Meeting Day Thread 6/2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
/pray....

Let's see if these guys have the capacity to get something done, when everything around them is positive.

I don't think the deal, if made, will be announced today. Even though I hope so, I think they'll choose a certain day when its impact will be alot "louder".

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think they should announce anything until after the NBA finals...

chiavsfan

go kim johnsson said:
I don't think they should announce anything until after the NBA finals...

The problem is the NBA Finals never end...the longest playoffs in HISTORY!!!!

On another note...I'm not the biggest Flyers fan on earth, but in my NHL games (2004 and 2005) I always trade for Kim Johnsson

And finally, I hope some progress can be made at this meeting. Hopefully things continue moving forward...and hopefully they are still meeting when I leave for the Allstate Arena to watch Game 1 of the AHL Finals tonight

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dr Love said:
I am optimistic that optimism will not be raised at the end of the day.

that's what i like to hear

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
littleD said:
I haven't been following any of this stuff for a while.

Can someone give me a quick recap on why there seems to be so much optimism around?

Because go kim johnsson wants everybody to be optimistic.

Or at least that's what I've been hearing...

BobMckenzie

Jul 23, 2003
sveiglar said:
We are going 2 have a NU CBA by the end of the day!!!!!11 :handclap: :yo: :clap:

Wanna bet on that? Take this for what it's worth. We are many days, if not a week or two or more from a new CBA. It's all going in the right direction, but there are still some challenges and work to be done. It's not done until it's all done and if I were you guys I would chill with the minute by minute expecation that it's all done. A lot of people are going to say, oh, it's done but it's just the lawyers going over the language. I disagree. Certainly, there's reason for optimism but it is, IMO, way out of hand right now and everyone seems to be expecting an announcement in very short order. If so, I would say you're going to be disappointed. I would be shocked if there's not a deal this month sometime, but that's as far as I would go right now.

:teach:

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
BobMckenzie said:
Wanna bet on that? Take this for what it's worth. We are many days, if not a week or two or more from a new CBA. It's all going in the right direction, but there are still some challenges and work to be done. It's not done until it's all done and if I were you guys I would chill with the minute by minute expecation that it's all done. A lot of people are going to say, oh, it's done but it's just the lawyers going over the language. I disagree. Certainly, there's reason for optimism but it is, IMO, way out of hand right now and everyone seems to be expecting an announcement in very short order. If so, I would say you're going to be disappointed. I would be shocked if there's not a deal this month sometime, but that's as far as I would go right now.

My post was actually a jab at the rampant fanboy optimism the past two days... I tried to make it as over-the-top as possible to avoid confusion of it being serious. For the record, I completely agree with you.

Still, being called out by Bob McKenzie is pretty darn cool. I should post such nonsense more often. ;)

King_Brown

Meeting will end badly, and all future negotiations will be under review. Bettman says Goodenow tricked him and wasted time with everything, Goodenow says they would never accept linkage.

X-SHARKIE

BobMckenzie said:

I can definitley live with the deal being done in the next month :)

ti-vite

Jul 27, 2004
June 30th:

Basketball lockout on front page of sports section, hockey lockout mentioned somewhere in the mix of the same article...
or
Basketball lockout begins with Bettman and Goodenow 'game on' hats on last page of sports section...?

BobMckenzie

Jul 23, 2003
sveiglar said:
My post was actually a jab at the rampant fanboy optimism the past two days... I tried to make it as over-the-top as possible to avoid confusion of it being serious. For the record, I completely agree with you.

Doesn't speak too well of my powers of perception. Maybe there will be a new CBA by day's end.

:biglaugh:

p.s. that's just a joke. Can see it now...McKenzie says new CBA by day's end. Boy, will I be glad when this is all over.

King_Brown

BobMckenzie said:
Doesn't speak too well of my powers of perception. Maybe there will be a new CBA by day's end.

:biglaugh:

p.s. that's just a joke. Can see it now...McKenzie says new CBA by day's end. Boy, will I be glad when this is all over.

Don't play with my emotions Bob. I trust in your sources like I trust in god. When you are happy I am happy, when you are sad I am sad. In Bob I trust.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
chiavsfan said:
Don't get Bob on your bad side...I'm in the Radio media, and media folk tend to gang up on people!!

That you, Dennis Beyak? edit: better add the ;)

:D

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
BobMckenzie said:
Boy, will I be glad when this is all over.

On that we can all agree with zero confusion.

Do you remember the days when you wrote columns about actual hockey? Bet that was fun. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->