times brighter when he finally realizes that he gains nothing from holding onto the team and that the scars he's cut are too deep to ever be fully mended as long as he's here. I think most of us can agree on that. But he didn't deserve to be publicly accosted by a politician – let alone one who's already known for running her mouth and being as obtuse as he is.

I can't believe I'm defending Melnyk. I need a shower.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I guess I'll be the dissenting voice here – as a private citizen, Lisa McLeod has every right to make her voice heard, even though this is clearly more confrontational and aggressive than it likely should've been. But as an elected official, there's a different set of standards. Or should be a different set of standards. Introducing herself as his minister and invoking the "do you know who I am" implies she's trying to leverage her public persona in some capacity. That's not right. In that moment, she's not private citizen Lisa McLeod, she's representing all her constituents. And, yes, maybe they universally to a man feel the same way. But that's still not kosher.

Eugene Melnyk is a poor businessman, in both the "has no money" sense and the "has little business acumen" sense. He's dishonest, belligerent, a consistent source of anger and frustration on the fanbase, and the team's outlook will be a million times brighter when he finally realizes that he gains nothing from holding onto the team and that the scars he's cut are too deep to ever be fully mended as long as he's here. I think most of us can agree on that. But he didn't deserve to be publicly accosted by a politician – let alone one who's already known for running her mouth and being as obtuse as he is.

As a constituent of hers I feel my voice was accurately represented in this matter.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Or should be a different set of standards. Introducing herself as his minister and invoking the "do you know who I am" implies she's trying to leverage her public persona in some capacity.
Gonna take a wild stab in the dark here and guess that Melnyk himself has used that line more than once this past week alone.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown

She's just ensuring he doesn't mistake her for a 12-year old from Toronto. And she's not really his minister. His minister would be in Barbados. He's not paying her salary.

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
Eugene said:
Melnyk said he isn’t angry about what happened.
“It’s more annoying. I’m more concerned. If this loose cannon is running around like this. I did nothing to provoke it. I didn’t even know who it was. I was just standing around,” he said.
“I’ll tell you honestly, I’ve never met the woman. I’ve never interacted with her. I’m not a political person. To come out like that in a rage, I’ve never had that happen to me before

“I’m so not angry about what happened that I called up a newspaper to whine about it”

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
“I’m so not angry about what happened that I called up a newspaper to whine about it”

Lol, seriously.

Technically, MacLeod IS the provincial minister of Sport... so I guess technically the Sens fall in her portfolio? :sarcasm:

Anyways, the whole thing is stupid. MacLeod's a blowhard partisan piece of garbage who embodies everything that is wrong with politics in Ontario and Canada. Melnyk is a miserly wannabe-plutocrat whose Bill Wirtz-esque stranglehold seemingly has single-handedly destroyed the hockey team I love.

If these two ever have kids...

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017

If she was just a couple drinks in and wanted to vent as a fan and it went down the way she said, then, sure, that's out of line. But not press worthy.

McLeod has been having a bad year, for sure, but this still seems a bit out of character even for her. She has been in office for 5 terms already. It's like she's a PR rookie.

Any other politician and I would honestly be wondering if this was about something else and being spun as a sens thing. IE: wasn't she just demoted by Ford. Aren't Ford and EM pretty close? The tone, language, and fact that nothing in the quote is specific to the sens...idk, but my gut tells me this is the kind of response you deliver to someone when you have found out that they bad mouthed you behind your back, and possibly helping to result in your demotion.

My Own Pure Conjecture Below:

Certainly not a total stretch of the facts to think that Ford would ask his communications head about the Macleod PR damage and maybe if they can just throw her under the bus on the autism story so that he can escape more of the blame...and that maybe Melnyk had an opinion (when does he not), and the ear of Ford's head of communications, who used to work for Melnyk. ex: can you not imagine Ford firing an email off to his old employee like "This MacLeod woman is crazy. Can't handle the pressure. You gotta tell Doug to can her."

Or MacLeod had a couple and took the chance to let it rip as a fan, in which case this is just another example of a fly being attracted to ....

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

I kind of am leaning on the side you are as well. She is a pathetic public servant.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
93f.jpg

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Two pretty horrible people squaring off. I can't say I really care how this goes.

Expected behaviour from both parties. MacLeod is a bumbling buffoon and Melynk the constant victim.

Both of them can get bent and leave Ottawa forever, we'll be better off for it.

People actually voted and chose of these idiots though. Crazy times.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
IMO a career politician, who has never ran a business in the private sector, has no business advising a business owner in the private sector, how to run his or hers' business.

Reactions: therealkoho
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad