Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season: Free Agency, Draft Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Legette gone. Adonai Mitchell's red flags might be too much. I think 34 for Aiyuk is a bit too obvious.

Reactions: DKH

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Legette gone. Adonai Mitchell's red flags might be too much.
You also have to think Buffalo's going WR at #33.

I like the idea of McConkey as a security blanket for Maye, but I wonder if he's too similar to Douglas.

I like Keon Coleman, but I'd think they'd be looking for someone with more deep speed.

I think #34 is a little early for the likes of the other two Washington kids or Corley.

I'd be OK with Kingsley Suamataia.

It's probably a little early for any of the other tackles.

I don't love the position they're in right now.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Maybe not enough effort to try and trade into end of first round then.

I am still curious how it made any sense to have your GM doing a press conference while round one is still ongoing.

Reactions: Gordoff

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade down and then trade up from their 3rd. Maybe 34 + 68 for 41 + 58 from Green Bay or 42 + 59 from Houston. Probably gives them the best chance to get both a WR and OT.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

Why not rotate?

1184881497.0.jpg

Atlanta Falcons Board Poll: Who starts week 2? Penix or Cousins

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I saw the overview of first round picks. While I wasn't high on Maye and still have a voice in the back of my head shouting that he's going to turn into Trubisky 2.0, I am willing to be optimistic that the Patriots aren't going to ruin this kid. They will do everything possible to put Maye in a position to succeed the way Belichick didn't do with Mac Jones. As long as they play to this kid's strengths and get him quality help at positions of need, Drake Maye is in good hands. That gives me hope that things will finally change for the better. Here's hoping that the Patriots hit the jackpot with this kid.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
The Patriots have one thing going in their favor and that is AFC East is the AFC East

By that same token though, the AFC East has the Bills with Josh Allen and the Jets with Aaron Rodgers in it. They may have some question marks on them, but they are still talented QBs on teams that, when putting the right pieces around their QBs, are tough outs. I don't rate the Dolphins because McDaniel is a fraud and Tua's a glass cannon that still can't stop turning the ball over.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Very very happy we got our guy. He’s gonna be a supa star

Now let’s scoop Aiyuk and some linemen with the rest of the draft and call it a day.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Didn’t watch a second of the draft.

I love the chatter at the gym. 6 o’clock this morning two older women chatting “They got their draft pick last night. I bet they’re all practicing together right now. Why wouldn’t they be?”

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Breer said Giants wanted Maye or no one else and were hyper aggressive trying to get - once couldn’t let board oldy ouy

OConnell & Dabol both QB players/background as coaches

what Atlanta did was crazy

Reactions: KOZ37

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Legette gone. Adonai Mitchell's red flags might be too much. I think 34 for Aiyuk is a bit too obvious.
What are Mitchell's red flags? I thought he was a good fit for us?

At this point, I am going with Mitchell, or McConkey. Seems like we should be able to trade back if Coleman is our guy. Alternatively, I would not hate an IOL but it seems to high to take a Center and the IOLs available seem to project as Centers. Again, I'd be happy to snag a CB, as they seem to be first round talents that fell more due to circumstance then anything else.

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm not a Pats fan (don't have an NFL team period) but I loosely follow the NFL and watched the early part of the draft. I like this Drake Maye kid. Seems like a very personable and likeable young man. Hopefully it translates to on-field success. First impressions to this uneducated football eye are positive.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Very very happy we got our guy. He’s gonna be a supa star

Now let’s scoop Aiyuk and some linemen with the rest of the draft and call it a day.
Kind of where I’m at

They need a boundary on the line of scrimmage guy that forces a Free Safety to that side of Field

Aiyuk one of best

This is where I go

However if not a Lot of high End WR available

They need a T but there are a couple of legit in line high end blocking TE available you can line up next to LT

Aiyuk or draft WR

I love love love McConkey

He lined up 70% were out wide & 30% in slot

He’s on Buffalo would be nightmare

He’s not a true slot and definitely not an X so doubt Patriots grab him if there

Reactions: BradMarchandismydad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad