Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Name: Charlie
Sex: M
Birthplace: St. Luke's
Hometown: Saint Louis, MO
Currently Reside In: Denver, CO
Job: Financial Analyst
How and when you became a Blues fan: Pretty much since birth. I've been playing hockey since I was 6 years old. Growing up my dad and uncle were both big Blues fans and they split season tickets (they both grew up playing hockey in stl as well). Always used to fight with my older sister over who would get to go to games when we had tickets haha
Favorite Current Blues Player: Alex Pietrangelo or Tarasenko...Fabbri and Parayko are growing on me tho
Favorite All-Time Blues Player: Al MacInnis. Got to meet him a couple times and he was a really nice guy. Plus that slap shot! Growing up playing goalie Marty Brodeur was my favorite player...but he doesn't really count as a Blues player IMO
Favorite Current non-Blues player: Cory Schneider is up there. I like an underdog
Favorite All Time non-Blues player: Mario Lemieux
First Blues Game Attended: Not sure, too young to remember
Favorite Non-Hockey team: I guess the Cardinals. Pretty casual baseball fan tho. I have decided to become a Saints fan since the Rams pissed off to LA.
Education: some
Favorite Band(s): Rolling Stones are probably my all time favorite, but the full list is way too long to get into here. I enjoy rock n roll, blues, rap/hip hop, r&b, soul, classic rock, southern rock, jazz, electronic music, blue grass, some country, some jam bands, good pop music, ect...
Favorite Book(s): Lord of the Rings books are probably my favorite of all time. Catch 22 and The Great Gatsby are 2 that stick out for me. I enjoy a good non-fiction book too, currently reading April 1865: The Month That Saved America
Favorite Movie(s): The Godfather I & II, Casablanca, Marvel movies (Ironman, Avengers, ect) to name a few. Big movie fan.
Favorite TV Show(s): don't watch a whole lot of TV, but Walking Dead and Game of Thrones I keep up with. All time favorite show might be The Wire. Treme is great too.
Favorite Food: steak with twice baked potato and broccoli
Hobbies: playing hockey, skiing, golf, seeing live music, chess, camping/hiking, bull fights on acid

Been a Brodeur fan ever since he came into the league. Easily one of my favorite players ever. When he became a Blue I got his jersey as fast as I could. In my brain, he was most definitely a Blues player. Saw him get a W in a Bluenote, one of the best memories for me personally. Pretty amazing.

I don't get into this "well this doesn't count because 99% of his career was with team X when they were in their prime" (like Favre in football). Brodeur most definitely played for the Blues and he still works for them and I wear my jersey proudly. My favorite player ever played on my favorite team. Doesn't get much better than that!

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I just realized I never really let everyone know what a wonderful, caring individual I am. I'll have to correct that.

Name: Multimoodia (my parents never liked me)
Sex: As often as possible
Birthplace: A ranch somewhere
Hometown: St. Louis, MO
Mode of Transportation: When I'm not flying my personal spaceship...usually a bus however I have a very nice Cadillac in my garage that I'm planning to drive when (if) I ever come back to the US
Job: ERP/IT Consultant/Leader
How and when you became a Blues fan: An unfortunate accident where it was decided I needed some eternal strife in my life to keep my grounded, thankfully the local hockey team is/was an excellent provider of that.
Favorite Blues Player:
Current: Jaden Schwartz
Future: The man, the myth...Cody Beach
All-Time: Pronger or Glenn Featherstone (because if he could play in the NHL then so could I!)​
Favorite NON Blues Player:
Current: Ryan Getzlaf
All-Time: Michel Goulet (friend of a friend of the family)​
Your Definitive Blues Moment: Watching the Blues go down ignobly in 1991 to the Stars in game 6.
Number of Blues Games Attended: Somewhere in hundreds or low thousands
First Blues Game Attended: vs Chicago Black Hawks at the arena in 1983. Liut stoned the Hawks and the Blues won 2-1. I was summarily doused in beer by a few Hawks fans attempting to throw beer on to people below us. My father was less than amused.
Music You Listen To: Dubstep and Emocore and Miley Cyrus
Favorite Band(s): Rubber
Favorite Movie(s): Plan 9 from Outer Space
Favorite Food: Grass or corn feed
Hobbies: Long walks in the pasture, chewing, staring blankly in to space.

God I miss this guy :laugh:

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Been here for almost 3 years and I've never posted one of these, so here goes.

Name: Jeremy

Birthplace: Mattoon, IL

Hometown: Arcola, IL

Residence for a significant amount of time: Atlanta GA, Pheonix AZ, Mattoon IL

Current/Permanent Residence: Arcola, IL

Mode of Transportation: 2010 Ford Taurus

Job: Front Desk/Concierge at Best Western Plus Green Mill Village Suites

Favorite current Blues player: Right now it's a tossup between Frank/Petro/Fabs/Colt/Ells

Favorite all-time Blues player: CuJo, Hull, Twister, Chase, Pronger

Favorite active non-Blues player: Ovi

First Blues Game Attended: Don't remember the year but I was very young. My dad took me to the Kiel to see the Blues vs the Hawks (dad is a massive Hawks fan, so you can guess which team he was hoping I'd fall in love with lol.) I remember lots of fights & penalty minutes, blood on the ice, and I believe it ended in a tie (like I said I was very young and was overwhelmed by the awesomeness of the experience lol.)

Music You Listen To: About anything but country

Favorite Band(s): Beatles, Marley, Eagles, The Who, Skynyrd, Sabbath, Pantera, Simon & Garfunkel, pretty much all rock/folk music from the from the 60's/70's Hair Metal and Pop/New Wave from the 80's and Grunge/Alternative/Heavy Metal from the 90's. Don't really listen to anything current, and that's about as nice as I can be about today's music.

Favorite Movie(s): The Warriors, The Wanderer's, All Star Wars episodes (that's right even the crappy prequels lol) Watchmen, too many to list besides these that stick out for me.

Favorite Food: Lasagna, Pizza, Russian Hogie, Mexican

Favorite TV Show: Supernatural, Family Guy, American Dad, The Walking Dead, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Parks & Rec, Arrow, Flash, iZombie, Legends of Tomorrow, Burn Notice, DareDevil, Jessica Jones, Agents of Shield, House of Cards, Bates Motel, Archer and many more but that's enough.

Hobbies: Watching the Blues, reading anything from novels (curently reading Tarken) to comics (working on my Punisher collection) to this forum, binge watching tv, movies, jogging, playing with my dogs.

Last edited:

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Does anyone know what happened to him? From my limited experiences with him, I always enjoyed having him around.

Honestly no idea, he just kinda stopped showing up one day. Although if I remember right, his job does take up a lot of his time, and did have him moving around (North America & even world if what I recall is correct) on a somewhat regular basis.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Honestly no idea, he just kinda stopped showing up one day. Although if I remember right, his job does take up a lot of his time, and did have him moving around (North America & even world if what I recall is correct) on a somewhat regular basis.

He mentioned having a big heart attack. I hope his health is hanging in there, but I don't know how we'll know until/unless he shows back up. Being absent during the playoff run seems like a bad sign, though.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Been a Brodeur fan ever since he came into the league. Easily one of my favorite players ever. When he became a Blue I got his jersey as fast as I could. In my brain, he was most definitely a Blues player. Saw him get a W in a Bluenote, one of the best memories for me personally. Pretty amazing.

I don't get into this "well this doesn't count because 99% of his career was with team X when they were in their prime" (like Favre in football). Brodeur most definitely played for the Blues and he still works for them and I wear my jersey proudly. My favorite player ever played on my favorite team. Doesn't get much better than that!

Haha I hear you Blueton, and for the record as soon as Marty signed with the team I went out and bought a Brodeur T shirt that I wear all the time. I idolized Marty. Used to have posters of Marty on my wall growing up and even tried to play a similar half butterfly style in net (tho I was never anywhere close to as good as he was handling the puck).

But the bottom line for me is he only played a handful of game for us. It just wouldn't be right to put him above MacInnis as my favorite Blue even tho him and Lemeiux were my favorite non-Blues by a pretty wide margin. Fun little anecdote about Al, when I was young (9-10) I won my squirt team's skill competition and the prize was a signed Blues jersey. I choose Al's because I played D at the time and he was my favorite player. Years later I met Al, told him the story, and he could not have been nicer. He even personalized the jersey writing, "To Charlie, All The Best!" That jersey hangs in my room to this day.

Pic of the Jersey

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
Name: Corey

Birthplace: Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Hometown: Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Residence for a significant amount of time: Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Current/Permanent Residence: Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Mode of Transportation: 2002 GSXR 600 (nice days) & 2001 Accord (coupe of course)

How and when you became a Blues fan: Montreal was my favourite team, then I decided I need a Western team. I really liked the way the blues played, and now them and Montreal are pretty even in my books.

Job: Government of Canada, but hopefully soon in a group home with mentally ill.

Favorite current Blues player: Petro of course

Favorite all-time Blues player: I can say Gretz right? JK, still Petro (I'm a recent blues fan within the last 3 years.

Favorite active non-Blues player: Carey Price

First Blues Game Attended: The only one I've attended, the road game in Ottawa. It went to the 11th shootout round.

Music You Listen To: Literally anything.

Favorite Band(s): Beatles, Eagles, Sum 41, Blink 182, Metallica, the list goes on and on...

Favorite Movie(s): All the Saws, Super 8, Kings of summer, Kid Cannabis, anything Adam Sandler.

Favorite Food: Hot Turkey Sandwich. Hands down! Poutine runner up.

Favorite TV Show: Lost, The 100, That 70's show, Orange is the new black, Fresh Prince, Simpsons.

Hobbies: Riding my motorcycle, Making videos, School..., Drinking.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
He mentioned having a big heart attack. I hope his health is hanging in there, but I don't know how we'll know until/unless he shows back up. Being absent during the playoff run seems like a bad sign, though.

Oh ****! I had no idea, oh man I hope he's okay.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
I am. We have officially deactivated though. I start my ETS leave July 4th so 'm staying behind to shut it down. I am in charge of shipping out all the BDE's hazmat right now. Fun stuff.

The legacy continues!! Wow, hard to believe that Ft. Benning is losing it's only/last combat unit. We have decimated the Army since I served. My oldest son is ETSing from Ft. Hood in June after 4 years enlisted. I congratulate you on your service, sir!!

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Just realized I never posted in this thread to introduce myself, lol.

Name: Bill (William)
Birthplace: Columbia, MO
Hometown: Now, Edinburg, TX, but I will always consider Hallsville, MO my hometown, lol.
Career: Former Army Infantry Officer, now a Customs and Border Protection Officer
How and when you became a Blues fan: Heard my first Blues game on AM radio back in 1974, we were getting the game because of skip off of heavy overcast, lol.
Favorite Current Blues Player: Parayko, Tara, etc. We have a lot of good players.
Favorite All-Time Blues Player: Hull, Shanahan while he was here and starting to like a lot of the current Blues players. Also liked Pronger and Al Macinnis on defense.
Favorite active non-Blues player: Like Ovechkin, what's not to like?? He scores, is physical and plays a good game.
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Too many to list, lol.
First Blues Game Attended: Saw my first live game in 1999 while on vacation from Alaska. Blues vs. Tampa Bay and we won. Took my dad, brother, and my two sons.
Favorite NON Hockey team: St. Louis Cards, grew up with them, saw Gibson pitch in 1968, baseball was everything in the midwest back in the day.
Music You Listen To: Classic rock, Metal, Country.
Favorite Band(s): Rush, Queen, early REO Speedwagon, Boston, Metallica, Toby, and George Strait, lol. Also grew up a big Beatles fan.
Favorite Movie(s): Don't know there have been so many good movies over the last 30+ years
Favorite Food: Moose or Caribou, though I also like squirrel and raccoon. Also, Black Bear is pretty good if prepared properly, lol.
Favorite TV shows: Don't watch much network TV, though I have enjoyed a lot of series like The Last Ship, The Vikings, The Magicians, Game of Thrones, etc. Lots of good series coming from independent producers.
Hobbies: Books, computer gaming, and shooting even though my shooting with pistols has slipped a little as my eye-sight has regressed with age. Still pretty good with rifles and shotguns. Still as good with pistols as a lot of young shooters, experience makes up for diminished physical abilities, lol.

Last edited:

Lakas

And i'll do it again in 2 minutes
Apr 7, 2016
Inunaki Village
Name: Marco
Birthplace: Cebu City, Philippines
Hometown: Ballwin, MO
Job: Health Care/Real Estate
How and when you became a Blues fan: Moved to St. Louis from The Philippines around '98 as a kid. Was a basketball fan, never heard of Ice Hockey before, saw a blues game in KPLR and instantly loved it. Regretted not having heard of it sooner.
Favorite Blues Player:
Current: Tarasenko and Elliot
All-Time: Pronger
Current: Malkin
All-Time: Sakic or Lindros
Education: University of San Carlos (Philippines)
First Blues Game Attended: A game against, I think, Vancouver in 98. It was a pretty big win if I remember.
Favorite NON hockey team: St. Louis Cardinals, Pittsburgh Steelers
Favorite Movie(s): Since I have a lot, I'll say Goon and Youngblood are my favorite sports-related movies
Favorite Food: I'm not a picky eater, but I'm a seafood guy. I will eat practically anything from the ocean...cooked or raw.
Favorite TV shows: The Walking Dead, Turn, Game of Thrones. Guiltily admit, I watch Anime.
Favorite Band(s): Tool, Deftones, Megadeth
Favorite Book(s): Great Gatsby, World War Z, always liked Tom Clancy too.
Hobbies: Gaming, traveling, some sports, Blues Hockey.

Edgar Carrow

The Misshapen Steed
Oct 12, 2013
Blackwater Park
Birthplace: Festus, MO
Hometown: Missouri
Job: Retail
How and when you became a Blues fan: When I was living in Washington state, I found myself bored so I started watching the San Jose Sharks. I since moved back to Missouri and found it a lot easier to watch Blues games so I became a fan out of convenience.
Favorite Blues Player:
Current: Fabbri
All-Time: n/a
Current: Pavelski
All-Time: n/a
Education: Some college.
First Blues Game Attended: I went to a game back when I was about 12, but I don't remember much of it.
Favorite NON hockey team: I don't like any other sports.
Favorite Movie(s): Harrison Bergeron, Mystic River, Equilibrium
Favorite Food: Anything without onions.
Favorite TV shows: Battlestar Galactica, Veronica Mars, Fawlty Towers
Favorite Band(s): Opeth, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull
Favorite Book(s): Dragonlance, Economic Facts and Fallacies, Fahrenheit 451
Hobbies: Traveling, Finance

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Haha I hear you Blueton, and for the record as soon as Marty signed with the team I went out and bought a Brodeur T shirt that I wear all the time. I idolized Marty. Used to have posters of Marty on my wall growing up and even tried to play a similar half butterfly style in net (tho I was never anywhere close to as good as he was handling the puck).

But the bottom line for me is he only played a handful of game for us. It just wouldn't be right to put him above MacInnis as my favorite Blue even tho him and Lemeiux were my favorite non-Blues by a pretty wide margin. Fun little anecdote about Al, when I was young (9-10) I won my squirt team's skill competition and the prize was a signed Blues jersey. I choose Al's because I played D at the time and he was my favorite player. Years later I met Al, told him the story, and he could not have been nicer. He even personalized the jersey writing, "To Charlie, All The Best!" That jersey hangs in my room to this day.

Pic of the Jersey

Well said! I wasn't trying to imply that he should be your favorite Blue. I am not even sure he would be MY favorite Blue of all time. Pretty much for the same reasons you stated. I see Brodeur and yes he played for the Blues but favorite player on the team would had to have spent some significant time with the team.

Awesome jersey! Great memories!

jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
Been here for almost 3 years and I've never posted one of these, so here goes.

me too :sarcasm:

Name: Yura
Birthplace: 2 AM start aka
Hometown: Zagreb, Croatia
Mode of Transportation: Kona bike :D
Job: transport/traffic engineer
Favorite current Blues player: Vladimir Sobotka :hit:
Favorite all-time Blues player: Pavol Demitra
Favorite active non-Blues player: Jaro Halak (started following the Blues cos of him, ah that montral trade) :shakehead: it's all masochism since
First Blues Game Attended: 0 :help:
Music You Listen To: punk rock, ska , hardcore punk ...
Favorite Band(s): to many to count
Favorite Movie(s): all zombie, trash, sf
Favorite Food: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-uLTTT3BPc
Favorite TV Show: Firefly, Buffy, The Wire, Startrek, Walking dead
Hobbies: MTB, cycling, and going on a punk shows :yo:

Reactions: brokeu91

AVictoryDive

Jan 7, 2013
Collinsville, IL
I actually forgot I did this before and read over everything. Been some changes in my life and wanted to update everything because why not?
Name: Mike
Birthplace: Overland, MO
Hometown: Belleville, IL
Mode of Transportation: 2015 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
Job: Foreman at Woods Basement Systems
How and when you became a Blues fan: As far back as I can remember, there was Blues talk all over the household and I vaguely remember watching some games as a kid.
Favorite Blues Player: current? Tarasenko when he’s healthy and O’Reilly All-Time? I would have to say it's between Chopper, Prongs, and Courtnall.
Favorite NON Blues Player: active? Big fan of Patrice Bergeron Retired? Would have to say Mario Lemieux and Scott Stevens...I would also add Pavel Bure
Your Definitive Blues Moment: Of course now it’s getting the first cup and being downtown for the parade
First Blues Game Attended: Damn, I cannot remember for the life of me.
College Attended/Attending: none
Music You Listen To: Punk Rock
Favorite Band(s): The Flatliners, The Lawrence Arms, A Wilhelm Scream, The Menzingers, Astpai, Dead to Me, Direct Hit!
Favorite Movie(s): Love gory horror movies and dark comedy
Favorite Food: Love Gioais, of course steak and burgers
Favorite TV Show: Fargo, Archer, Futurama, Rick & Marty, The Office, Game of Thrones...open for recommendations
Hobbies: Cooking, watching the various movies/shows, hiking, powerlifting, and getting ready for fatherhood baby girl is due in January​

Reactions: jura and brokeu91

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I actually forgot I did this before and read over everything. Been some changes in my life and wanted to update everything because why not?
Name: Mike
Birthplace: Overland, MO
Hometown: Belleville, IL
Mode of Transportation: 2015 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
Job: Foreman at Woods Basement Systems
How and when you became a Blues fan: As far back as I can remember, there was Blues talk all over the household and I vaguely remember watching some games as a kid.
Favorite Blues Player: current? Tarasenko when he’s healthy and O’Reilly All-Time? I would have to say it's between Chopper, Prongs, and Courtnall.
Favorite NON Blues Player: active? Big fan of Patrice Bergeron Retired? Would have to say Mario Lemieux and Scott Stevens...I would also add Pavel Bure
Your Definitive Blues Moment: Of course now it’s getting the first cup and being downtown for the parade
College Attended/Attending: none
Music You Listen To: Punk Rock
Favorite Band(s): The Flatliners, The Lawrence Arms, A Wilhelm Scream, The Menzingers, Astpai, Dead to Me, Direct Hit!
Favorite Movie(s): Love gory horror movies and dark comedy
Favorite Food: Love Gioais, of course steak and burgers
Favorite TV Show: Fargo, Archer, Futurama, Rick & Marty, The Office, Game of Thrones...open for recommendations
Hobbies: Cooking, watching the various movies/shows, hiking, powerlifting, and getting ready for fatherhood baby girl is due in January​
Congrats on your little one. Nothing comes between a dad and his little girl. That first time you're holding her on your chest, laid back in the recliner, and she lifts her head up and smiles at you will stay in your mind until the day you leave this world.

Reactions: AVictoryDive

AVictoryDive

Jan 7, 2013
Collinsville, IL
Congrats on your little one. Nothing comes between a dad and his little girl. That first time you're holding her on your chest, laid back in the recliner, and she lifts her head up and smiles at you will stay in your mind until the day you leave this world.
Thanks I get emotional any time I think about her. I’m not nervous anymore just super excited to help bring her up in this world. Arbella Elizabeth Mae Davies

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
I guess I'll bite. I guess I'm still relatively new here as I've been posting here for over a year now and been lurking long before that.

Name: Alex
Birthplace: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Hometown: Medicine Hat, Alberta Canada
Mode of Transportation: 2013 Ford F150 daily driver /2016 Ford F350 work truck
Job: I work in the logistics division at major corporation
Favorite current Blues player: Parayko, Schenn, ROR
Favorite all-time Blues player: Pronger and MacInnis
Favorite active non-Blues player: Alex Pietrangelo feels weird I'm putting him here Lol, Matthew Tkachuk, Mark Giordano, Brayden Point just to name a few
First Blues Game Attended: Road game in Calgary in 2011
Music You Listen To: Pretty much everything
Favorite Band(s): Too many to list
Favorite Movie(s): Too many to list
Favorite Food: Caesar salad and hot wings or Steak and Caesar salad.
Favorite TV Show: The Office, Parks & Rec, The Simpsons(1990's episodes) just to name a few.
Hobbies: Gaming, Computers, Cooking, Photography, Golf, Hockey, Camping, Hiking, all things outdoors pretty much

Reactions: brokeu91

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
Name: Michael
Birthplace: St. Louis, MO
Hometown: East Greenwich, RI
Mode of Transportation: 2011 Toyota Avalon
Job: Geriatric Psychiatrist for Brown University Medical School/Butler Hospital. Also Director of psychiatric education for Brown Medical School
How and when you became a Blues fan: As far back as I can remember
Favorite Blues Player: current? ROR
All-Time? Pronger
Favorite NON Blues Player: active? Petro
Retired? Mario Lemieux
Your Definitive Blues Moment: Game 7
College Attended/Attending: University of Missouri-undergrad
University of Missouri-medical school
University of Iowa-residency and fellowship
Music You Listen To: Rock
Favorite Band(s): The Beatles, Nirvana, Led Zeplin, Pearl Jam, The Clash
Favorite Movie(s): “Pulp Fiction” and Christmas movies
Favorite Food: Steak
Favorite TV Show: Archer, Seinfeld, Family Guy, The Wire
Hobbies: I have none, I have two young children and no free time​

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad