McDavid hate rewarded by giraffes. lEafs beat Oilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
You keep the best of the three ... that's Hall.

IMO McDavid + Hall + Draisaitl + Nurse is your core group. Anyone else is available but you don't make trades for the sake of making trades, we need to get value for our players and be patient (as much as that's going to piss people off).

This is sound but despite what Chia Pete said, sometimes you do just have to trade to make a trade. The core runs the show, either way. If they can't lead you to improvement, time to go.

They have given these guys letters and way too much slack and McLellan is coming in 3 years too late.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Toronto hasn't been a bottom feeding bunch of crap for 10 years though. McLellan has much more work to do than Babcock did and its not even funny. And you say he is getting a lot more mileage, they are a bottom 5 team still, that's not saying much.

Leafs have been just as bad, they just didn't have the lottery luck, and traded away a couple of early 1sts for Kessel.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
That was not one of Hall's better games, he is going back to being careless with the puck. RNH and Eberle still look like crap and Pouliot is also playing like he's useless. Outside of Drai, Nurse and Sekera I don't think that anyone on our side had a good game.

It's the type of game that Hall regresses to when no one on the ice besides himself (and Drai) are doing anything.

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
I tuned off. What did he say?

Someone with a hillbilly accent talking how the coach should throw things at the players to make them play better. Also he thinks all the oilers have skinny arms. Man some of these fans, jeez.

He also was advocating on the coach fining players 1000 dollars everytime they fail to get the puck out of the zone.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Someone with a hillbilly accent talking how the coach should throw things at the players to make them play better. Also he thinks all the oilers have skinny arms. Man some of these fans, jeez.

He also was advocating on the coach fining players 1000 dollars everytime they fail to get the puck out of the zone.
That was Dallas E. from SoCal.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Enough is enough! It's high time we begin our search for Chris Pronger's love child (currently 8-9 years old) and ceremoniously burn him/her at the stake and end this god forsaken curse!!!

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney

"None of these dem Oilers boys can chop any wood! Heck, I don't even think any of dem Oilers boys can carry any water! What they need is a good strong leader to lead them up stairs and back down stairs. Its all about der fitness! When I was a little boy, I knew a thing or two about hard work. Oooh, let me tell you, the day you start letting dem boys have skinny arms, the day you get your suit soaked."

"Uh, ok... we have a text message coming in... it's from Craig, he says he likes that post... Not that kind of media, Craig. Not that kind of media"

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
That was Dallas E. from SoCal.

2214763_o.gif

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
I concur with the sentiment that Hall starts to force the issue when the team is losing. He absolutely shouldn't be relied upon as the only offensive force on this team. When McDavid returns, Nuge needs to be on the "third line" or traded.

It's amazing, McDavid produces more offense, and gets more production, out of veteran players and superstar youngsters than our "veteran" former #1OA Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I concur with the sentiment that Hall starts to force the issue when the team is losing. He absolutely shouldn't be relied upon as the only offensive force on this team. When McDavid returns, Nuge needs to be on the "third line" or traded.

It's amazing, McDavid produces more offense, and gets more production, out of veteran players and superstar youngsters than our "veteran" former #1OA Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.

Another few years with these guys and even McDavid might crumble.

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
No matter how bad the Oil play, I always end the night with a smile on my face from the callers on CHED. That's one thing I'll miss when eventually they start winning.

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
"None of these dem Oilers boys can chop any wood! Heck, I don't even think any of dem Oilers boys can carry any water! What they need is a good strong leader to lead them up stairs and back down stairs. Its all about der fitness! When I was a little boy, I knew a thing or two about hard work. Oooh, let me tell you, the day you start letting dem boys have skinny arms, the day you get your suit soaked."

"Uh, ok... we have a text message coming in... it's from Craig, he says he likes that post... Not that kind of media, Craig. Not that kind of media"

:laugh:

Pretty much lol

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Except that I never said that about any of those guys. Goes to show how strongly I feel against the aforementioned players.
Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that you had.
I felt that Dubnyk for sure was addition by subtraction.
What I really wanted to say is that there are very few players about whom that comment can legitimately be made yet it gets said over and over on this board.
And we are usually wrong.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
I don't see how trading RNH and Eberle will help unless it's to address a need. Moving everyone else up a line on the roster isn't going to make them more effective. I'd be fine moving then but trading for the sake of trading is dumb. We've already shuffled key players over the past decade with the same results. We need defense, period. Everything else is just secondary bs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad