Value of: McCarron to the Leafs

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
I've always liked McCarron. Surprised he isn't a fixture on the Habs by now. Loved his M-Cup year with Oshawa.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
First at all, thank you for the interest and for your attitude. I think the way you write is realy respectful and constructive, a thing that becomes rare sometimes here

For the OP, to be honest I follow prospects a lot before the drafts and I was one of many around this panel scared as hell of Kapanen and many clubs were scared actually because he has slided a bit in the rankings. I cant say much about what he becomes in the AHL after being traded by the Pens, but im just inconfortable with him.

For Bozak, even If he's on a 50-55 pts season pace and he could give us precious services, I dont feel he's the man of the situation when bug times will arrive and I see him like a 2 years unworthy rentals and realy doubt he would fit somewhere after.

Like others here, I think a younger Kadri would fit better in the actual structure. We of course, would have to add to McCarron to grab him buy like you said, there's absolutly no chance to happen.

Therefore, I would be ok to take a shot at the Bozak, but taking the leafs 1st in the process

Something like : McCarron + Desharnais + both 2nd rd picks of Washington vs Bozak + 1st

Not sure if the value is there...

Also enjoyed your post but after watching my Leafs trade 1sts for years I can't really get behind it.

I guess we could make this one of the more civilised TOR-MTL trade threads and say inconclusive in terms of a trade?

russ4king

Sep 10, 2002
Welland
Visit site
I've been a fan of his for a while, although generally speaking, division rivals don't make trades.

That being said, is there a deal to be had here? Is there anything that Montreal would *realistically* want for him from the Leafs?

Thank you in advance for the constructive thread :)

We already have Freddy Gauthier....he will be out 4th line centre.

Don't need McCarron.

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
My thoughts were to put him on RW for Matthews or Nylander. Think he could be dangerous in front of the net but Habs have Shaw and Gallagher to drive the opponents nuts there.

Trust me, I didn't think Montreal fans would be thrilled to push McCarron out the door, I like him and I am sure Montreal fans do too :)

Everyone pumps their own prospects, I didn't want to be called guilty on that. :)

Personally I hate the idea of him with Matthews. Hyman's holding his own right now and I know Babcock keeps talking about how they need a guy like that on their line, but eventually Matthews is gonna need to play with real top 6 talents, not bottom 6 grinders if they wanna maximize him. McCarron's a decent prospect, but he hasn't shown the offense thus far to give any indication he'll be anything other than another bottom 6 guy with size. Those guys are easy to find.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I've always liked McCarron. Surprised he isn't a fixture on the Habs by now. Loved his M-Cup year with Oshawa.

me too, but you know, therrien...and big guys take longer to develop. I think he might be here to stay if he can play well in the next few games. Certainly a better fit than andrighetto right now, and with two C's missing...

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
No sense in the Habs trading McCarron for a prospect. Also, can't imagine them wanting to give the Leafs more size and grit.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Leafs 1rst will probably be top 10. We could get Foote.

Mccaron isn't worth a top 10 pick... mccaron is expected to be a 3rd liner. You don't trade top picks for 3rd liners.

Unless you meant the 2018 pick? Which still wouldn't make sense

yeah I didnt watch the standing before making the statement. I thought they were more about 8-14, but youre right, he doesnt worth a top 10 but I doubt that we let him go for late 1st. Anyway, 2018 would be ok, but like said by another poster, we could just say inconclusive

Then, still alone in the dark is the JVR file, not a fan but our GM certainly would be... but I know that this file can bring crispy talks ;)

LeafGm

Jan 10, 2009
Why do we want him?

Not trying **** off Habs fans, but I would like to know the thought behind this idea?
Yeah, I'm a little confused as to what his appeal is supposed to be to the Leafs.

I mean, there's no point in the Habs shuffling him off for some mediocre package either, but on the Leaf side of things, McCarron hasn't really done anything since being drafted to demonstrate any kind of serious NHL scoring potential that's worth paying a premium for.

If he's a winger long term, well, we've already got plenty of those, and almost all of the rookies we have playing for the Leafs (along with Leipsic & Kapanen on the Marlies) have demonstrated better offensive skill at the junior & AHL levels.

If he's a center---well, we're OK there long-term too, with Matthews, Nylander & Kadri likely being the picture for us down the middle.

So...why do we want or need him? Just because he's big?

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Right-now McCarron value is invaluable. He could wind up being a very good player. I think we should hold onto him.

If he gets traded it's not going to be for players who aren't going to be protected.

russ4king

Sep 10, 2002
Welland
Visit site
Much of your comments are only troll material. Stop being so useless

Why...I am not saying anything disparaging toward posters. Just stating my opinion. Not trolling at all.

But the reality is that McCarron isn't that great. If he was he would be playing in Montreal already. Any idea of a McCarron+ for Kadri is as unrealistic as a Leaf fan suggesting the Leafs could acquire Pactches for Gauthier +. Which of course is ridiculous.

You realize you can state your opinion on a team's prospects without trolling. Montreal's prospects aren't that great. They have a couple guys who have potential to be impact NHL players in Juulsen and Sergachev. But what else would you expect from a team that has drafted in the 25-30 range for the last 10+ years? Montreal is a great team...and their prospect pool suffers because of it. And that's great. I would rather have a cup contending team for 10+ years than a system filled with blue chippers.

Dog

Why...I am not saying anything disparaging toward posters. Just stating my opinion. Not trolling at all.

But the reality is that McCarron isn't that great. If he was he would be playing in Montreal already. Any idea of a McCarron+ for Kadri is as unrealistic as a Leaf fan suggesting the Leafs could acquire Pactches for Gauthier +. Which of course is ridiculous.

You realize you can state your opinion on a team's prospects without trolling. Montreal's prospects aren't that great. They have a couple guys who have potential to be impact NHL players in Juulsen and Sergachev. But what else would you expect from a team that has drafted in the 25-30 range for the last 10+ years? Montreal is a great team...and their prospect pool suffers because of it. And that's great. I would rather have a cup contending team for 10+ years than a system filled with blue chippers.

We've gotten Galchenyuk and Price in the last 10+ years. I know they aren't great, but I mean they were ok picks. It's too bad they haven't developed as well as they should have.

russ4king

Sep 10, 2002
Welland
Visit site
We've gotten Galchenyuk and Price in the last 10+ years. I know they aren't great, but I mean they were ok picks. It's too bad they haven't developed as well as they should have.

They aren't prospects....they are players. Huge difference. But they are fabulous....no disputing that. But they were picked..3rd and 5th...so they should be all star calibre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad