TSN: McKenzie :If Habs take a center it's no longer an off the board pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
MB has the cap space to give Joe 9 or 10 million reasons.

Habs are one of the few teams that can throw a 40 year old 9 Million cap hit.
And they're the only team that would even consider throwing that much cash at a 40 year old player but even Bergevin isn't this stupid.

Thank goodness Bergevin was never a drinking buddy of Thornton's dad is all I can say.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
nobody is gonna give 9m to joe thorthon lmao what are u smoking

do you know hows UFA works?

He got 8 last year.

MB aint nobody, he is the guy that will be willing to give Joe 9/10/11/12/13 Mill a year. If Joe was 30 maybe he wouldn't pay, but how can he pass on a 40 year old Joe?

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
And they're the only team that would even consider throwing that much cash at a 40 year old player but even Bergevin isn't this stupid.

Thank goodness Bergevin was never a drinking buddy of Thornton's dad is all I can say.

famous last words :)

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
he had 8 last year because he was on an older contract

hes not worth 8m anymore lmao.

Marleau did not even get that

lolol

Who says what he is worth. MB wants a C, Joe is 40 years old, MB will have to pay out the ass to get him here, MB has a crap ton of cap space.

After habs strike out on JT, don't trade for ROR and Bozak/Statsny sign elsewhere it will be his final hail mary.

Or you don't think MB is the type of GM to overpay for an old over the hill player whose production will fall off a cliff? Joe and Pleks our new 1-2 punch.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Who says what he is worth. MB wants a C, Joe is 40 years old, MB will have to pay out the ass to get him here, MB has a crap ton of cap space.

After habs strike out on JT, don't trade for ROR and Bozak/Statsny sign elsewhere it will be his final hail mary.

Or you don't think MB is the type of GM to overpay for an old over the hill player whose production will fall off a cliff? Joe and Pleks our new 1-2 punch.

1- Big Joe never won a cup
2- He wont join a bottom 5 team in the league
3- he already got the money from previous contracts
4- he wont move in a shithole town and gm with snow when hes in CAL
5- He will join a contender team for 1-2 years max like Toronto reunited maybe with Marleau or a TB kind of team

Literally 0 reasons for him to join the habs.
0 reasons why Bergevin should be on him also.
We wont make playoffs for the next 3 years anyways.

Reactions: BeliveauFan4ever

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Oh puh-leeaase... Jumbo Joe will sign cheap once he'll have tasted our hotdogs and enjoyed the fan experience here

He won't sign cheap and MB will make sure of it. He has the 9 Million dollars waiting. He might throw Joe a bone and up it to 10 Million.

I mean you guys can't see 40 year old Joe making 10 Mill next to Weber and Price on this team. All that is left is Lucic for Max straight up 1 for 1.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
He won't sign cheap and MB will make sure of it. He has the 9 Million dollars waiting. He might throw Joe a bone and up it to 10 Million.

I mean you guys can't see 40 year old Joe making 10 Mill next to Weber and Price on this team. All that is left is Lucic for Max straight up 1 for 1.

Huumm.. did you happen to take a look at our D???

Reactions: scrubadam

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
1- Big Joe never won a cup
2- He wont join a bottom 5 team in the league
3- he already got the money from previous contracts
4- he wont move in a ****hole town and gm with snow when hes in CAL
5- He will join a contender team for 1-2 years max like Toronto reunited maybe with Marleau or a TB kind of team

Literally 0 reasons for him to join the habs.
0 reasons why Bergevin should be on him also.
We wont make playoffs for the next 3 years anyways.

We will see.

I bet you MB is going to back a truckload of money to Joes doorstep and Joe will have to chose between big bucks for his last year , or less money and winning.

But I don't doubt for a second that MB will be desperate enough to try and sign Joe to the biggest contract he can.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
A lot of broken sarcasm detectors in this thread.......

2ckuga.jpg

You could tell ROR is only a no. 2C.

A no. 1C would have made the opening smack in the middle of that wall. :sarcasm:

Broken enough for you? :skeptic:

Last edited:

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013

I'm not sure I would do it but what's the problem with giving a guy alot of money on a 1 year deal. If we are just going to go into next season with 10m+ like last year then why not spend it on a 1 year deal?

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Zadina seems like a promising scorer, Kotkaniemi a possible Kopitar, Dobson a potential Petry.

Tkachuk looks to me like Chad Kilger. Only 8 goals playing in a weak US College league. I see very little upside taking him.

Bouchard looks like a Mike Green, Boo looks like a more talented Ellis and Hughes like a mini mix of Markov/Subban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad