LeBrun: Meier trade talks heating up

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
It wouldnt be a rental. Assume Timo would be willing to re-sign

Friedman said it doesn't matter now for the trade to go through for that parameter. It would probably be best if SJ allowed teams to talk to Claude to boost the value but I don't think it's necessary.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
How stingy is New Jersey being by competing with Vegas right now lmaoooo

Vegas has nothing left. This should be a easy win for New Jersey

Reactions: themelkman

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Big Shak should be untouchable
He's not. We've got Nemec, Hughes, Mukhamadullin, Bahl, and Okhotiuk all who are going to demand roster time in the NHL in the next year, two at most. We just can't give everyone a fair shot. Someone's going to get dealt—and it's not going to be Hughes or Nemec.

I’ve always said that’s unrealistic but I don’t think Mercer is.
He is. Even before he went on his recent tear, he was not an option. He will not be dealt.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
How stingy is New Jersey being by competing with Vegas right now lmaoooo

Vegas has nothing left. This should be a easy win for New Jersey

Overpay for when NJ knows they can win any deal versus Vegas is only bad in the sense they allow a third team to come out of nowhere to swoop in Meier. If there's no one else who's willing then why would NJ offer more to get it done?

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
I’d almost rather Vilen than Muk.

As someone who was pretty livid about drafting Mookie when we did...I have to say that I've been pretty happy with what has happened since we drafted him.

I am a big fan of Vilen and included him in my top 10 prospects for Jersey even before the tournament, but the upside is better with Mookie and I don't know that there is a crazy low floor.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
He's not. We've got Nemec, Hughes, Mukhamadullin, Bahl, and Okhotiuk all who are going to demand roster time in the NHL in the next year, two at most. We just can't give everyone a fair shot. Someone's going to get dealt—and it's not going to be Hughes or Nemec.

He is. Even before he went on his recent tear, he was not an option. He will not be dealt.
Unless you work in the front office or are Dawson himself no one knows who’s on the table or who will ultimately be moved so don’t deal in absolutes.

Reactions: PacificOceanPotion

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
So probably a 1st + Zetterlund + Holtz/Muk/Casey.

Figured 1st + Zetterlund + Muk made the most since for a while. I think Muk has alot more upside than Casey and probably has a relatively higher floor. Smaller puck movers are kind of hard to decipher where they're going to top out at. Its typically 3rd pair or elite for them. Not much inbetween.

Reactions: Classic Devil

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
As someone who was pretty livid about drafting Mookie when we did...I have to say that I've been pretty happy with what has happened since we drafted him.

I am a big fan of Vilen and included him in my top 10 prospects for Jersey even before the tournament, but the upside is better with Mookie and I don't know that there is a crazy low floor.
A lot of my opinions on Shakir are from predraft so I’m definitely biased. I just don’t see the upside there and I know people will disagree with me.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
HF sharks: "Grier is a GENIUS he's playing these GMs. way to hold out and drive the prices up mike, the other GMs are groveling at his feet!"
HF others: "Grier has lost ALL leverage, what a CLOWN, he's running out of time!! This is what you get for undervaluing our prospects, welcome to the NHL buddy lmao!"
Grier: Hey, hope you're doing well, want to talk about the deal again?
Other GM: Great to hear from you Mike, sure, let's see if something can work for both of us.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I can’t see an unknown team being able to slap together a package so quick and not have checked in with SJ yet to only last minute make a massive offer and go through all the negotiation BS from square one.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Sabres are not going to pay the assets needed to possibly just rent Meier for possibly making the playoffs….
I mean…just to play devils advocate…. Worst case scenario you still have him for another year and they can take his QO without blinking. They could also move him and recoup assets in the off-season. They need to change some of their forward prospects into defense anyway. It would be funny if Meier coming in and going out was how they did it…but it still gets done. You get to talk contract with him and if it doesn’t go well…you’re not losing him for nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad