TSN: McKenzie :If Habs take a center it's no longer an off the board pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Obviously the target would be Ryan Getzlaf...who got 3 years left at $8.25 million ...6 foot 5 center.

What the trade would be? i dunno...

The Ducks aren’t trading away Getzlaf even in a shake up, and if they were, it would cost us an arm and a leg, which is why Bergevin keeps failing to get one mixed in with trading away the assets that could potentially land one.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
Again leave the to Bergy ..lol i cant predict .

but that should be the focus...you want a big number 1 legit center...
The problem is we have no assets to offer. We squandered them on wingers. Or position of strength is winger, the least valuable position. For example if I was a GM I wouldn't trade a first line centre for a first line winger. I could just play my centre on the wing if I needed to and still have that depth to cover any injuries to the starting centres. Why would I hand cuff myself? We don't have the assets to aquire a proper top line centre, they rarely go to free agency and when they do they never come to Montreal. The only way to get one..... The draft.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I'm gonna be drunk AF before that happens.

There's no one left that I truly like other than Scherbak. I'm hoping to have someone new with this pick but TkaSuck isn't the guy

You were a former goalie. If he bounces back, you should be able to appreciate him.

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Not more than 3 years hopefully

You're not getting a center of this caliber for an offer like that. Stastny is not getting younger, he will go for longer term on his last contract in the NHL. Expecting 6 years in between 6 to 7.5 million (Best center available after Tavares, could get extra money for that). He was really good with the Jets especially in the playoffs.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
You're not getting a center of this caliber for an offer like that. Stastny is not getting younger, he will go for longer term on his last contract in the NHL. Expecting 6 years in between 6 to 7.5 million (Best center available after Tavares, could get extra money for that). He was really good with the Jets especially in the playoffs.

No chance he gets 6 years.

Alzner at 29 years old got 5 years
Shattenkirk at 28 got 4 years
Okposo at 28 got 7 years
Lucic at 28 got 7 years
Radulov at 31 got 6 years
Hanzal at 30 got 3 years

Statsny would be 39 at the end of his contract if he signs for 6 years. None of the ufas above come close to that.

Also, last summer Alzner was the only ufa to get over 4 years. So it seems gms have become wary of giving long-term contract to ufas

I expect Statsny to get 4 years, but I would offer him more money to make it 3 years.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Do the Ducks do Getzlaf and a 2nd or a prospect, for 3rd overall if they decide to rebuild? We keep Pacioretty and add more pieces and we go into win right now mode...? Seems like a Bergie move...

At least we could get some excitement next season, and maybe by some miracle Price will get a cup in Montreal and we wouldn't have pissed away his career.

Bergevin never does things the right way, and until he's gone there is no point in being hopeful for anything he says or does.

Last edited:

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
So hopefully we have another mediocre year ,perhaps Bergevin gets fired and we get another top pick to add to our group of prospects...Could be pretty good eventually , we have to suffer first before we can rebuild and succeed again.
Mediocre? I think you mean bad. Mediocre is my greatest fear.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Do the Ducks do Getzlaf and a 2nd or a prospect, for 3rd overall if they decide to rebuild? We keep Pacioretty and add more pieces and we go into win right now mode...? Seems like a Bergie move...

At least we could get some excitement next season, and maybe by some miracle Price will get a cup in Montreal and we wouldn't have pissed away his career.

Bergevin never does things the right way, and until he's gone there is no point in being hopeful for anything he says or does.

If we acquire anybody over 30 I will lose my freakin mind.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009

Okposo at 28 got 7 years
Lucic at 28 got 7 years
Hanzal at 30 got 3 years

Statsny would be 39 at the end of his contract if he signs for 6 years. None of the ufas above come close to that.

Also, last summer Alzner was the only ufa to get over 4 years. So it seems gms have become wary of giving long-term contract to ufas

I expect Statsny to get 4 years, but I would offer him more money to make it 3 years.
Why bother at all? To finish 17th?

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
If we acquire anybody over 30 I will lose my freakin mind.
GM-620x349.jpg

Expect the unexpected... It's not my fault, this isn't Playstation. Carey needs to be better.

Reactions: King In Glory

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018

Okposo at 28 got 7 years
Lucic at 28 got 7 years
Hanzal at 30 got 3 years

It's a good point, but I can still see him getting atleast 5. He's a centerman posting good numbers and coming off a really good playoff performance.

I do agree with you, 3-4 years would the best case scenario.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Okposo at 28 got 7 years
Lucic at 28 got 7 years
Hanzal at 30 got 3 years

Stastny would start his 6th year at 37 years old.
Year 1 : 32
Year 2: 33
Year 3: 34
Year 4: 35
Year 5: 36
Year 6: 37

So he might get 6 years in a market like this. But i see the salary going lower.
There's always that desperate GM out there and sadly, he's in MTL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad