Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
hi all, been lurkin for awhile now. Figure ill throw my dumb 2 cents in :laugh:

Name: David
Birthplace: Carbondale, IL
Hometown: Cape Girardeau, Mo
Mode of Transportation: 96 tahoe, 07 tahoe, 02 SS
Job: welder/fabrication
How and when did you become a blues fan: Mid 90s, My uncle introduced me to hockey and he was a blues fan, so it just rubbed off on me.
Favorite Blues player: current, schwartz, really started to see what he could become last season during the playoffs. All time blues player? Hull
Favorite NON Blues player: active, stamkos. Retired, Forsberg
Your Definitive Blues Moment: Anytime Macinnis sent a rocket from the blue line. not many tried to block those
College: none
music: eh......
Hobbies: Drag racing(the SS)

I've been meaning to do this for awhile now.
I don't post on here too often because I don't like to feed the "trolls" and just try to avoid confrontation because it's pointless.

Welcome to you both and... you should post more often! That goes for everyone in this thread! :laugh:

This forum needs more regular posters, even if it is only 10-12 posts a week. I think some are put off by how few posters there are on this forum and think there is a sort of clique, but really the more opinions the better on here.

Hi everybody,

Regsitered on this forum long time ago but I was way more reader than poster :)

I'm from Ukraine and I'm Blues fan since 99-00 season.
It's dissicult to watch Blues games when they are online directly at night :cry: in Ukraine but I do from time to time :yo:

It would be grate to be in touch with you especially with fans from Europe :)

Let's Go Blues:yo:

Always nice to have more European posters. Got to say, Lviv is a great city. Off to Ukraine again at the start of next month and I can't wait.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Hi everybody,

Regsitered on this forum long time ago but I was way more reader than poster :)

I'm from Ukraine and I'm Blues fan since 99-00 season.
It's dissicult to watch Blues games when they are online directly at night :cry: in Ukraine but I do from time to time :yo:

It would be grate to be in touch with you especially with fans from Europe :)

Let's Go Blues:yo:

Some of my family comes from a village in Ruthenia (now in Western Ukraine) in the middle between Uszhgorod, Bereghovo and Mukachevo. From which area in Ukraine are you?

CharlesD

Jan 9, 2014
Hello. I'm new around here. I've been lurking and occasionally posting over at LGB and I saw a mention of this site over there, so I thought I'd jump over here and check things out.

I've been a fan since the early 80s. I grew up and still reside in Cincinnati. We've had hockey in Cincinnati off and on since I was small. My introduction to the sport came in the 70s watching the Cincinnati Stingers of the WHA. When that league went by the boards and Cincinnati wasn't one of the teams brought into the NHL, I found myself looking for an NHL team to root for. It didn't take long for me to notice a familiar name, Mike Liut. Mike had been the goalie here in Cincinnati before the Stingers closed up shop. That did it for me. I started following the Blues at that point.

I'm not sure if I've really had one favorite player. I was always fond of Hull and MacInnis and on the current team I really like Tarasenko. I'm just very impressed with his game.

Anyway, good to be around here. Go Blues.

storey13

Jan 15, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Name: Steven
Sex: M
Birthplace: Crystal City, MO
Hometown: Unincorporated Ste. Genevieve County, MO
Mode of Transportation: 2006 Honda Odyssey
Job: Application Analyst in Healthcare
How and when you became a Blues fan: 1980's. My mom is a sports nut so she forced me from birth to watch Blues, Cardinals, and Cardinals football. I didn't really get into Blues hockey until the late 80's/early 90's during the Hull and Oates era.
Favorite Current Blues Player: Really enjoying watching Sobotka and Schwartz right now.
Favorite All-Time Blues Player: Gotta be Hull.
Favorite Active NON Blues Player: David Perron.
Favorite All-Time NON Blues Player: Cam Neely
Your Definitive Blues Moment:Seeing my first game live at the old Arena. It was 1990, and we beat Detroit. We sat in the 1st row upper deck on one of the ends. I've been hooked ever since that night.
First Blues Game Attended: See above.
College Attended/Attending: BA in Sustainability from Roosevelt University, AAS in Computer Networking
Music You Listen To: Ska, punk, classical.
Favorite Band(s): The Slackers, NOFX, 311
Favorite Movie(s): The Indiana Jones series, Harry Potter series.
Favorite Food: Steak, Italian, Chinese
Favorite TV Show: Simpsons, Seinfeld, Daily Show
Hobbies: Not much time, other than watching hockey, soccer. I am deeply interested in urban planning and play about 3 to 4 hrs of PS3 per week (mostly NHL 13 or 14).

I currently live in the Charlotte, NC area. Looking forward to seeing them play in Raleigh at the end of this month. Looking forward to discussing all things Blues with you guys and gals!

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Name: Steven
Birthplace: Crystal City, MO
Hometown: Unincorporated Ste. Genevieve County, MO
Mode of Transportation: 2006 Honda Odyssey
Job: Application Analyst in Healthcare
How and when you became a Blues fan: 1980's. My mom is a sports nut so she forced me from birth to watch Blues, Cardinals, and Cardinals football. I didn't really get into Blues hockey until the late 80's/early 90's during the Hull and Oates era.
Favorite Current Blues Player: Really enjoying watching Sobotka and Schwartz right now.
Favorite All-Time Blues Player: Gotta be Hull.
Favorite Active NON Blues Player: David Perron.
Favorite All-Time NON Blues Player: Cam Neely
Your Definitive Blues Moment:Seeing my first game live at the old Arena. It was 1990, and we beat Detroit. We sat in the 1st row upper deck on one of the ends. I've been hooked ever since that night.
College Attended/Attending: BA in Sustainability from Roosevelt University, AAS in Computer Networking
Music You Listen To: Ska, punk, classical.
Favorite Band(s): The Slackers, NOFX, 311
Favorite Movie(s): The Indiana Jones series, Harry Potter series.
Favorite Food: Steak, Italian, Chinese
Favorite TV Show: Simpsons, Seinfeld, Daily Show
Hobbies: Not much time, other than watching hockey, soccer. I am deeply interested in urban planning and play about 3 to 4 hrs of PS3 per week (mostly NHL 13 or 14).

I currently live in the Charlotte, NC area. Looking forward to seeing them play in Raleigh at the end of this month. Looking forward to discussing all things Blues with you guys and gals!

Welcome!

I like your taste in players and TV :thumbu:

thigpen

Jun 6, 2011
SF Bay Area
Greetings,

I used to post occasionally at the Asylum but the PD site's annoying pop-up's have gotten worse and worse.

Been a fan since early 70's, used to listen to Dan Kelly call games on my transistor radio in bed as a kid. There will never be another Dan Kelly, guys. He was the shizzle.

I left St. Louis (U-City) in '91 and been here in the SF Bay Area (just North of the GG) ever since. The Keenan years left me a little indifferent to the Blues but my interest was reinvigorated in the late 90's.

I go to Sharks/Blues games fairly regularly, there are a decent number of Blues fans out here. I can't stand the Sharks, and hope they never get a cup in my lifetime :).

I decided to chime in around here more recently since I really think the Blues are finally at that point as a franchise. The point of respectability that warrants complete fan interest and support. I bring my humble faculties of analysis to the table in contributing to this forum. And my interminable love of the Note. Go Blues!

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Name: Justin
Birthplace: Ceterville, Il
Hometown: Cahokia, Il
Mode of Transportation: Feet
Job: Bout to ship to Navy Boot camp
How and when you became a Blues fan: Family
Favorite Current Blues Player: The power of the Schwartz
Favorite All-Time Blues Player: Big Al
Favorite Active NON Blues Player: Marty St. Louis
Favorite All-Time NON Blues Player: Marty
Your Definitive Blues Moment: Hawks/Blues rivalry
First Blues Game Attended: I was young, don't remember much except we scored goal with 20 secs left and the chicks behind me reeked of beer.
College Attended/Attending: Navy A School for IT
Music You Listen To: Metal, Country, Punk
Favorite Band(s): Daft Punk, Slipknot, Alan Jackson
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars, GI Joe, Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit.
Favorite Food: Anything
Favorite TV Show: Arrow, Supernatural
Hobbies: Legend of Zelda, looking up hockey stuff, messing with computers.

(Sorry Storey13 I used your Layout :P)

Felix

May 16, 2003
Lviv/Ukraine
Visit site
Welcome to you both and... you should post more often! That goes for everyone in this thread! :laugh:

This forum needs more regular posters, even if it is only 10-12 posts a week. I think some are put off by how few posters there are on this forum and think there is a sort of clique, but really the more opinions the better on here.

Always nice to have more European posters. Got to say, Lviv is a great city. Off to Ukraine again at the start of next month and I can't wait.
Thanks for nice words about my native city.
Once you are in Lviv you can text me - I'll be glad to have some beer with true Blues fan :yo:

Felix

May 16, 2003
Lviv/Ukraine
Visit site
Some of my family comes from a village in Ruthenia (now in Western Ukraine) in the middle between Uszhgorod, Bereghovo and Mukachevo. From which area in Ukraine are you?

Your family of from Transcarpathyan region
I'm actually from Lviv city (traditionally considered as unofficial capital of Western Ukraine (80 km from Polish border)

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
I felt compelled to join the club

Name: Big secret…Taylor
Birthplace: Central, IL
Hometown: Central IL Village
Mode of Transportation: Cruze
Job: User Experience Architect/Writer

How and when you became a Blues fan: My uncle worked as a PT for the team during the Keenan/Quenville era. I had a freak accident when I was 8 and broke my leg pretty severely. While I was in the hospital, I got an autographed photo from Hull with a personalized message. My curiosity in the sport was peaked, went to my first game (Buffalo, the Rob Ray orbital bone break) and got the opportunity to go down in the locker room after the game. Chatted with Hull, Ian Laperriere, and Twist for some time…all of who encouraged my brother and I to start playing. Then we met Pronger who looking back must've really enjoyed kids. Fired some pucks around with him in the locker room — the sickness has spread further and further every year since.

Favorite Current Blues Player: Tarasenko/Backes/Petro…going with 91

Favorite All-Time Blues Player: Hull. Too many heroics to overlook

Favorite Active NON Blues Player: lame answer, but…Crosby. No other player in the NHL can beat a team in so many different fashions.

Favorite All-Time NON Blues Player: Foresberg/Bure

Your Definitive Blues Moment: See above, but another more recent moment that feels important looking back is the CBJ vs STL game where Oshie went berserk (capping off an incredible run of play). It feels like it was the spark that signified a new era of Blues hockey. Backes and Oshie were brilliant during that stretch of play.

College Attended/Attending: B.A. Digital Media Marketing SIUC, B.A. English EIU, Associate in CS Parkland College

Music You Listen To: Classic Rock, Alternative Rock, Electro Rock (some of it)

Favorite Band(s): Led Zeppelin, The Stones, Pink Floyd, The Beatles; The White Stripes, The Black Keys, Arcade Fire, Band of Skulls. Generally, raw guitar driven rock.

Favorite Movie(s): Oh man…this one is hard. There's a narrative in my educational stream that led me down a film path for a few years, so it's probably my biggest time sink outside of hockey. 2001 is probably my pick for the greatest film of all-time. Juxtaposed to that style of filmmaking, I often introduce Jaws as the counterpoint pinnacle of popcorn filmmaking. So, those would be my 2. The Great Dictator or Airplane if I'm throwing a comedy in there.

Favorite Food: Steak or a good diner-style burger

Favorite TV Show: Tier 1s: Breaking Bad, The Wire, Game of Thrones, Six Feet Under (I forgive them for later episodic madness); Cheers, Arrested Development, Archer . Tier 2s: Sherlock, Deadwood, Carnivale, Luther, @Midnight, Curb Your Enthusiasm, South Park

Hobbies: Hockey, Film, TV; I'm also really interested in product design, and subsequently product reviews. The EA series and A-level produced games get their fair share of time, as well. And, I enjoy craft-brew, including creating my own batches.

May I suggest a couple of new categories:

Favorite Books: 1984, The Great Gatsby, Hyperion, The Dark Tower Series, The Road, Blood Meridian…don't really enjoy a lot of fantasy, but I do like the ASOIF series and The Kingkiller series

Favorite Websites (aside from HF): Twitter, the website with the alien that evidently cant be named, The Wirecutter, AVS Forums, AV Club

Gamertags: taycky22
Twitter: taylord_22

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Your family of from Transcarpathyan region
I'm actually from Lviv city (traditionally considered as unofficial capital of Western Ukraine (80 km from Polish border)

Ласкаво просимо!

Ha! Ha! Yes, I see now that Lviv was listed below your user name, all along. We always called it Lvov, by its Polish (and international) name. I'm so old that, when I was young it was still listed on maps, here in The West by its German name, "Lemberg".

I am also glad to see more Europeans on this forum.

Last edited:

pricer502

Jun 3, 2011
Kansas City
I felt compelled to join the club

Name: Big secret…Taylor
Birthplace: Central, IL
Hometown: Central IL Village
Mode of Transportation: Cruze
Job: User Experience Architect/Writer

How and when you became a Blues fan: My uncle worked as a PT for the team during the Keenan/Quenville era. I had a freak accident when I was 8 and broke my leg pretty severely. While I was in the hospital, I got an autographed photo from Hull with a personalized message. My curiosity in the sport was peaked, went to my first game (Buffalo, the Rob Ray orbital bone break) and got the opportunity to go down in the locker room after the game. Chatted with Hull, Ian Laperriere, and Twist for some time…all of who encouraged my brother and I to start playing. Then we met Pronger who looking back must've really enjoyed kids. Fired some pucks around with him in the locker room — the sickness has spread further and further every year since.

Favorite Current Blues Player: Tarasenko/Backes/Petro…going with 91

Favorite All-Time Blues Player: Hull. Too many heroics to overlook

Favorite Active NON Blues Player: lame answer, but…Crosby. No other player in the NHL can beat a team in so many different fashions.

Favorite All-Time NON Blues Player: Foresberg/Bure

Your Definitive Blues Moment: See above, but another more recent moment that feels important looking back is the CBJ vs STL game where Oshie went berserk (capping off an incredible run of play). It feels like it was the spark that signified a new era of Blues hockey. Backes and Oshie were brilliant during that stretch of play.

College Attended/Attending: B.A. Digital Media Marketing SIUC, B.A. English EIU, Associate in CS Parkland College

Music You Listen To: Classic Rock, Alternative Rock, Electro Rock (some of it)

Favorite Band(s): Led Zeppelin, The Stones, Pink Floyd, The Beatles; The White Stripes, The Black Keys, Arcade Fire, Band of Skulls. Generally, raw guitar driven rock.

Favorite Movie(s): Oh man…this one is hard. There's a narrative in my educational stream that led me down a film path for a few years, so it's probably my biggest time sink outside of hockey. 2001 is probably my pick for the greatest film of all-time. Juxtaposed to that style of filmmaking, I often introduce Jaws as the counterpoint pinnacle of popcorn filmmaking. So, those would be my 2. The Great Dictator or Airplane if I'm throwing a comedy in there.

Favorite Food: Steak or a good diner-style burger

Favorite TV Show: Tier 1s: Breaking Bad, The Wire, Game of Thrones, Six Feet Under (I forgive them for later episodic madness); Cheers, Arrested Development, Archer . Tier 2s: Sherlock, Deadwood, Carnivale, Luther, @Midnight, Curb Your Enthusiasm, South Park

Hobbies: Hockey, Film, TV; I'm also really interested in product design, and subsequently product reviews. The EA series and A-level produced games get their fair share of time, as well. And, I enjoy craft-brew, including creating my own batches.

May I suggest a couple of new categories:

Favorite Books: 1984, The Great Gatsby, Hyperion, The Dark Tower Series, The Road, Blood Meridian…don't really enjoy a lot of fantasy, but I do like the ASOIF series and The Kingkiller series

Favorite Websites (aside from HF): Twitter, the website with the alien that evidently cant be named, The Wirecutter, AVS Forums, AV Club

Gamertags: taycky22
Twitter: taylord_22

Welcome from a fellow Saluki!

turbovette

Jan 7, 2014
British Columbia
Name: Sarah
Sex: F
Birthplace: Vancouver, BC
Hometown: Vancouver, BC
Mode of Transportation: 2011 Rav-4
Job: University Student
How and when you became a Blues fan: My family in the St. Louis area got me hooked on the blues. Watched my first game in 07 i think.
Favorite current Blues player: Alex Pietrangelo
Favorite all-time Blues player: Chris Pronger
Favorite active non-Blues player: Phil Kessel
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Markus Naslund
First Blues Game Attended: Going to my first game after the olympic break when the Blues come to Vancouver :yo:
College Attended/Attending: University of British Columbia
Music You Listen To: Pretty much anything
Favorite Band(s): 2am Club, The 1975, Fall Out Boy, Marianna's Trench :laugh:
Favorite Movie(s): Definitely Maybe, Harry Potter series, Inception
Favorite Food: Poutine, Tim Hortons, Ice Cream, Pizza
Favorite TV Show: Revenge, Family Guy
Hobbies: watching hockey, playing basketball, reading, shopping :help:

Tim UK

Feb 17, 2014
Canterbury, England
Hi everyone, been reading posts on here for a while but finally took the plunge and signed up!

I'm from England but a fan of all the St Louis teams as until recently I had family living there. Been able to follow the Blues a lot more closely the last 3 or 4 years since the NHL made Gamecenter available in the UK and can now watch all the games. Before then TV coverage was pretty limited - only really 1 or 2 games a week and mainly the big East Coast teams with friendlier time difference and bigger markets.

Been over to St Louis a couple of times but both trips were in the Summer so was only able to see the Cards and not the Blues. Went over to Stockholm for the NHL Premiere against the Wings in 2009 though and saw both games which was amazing.

Favourite players are Oshie and Sobotka though Schwartz and Tarasenko are getting up there with the way they've both player this year!

Anyway looking forward to getting to know everyone and chatting Blues!

timkon16

Feb 4, 2014
Name: Tim
Live in: Nova Scotia Canada

Favorite Current Blues Players: Schwartz, Backes, Oshie
Favorite Old Blues Players: Hull, Macinnis, Cujo
Favorite all-time non Blues player: Super Mario
Favorite current non Blues player: Stamkos
First Blues game Attented: Never been it sucks

F Keenan

Feb 14, 2012
Belleville, IL
Name: Paddy
Birthplace: Scott Air Force Base, IL
Hometown: Belleville, IL (Moving to Kirkwood, MO soon)
Mode of Transportation: Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Job: Construction
How and when you became a Blues fan: From birth, raised as a Blues fan.
Favorite Blues Player: current? Sobotka/ Miller All-Time? Curtis Joseph/ Brenden Shanahan
Favorite NON Blues Player: active? Chara Retired? Miikka Kiprusoff/ Joe Sakic/ Ron Hextall
Your Definitive Blues Moment: 2007 - Hanging out with Doug Weight at Maggie O'Briens after a game and him giving us a ride back to our car./ Steener's OT goal last year against the Kings.
First Blues Game Attended: First one I remember, 1/7/93 3-2 OT Win against the Flames at the Arena.
College Attended/Attending: UMSL
Music You Listen To: Everything
Favorite Band(s): The Urge
Favorite Movie(s): Fargo, There Will Be Blood
Favorite Food: Indian/ Thai
Favorite TV Show: House of Cards/ The Wire
Hobbies: Homebrewing, golf, Jeeps, Hockey

jrvegeeta

Mar 16, 2014
Tampa
Name: Chuck
Birthplace: St. Louis, MO
Hometown: Jacksonville, FL
Career: Graphic Designer/Photography
How and when you became a Blues fan: Have always like the Blues, but became an active fan while in college
Favorite Blues Player: Brett Hull (All-Time), TJ Oshie (Current)
Favorite NON Blues Player: Alex Ovechkin, Ben Bishop
Retired: Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux
First Blues Game Attended: 2012 in Tampa (Blues won, 3-1 - Halak looked good - a shame he's not with us anymore).
Favorite NON Hockey team: Jacksonville Jaguars (NFL)
College Attended/Attending: Florida A&M
Music You Listen To: Hard Rock
Favorite Band(s): AirBourne, AC/DC, Ratt
Favorite Movie(s): Batman Begins series, Harry Potter Series, Star Wars
Favorite Food: Japanese, Italian
Favorite TV shows: The Blacklist, Sleepy Hollow, Arrow, Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Favorite Anime shows: Bleach, Naruto, Eyeshield 21
Hobbies: Football, Hockey, Video Games, Anime, Photography, Sports logo design

Nice to meet ya'll!

TuukYou14

Pro: Forum Lurking
Aug 6, 2009
Saint Louis
Long time reader, off and on poster...

Name: James
Birthplace: St. Louis, MO
Hometown: St. Louis, MO
Mode of Transportation: 2011 Audi S4
Job: Finance
How and when you became a Blues fan: Born & raised a blues fan
Favorite Blues Player: Currently Sobotka
Favorite NON Blues Player: Jagr, has to be Jagr
Your Definitive Blues Moment: Meeting Brett Hull, and taking a picture when I was too young to remember what charity golf tournament it was, and where it was.
First Blues Game Attended: At the arena vs blackhawks - don't remember date
College Attended: SLU, undergrad and MBA
Music You Listen To: Everything, with emphasis on Country
Favorite Band(s): The Killers, Panic at the Disco, Angels and Airwaves
Favorite Movie(s): Dumb & Dumber, Christmas Vacation (yep thats right), Any Bond Movie
Favorite Food: The Hitch Pyramid of Foodgroups: Pasta, Pizza, Burgers, Fries
Favorite TV Show: Suits, Scandal, Anything on Shark Week
Hobbies: Being a Dad, Watching Hockey, Racing (autocross, drag racing).

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
Hi, I'm Richard. I'm a Flames fan but am rooting for JayBo in the playoffs. And Pieterangleo because he's my best friends nephew. I'll be here for a little bit.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Welcome! With everyone around here being negative it's nice to see other people come in and root for us with a less biased and passionate outlook.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad