GDT: MDSF: (3) Penguins vs. (2) Islanders - Game 2 | 4.12 @ 7:30 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Eh. This is Ottawa series redux. Gotta stay patient and keep the stupid to a minimum. You're better than them.

Great comparison. The Ottawa series was the most frustrating series for me out of both Cup runs. The most nervous I ever got was for that game 7.

Reactions: Andy99

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Maybe he can score a couple goals based on his own merit and earn his way back to the top line? Idk...
Sure, if that was the kind of player he was. Except he doesn't create offense on his own. He goes to the net hard, and fights for second chances and tips. Unless you have players who gets the puck to the net, he's not going to do much.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Spot on. They can't give the Islanders any more time than necessary to get back on the attack.

The Norm...

tenor.gif

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Spot on. They can't give the Islanders any more time than necessary to get back on the attack.

Fast was part of it, but @Jesse also was emphatic before the series that you needed the forwards to come back to support the breakout and then provide close puck support through the neutral zone.

Our idea of trying to be quick is forwards blowing the zone and throwing the puck up to them . . . right into the teeth of that 1-1-3.

Reactions: BHD

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
Eh. This is Ottawa series redux. Gotta stay patient and keep the stupid to a minimum. You're better than them.

This is true, but we have letang and malkin on our team. Two great players with tic tac brains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad