McNabb should be suspended

nothingbeatshockey

May 3, 2013
Bad hit - needs to sit a game, as that wasn't even close to a hockey play.

But let's not pretend to know why he was smiling in the penalty box. Is he a d-bag who enjoys hurting other players? Maybe, I have no idea. I don't see the Knights enough to know what kind of player he is. Did someone say something that made him laugh? I've no idea. What he did in the penalty box has no bearing on the suspension or not.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
Worthy of a 1 or 2 game suspension, no doubt.

But saying he was “laughing it up” in the penalty box in order to make it look worse makes some of you come off as quite sensitive. I’d like to see it from another angle, because he’s clearly making eye contact with someone when he smiled, so I wonder if it was a threat from a Leaf player, or something a teammate skated by and said.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Worthy of a 1 or 2 game suspension, no doubt.

But saying he was “laughing it up” in the penalty box in order to make it look worse makes some of you come off as quite sensitive. I’d like to see it from another angle, because he’s clearly making eye contact with someone when he smiled, so I wonder if it was a threat from a Leaf player, or something a teammate skated by and said.

They're always laughing though. Team philosophy, keep it light and upbeat - even the coach laughs on the bench. If you ever see Gallant yelling at his team you know they're in for it next practice.

It probably seems really weird to a major market that a hockey team that doesn't have a 3 goal lead isn't dour and serious all the time.

I would guess Engelland skated by & teased him he's gonna get a lengthy suspension - to bust his ****s and make him feel better about taking a dumb penalty.

NextYear67

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
0 games IMO. Fast game, JUST barely clipped him. Wasn't reckless at all IMO. Just an unfortunate result.

Reactions: MordredGK

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Schmidt should have been suspended when he boarded Joel Ward, separated his shoulder, and effectively ended his career. That’s just off the top of my head and I’m sure a few of these other guys have a history of those as well.

McNabb, in particular, does not deserve the benefit of the doubt at all.
That and Shea Theodore doing the same thing Evander Kane got a 5 min penalty and a game last year and got nothing. Same series, too.

Reactions: WilliamNylander

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
If he was still a King he would get suspended but since he's playing for the golden boys now I doubt it

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
If he was still a King he would get suspended but since he's playing for the golden boys now I doubt it

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Reckless hit.

As for the smiling, there's zero context for it. He seems to be looking at someone on the ice so it could be a response to that. It's a huge leap to assume he's smiling because he's so pleased with himself for injuring someone.

Plus then he'd be twirling the ends of his mustache.

Stelmacki

May 2, 2017
If Kadri did that play to someone this board would be up in arms about it. Should be a suspension but won't even get a review because Leafs. Inconsistency

You do realize that in your own hypothetical, leafs fans would be defending the hit. Inconsistency indeed.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Except history does not support that.

Last time a player got suspended for actions against the Leafs was May 2, 2013 when Andrew Ference got one game for this nasty hit on Grabovski

There have been three other supplemental disciplines in that time, all fines.
  • Sep. 24, 2013, when Ron Rolston was fined $10,000.00 for his player selection in the game, and Toronto themselves had two players suspended in the Kessel vs. Scott vs. Clarkson ordeal
  • Mar. 25, 2016 when Josh Manson was fined $2,486.56 for his throat slashing gesture to Kadri, which frankly the League had to act on (though Kadri's hit leading to the gesture should've received a suspension for boarding, imo)
  • Mar. 21, 2018, when Steven Stamkos was fined $5,000 for tripping Morgan Rielly

This is actually pretty crazy.

I wonder how this stacks up to the rest of the league...

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Greasy play, but it's not like Toronto has anyone who can return the favor and do anything. The team is embarrassingly soft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad