GDT: MDSF: (3) Penguins vs. (2) Islanders - Game 2 | 4.12 @ 7:30 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
They're all passengers right now. They are too tense or something. Just waiting for somebody else to make a play, and too big of a ***** to try to make a play. Afraid of their own shadow.

They’re afraid to make mistakes because the Isles have feasted on them...

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
We should just trap them back. Our forecheckers aren't doing **** anyway. Just skate back to the NZ when we lose possession in the offensive zone.
this is good in theory, the problem is our guys don't have a clue how to slow bodies skating through NZ, the guys skating around them

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Facing the trap on the worst ice in the league is horrible. We need to take this game.
tumblr_ozc0qbQMPo1rourwbo5_r1_400.gif

Reactions: domaug

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I wonder if Maatta's absence has anything to with this team not doing the spin cycle in their own zone. Hmmm...

Reactions: KIRK

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I still think this series goes six or seven, but this is exactly what I was talking about for a week or so before the series started. The Isles don't have a ton of huge names or anything, but they'll outwork the shit out of you and make life miserable for a bad, slow blueline like we've got. I almost wonder if we'd have been better served playing the Caps, who I think are the "better" team, but we always seem to get up for games against Washington. The Isles have been a nightmare through four periods so far.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Hornqvist has like 2 goals in the last 3 months.

I'm gonna go on a limb and say Hornqvist would have more goals had he spent more time in the top 6 this year. Regardless, Rust and Simon have never established themselves as top 6 wingers. Hornqvist, despite recent struggles, has.

Reactions: canadianguy77

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Reality is we hoped it'd magically come together once the PO's started but the structure has gotten worse with a wonky Tanger back in the mix + several key guys not playing well enough.
At this point you just hope for them to please stop annoying us so much and try to achieve some sort of competence in their play that resembles an NHL PO team.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad