Meeting Day Thread 6/2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jratelle19

Jul 3, 2004
New York
The only thing that he mentioned about the lockout is that he is as positive as ever that a deal will get done, sooner or later, but soon enough to have a well-planned 2005-06 NHL season.

He mentions that the NHL needs no rule changes or bells or whistles. What they need is to call the damned obstruction! AMEN!!!!!!!! He does support the plan to make goalie equipment smaller so they don't look like the Michelin Man. He says if that doesn't do the trick, then maybe they should consider the wider blue and red lines like they had in the AHL this season. He says that if the obstruction is called, yes we will see a parade to the penalty box at first, but players and coaches will eventually get the message. :yo:

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
jratelle19 said:
The only thing that he mentioned about the lockout is that he is as positive as ever that a deal will get done, sooner or later, but soon enough to have a well-planned 2005-06 NHL season.

He mentions that the NHL needs no rule changes or bells or whistles. What they need is to call the damned obstruction! AMEN!!!!!!!!

scary that none of these guys really explain WHY they think a deal will be done sooner then later.

i agree about rule changes...but i think they need some goaltender equiptment changes though.

88Headdown

Jun 1, 2005
The nets need to be bigger, that's that. Along with the equipment being smaller. I liked the one that they showed on tsn's page a few days ago, I hope they go with it.

As far as the lockout stuff, I think why people feel it will get done eventually is because the framework is there. The problem now will be stupid pissing matches over small stuff and that could make things crawl for a little.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Check out the TSN article in the Audio/video section on TSN

Its listed under

NHL PANEL
McKenzie, Healy and Burke put things into perspective with rumblings of both the NHL and the NHLPA nearing a deal.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/

The Panel discusses a few of he issues ..

oildrop

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
The Messenger said:
Check out the TSN article in the Audio/video section on TSN

Its listed under

NHL PANEL
McKenzie, Healy and Burke put things into perspective with rumblings of both the NHL and the NHLPA nearing a deal.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/

The Panel discusses a few of he issues ..

Us non-members can't access that video footage.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
oildrop said:
Us non-members can't access that video footage.
Why not?

No need to be honest either ..pretend your Bettman and lie about your particulars .:D

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
Dennis Beyak is saying that Goodenow isn't happy and won't sign off on the deal, and is trying to break it off. Same 24-37.5 range being talked about.

He's saying most of the stuff is agreed on, but Gary and Bob have to look over everything and agree.

www.mojoradio.ca

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
WVpens said:
Dennis Beyak is saying that Goodenow isn't happy and won't sign off on the deal, and is trying to break it off. Same 24-37.5 range being talked about.

He's saying most of the stuff is agreed on, but Gary and Bob have to look over everything and agree.

www.mojoradio.ca

unbelievable if true...unbelievable

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
Beyak just mentioned the 500 k for rookies, sounds like the same rumor from earlier.

jratelle19

Jul 3, 2004
New York
Dennis Beyak from the Score is on Mojo Radio and has said that he spoke to a couple of players who have informed him that a PA ratification vote via e-mail will take place this weekend. He is saying that Goodenow will not sign off on the deal and is still trying to derail the process. Beyak is saying a salary floor of $24 mil and a cap of $37.5 mil with linkage and revenue sharing. Some players want a full blown meeting and not just an e-mail vote. Said Bill Guerin was a hardliner but is now on Linden and Gartner's side to get a deal done ASAP. Basically, it is Linden vs Goodenow, whether players want to admit it or not. He also says the rookie cap is about down to $500,000 plus bonuses. He is not confident about the owners giving in to honoring 2004-05 salaries.

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
The Messenger said:
Beyak .. just said rookie Salaries are down to 500K base .. Yikes ..

Yikes see you Crosby !!

I don't know...I really don't see him not playing in the NHL...I mean, he got his reebok deal...i hear he loves the sport...and 500k and his reebok deal together...man he'd be hurting financially for an 18 year old :sarcasm:

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
Beyak concluded by saying it comes down to one guy, guess who.

Jazz

WVpens said:

www.mojoradio.ca
Beyak continues to say that best case scenario according to some players is that there will be a ratification vote by the PA via e-mail this weekend....

He personally doesn't think it will be that quickly done...

for more, listen to www.mojoradio.ca

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Beyak also confirmed that he thought that Goodenow was going to play the 24% rollback card to extend contracts a year ..

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
WVpens said:

www.mojoradio.ca

If Goodenow is the only one who won't sign off on the deal it takes about 14 seconds for him to be fired and replaced by Mike Gartner

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
JWI19 said:
I hear ya, he also said it would cost them around 10 million dollars to get rid of Goodenow.
The players should have chipped in and got rid of him last year, they would have saved a ton of money.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
carey3037 said:
--500k rookie cap (Watters said that "rookies thrown under the bus")

If true I feel so bad for those rookies. Making 6 figures in your first year in the NHL. I wish my summer job threw me under the bus. I'm tired of hearing about how the young guys are being wronged in this process. Rookie contracts were too high as from the last CBA and everyone knew they were going to be coming down. If the rookies feel they should be earning more then go out there and play well to earn a raise next time your contract is up.

I like how progress is being made, but I'm not going to be optimistic until everything is signed. Like Bob said earlier, there are still things that could derail a deal being done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad