GDT: MDSF: (3) Penguins vs. (2) Islanders - Game 2 | 4.12 @ 7:30 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
My +s so far.... Muzz and Bjugs? :laugh: Maybe Kessel?

Rust is BAD. The whole team is not playing well. It's weird because they look like they are scared to make a play. It's very unusual. I think the roster is great. Just sloppy uninspired hockey. Almost identical to what they put out in november.
They're all passengers right now. They are too tense or something. Just waiting for somebody else to make a play, and too big of a p***y to try to make a play. Afraid of their own shadow.

Reactions: Andy99 and ColePens

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Jack Johnson proving everyone right here tonight. Gaining us momentum going into the 2nd by leading us to two unnecessary penalties.

I'm more disappointed in some of the core guys truth be told. Rust looks like a complete non factor. When JR had that speech about guys getting fat and happy I have to think it 100% applied to Rust. Sid hasn't looked himself either.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Rust is BAD. The whole team is not playing well. It's weird because they look like they are scared to make a play. It's very unusual. I think the roster is great. Just sloppy uninspired hockey. Almost identical to what they put out in november.

This team is a good roster on paper, but they're a bad team in reality. And when I say "bad team", I mean a bad collection of players.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I just want us to match the intensity and desperation that the Isles are showing with their forecheck and aggressiveness. We have the guys to do it, we're not a slow team in terms of foot speed, but we're purposely playing slow for some reason. Just frustrating stuff to watch.

The Isles are faster, the Isles get to puck first, the Isles take the body, the Isles interfere...they are playing better as a team and making life miserable for the Pens and the Pens have no answer...being outplayed and out coached...we’re not as good as people think...it’s not hard to understand

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Flipping Rust and Horny will help both lines. Geno lost the desperately needed speed the moment McCann went out, and L2 being a mess is no surprise.

BTW, Sully won't do it.
I guarantee that.

He's not doing a damn thing to help right now.

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Yes and no.

They're not built to play the speed game Sid wants them to play, and they're not patient enough to play the way they need to play, given the team they ARE, against the Isles.

The sloppiness is an effect, not the cause.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad