Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
giphy.gif

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
Zero games.

Reasoning:
No intent to injure.
Smiling in the penalty box without more context is misleading information (he could've been laughing because a teammate skated by, who knows).

There’s very rarely intentional hits to the head or knee on knees. They’re the result of recklessness and stupidity usually. This would qualify as both reckless and stupid. He also clearly visibly saw the damage he caused as Johnsson spent considerable time down on the ice before being carried to the back.

Reactions: DriveFor9th

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
There was intent to injury. Prove me wrong. It was a dirty ass play regardless.

That's not how it works.

However, the NHL suspends for recklessness regardless of intent. It's still potentially a suspension.

I think it deserves a game just because the stupid refs didn't kick him out.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
That's not how it works.

However, the NHL suspends for recklessness regardless of intent. It's still potentially a suspension.

I think it deserves a game just because the stupid refs didn't kick him out.
My point is....how do you determine intent? I mean he stuck his knee out and only made contact with the knee.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
My point is....how do you determine intent? I mean he stuck his knee out and only made contact with the knee.

I agree. That's probably exhibit A for why the NHL suspends based on recklessness instead of intent.

Worth pointing out that it's not knee-on-knee, it's knee on thigh, but it's still dangerous/reckless, and Johnsson's confirmed out for the night.

Charlie horse/groin are both possibilities, and the way Johnsson went off the ice, I'm betting it's not just a mild strain.

I again feel the need to call out the refs on this...how the f*** is that 2 minutes?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad