McNabb should be suspended

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Looks more like he caught the thigh rather than the knee. Very close to the 'jewels'. Don't see a suspension in there though.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
VGK might actually get suspended since it happened against TO where everyone will make noise about it.

They'd better be careful though, they're running out of guys with 'no history' to defend, the dirty play rotation will have to start fresh soon.

Reactions: Clowe Me and Sol

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I think this is similar to the Giordano/Fowler hit. He looks to be focused on making a shoulder hit, and his knee is leading his body through that motion without any conscious effort from McNab. If players are lunging with their shoulder while skating with bent knees, their knee will move with the shoulder subconsciously in order to maintain balance. These plays are tough to evaluate, and whether the NHL frowns upon it or not is really anyone's guess.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
dirty. shoulda been 5. will get a game or 2 for it easily. AJ probably out for an extended period of time and that POS is laughing it up in the penalty box.

glad the leafs mauled em tonight.

pomx

May 15, 2014
Don’t see it as intentional, more like leans in for the hit and an unfortunate knee on knee happens. Probably will get a game because Leafs.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Don’t see it as intentional, more like leans in for the hit and an unfortunate knee on knee happens. Probably will get a game because Leafs.

Yes, because playing the Leafs gets guys suspended. I can’t even remember the last guy that got a suspension with a play against us. Might be going on years.

Last edited:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
As someone who thinks most mainboard threads are about fairly harmless hits, I do agree this one deserves supplemental discipline. You just can’t knee someone like that. 1-2 games.

Reactions: unitedstars87

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
VGK might actually get suspended since it happened against TO where everyone will make noise about it.
Probably will get a game because Leafs.

Except history does not support that.

Last time a player got suspended for actions against the Leafs was May 2, 2013 when Andrew Ference got one game for this nasty hit on Grabovski

There have been three other supplemental disciplines in that time, all fines.
  • Sep. 24, 2013, when Ron Rolston was fined $10,000.00 for his player selection in the game, and Toronto themselves had two players suspended in the Kessel vs. Scott vs. Clarkson ordeal
  • Mar. 25, 2016 when Josh Manson was fined $2,486.56 for his throat slashing gesture to Kadri, which frankly the League had to act on (though Kadri's hit leading to the gesture should've received a suspension for boarding, imo)
  • Mar. 21, 2018, when Steven Stamkos was fined $5,000 for tripping Morgan Rielly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad