Confirmed with Link: May 28, 2015: Flyers sign Radel Fazleev to entry level contract

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Reinhart blows. His skating will prevent him from being anything more than a third pairing defender.

You know, like another top draft pick playing for the Flyers right now

Reactions: Curufinwe

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Reinhart blows. His skating will prevent him from being anything more than a third pairing defender.

You know, like another top draft pick playing for the Flyers right now

Way to toss some gas right back into the fire. DFF's about to enlighten you with some objectivity on this one.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Way to toss some gas right back into the fire. DFF's about to enlighten you with some objectivity on this one.

I just won't reply. He won't change my opinion of the player. It is what it is. I don't need to be a scout or expert media member to have an opinion on Reinhart. He's a bad skater. I've seen it. It's why the islanders weren't opposed to moving him. You don't trade top picks like that unless you have issues with their play or other special circumstances.

Most important aspects of any draft eligible player now are skating and hockey sense. You need to be at least good in both to become a pretty regular player in the NHL.

Frazleev has all them and will become the best Russian ever in the NHL!

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
I just won't reply. He won't change my opinion of the player. It is what it is. I don't need to be a scout or expert media member to have an opinion on Reinhart. He's a bad skater. I've seen it. It's why the islanders weren't opposed to moving him. You don't trade top picks like that unless you have issues with their play or other special circumstances.

Most important aspects of any draft eligible player now are skating and hockey sense. You need to be at least good in both to become a pretty regular player in the NHL.

Frazleev has all them and will become the best Russian ever in the NHL!

I think he'll be the second coming of Datsyuk, only better.

Radel "Datsyuk 2.0" Fazleev

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
F Pavel Kraskovsky (Russia)
D Adam Ollas Mattsson (Sweden)
F Axel Holmstrom (Sweden)
F Spencer Watson (Canada)

That's the only other selected players in the 6th & 7th rounds of the 2014 draft that are eligible for this tournament this year to make their camp rosters. Watson was already cut by Canada.

Thank you LOD.

So out of 60 people, we have 1 of the 4 invited to a camp. I am good with that.

It's all about expectations. I don't expect a 6th rounder to even make the NHL. The fact that after 2 years he has INCREASED his chances instead of decreasing them is all I could reasonably ask for.

STEAL of a 6th rounder!

Lol

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Nobody is forcing you to respond. Or to act innocent when being passive aggressive as well as regularly provoking the rest of the board with ludicrous posts. Since you don't believe that's the case though, or maybe you do I don't know, I'll just stick with the fact that nobody is forcing you to respond.

Just like no one is forcing the slew of people out there to respond to me when I make a harmless comment about me not being excited about someone's performance. It's funny that I am the bad guy that hijacks threads simply by expressing an opinion. If folks don't like what I have to say, that's fine. But if someone responds to one of my posts, I'm not going to just ignore it because then it will cause more people to respond. What's the point of posting on here if you aren't going to respond to other people's posts? Isn't that the point of this forum?

Not going to continue the discussion regarding what is or isn't a straw man. You've made plenty before. You've made several in this thread. Play it off as sarcasm if you'd like, but it does not make your argument any more valid.

:cry::cry::cry:

Whether or not Reinhart was expected to jump in as an 18 year old isn't the point (he wasn't). The point is that he was drafted as a relatively finished product, IE, he didn't have much more developing left to be an NHL contributor. That premise has been shot.

And you're blatantly making things up with Morin's expectations. Some people (including myself) hoped he'd make it this year or next, but that was never the expectation. His expectations have always been that he would take several years to develop, and even if he did make it early, it would take several years for him to reach his potential.

Again, I'm trying to show you why Reinhart's "panic button" has been pushed and not Morin's. Not to suggest that Morin is and always will be better than Reinhart. They were not drafted with the same expectations, and your incessant desire to compare them exhibits an inability to recognize that fact (though I think you ignoring that point actually implies that I may have gotten through to you, so progress maybe?).

I'm not so sure that folks really thought that Morin would take 4+ years to get to the NHL. My recollection was 3-4, as in if he isn't in the NHL at the start of his 4th year (i.e., next year) then it would be concerning. We knew he wouldn't make his first year. Second year would be unlikely but you never know. Third year was possible and shouldn't surprise anyone, but wasn't guaranteed, fourth year he really should be there. I get the panic button on Reinhart, and like I said during the Reinhart discussion, I wasn't even really defending the kid (though I certainly wouldn't mind him on this team), I just think it is another case of giving more slack to our guys and coming after other teams players a little harder.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Thank you LOD.

So out of 60 people, we have 1 of the 4 invited to a camp. I am good with that.

It's all about expectations. I don't expect a 6th rounder to even make the NHL. The fact that after 2 years he has INCREASED his chances instead of decreasing them is all I could reasonably ask for.

STEAL of a 6th rounder!

Lol

I'm not sure those figures are correct. The list I saw for team Russia alone had half the team being undrafted. I'm willing to bet that Belarus, Denmark, Slovakia, etc. are not filled with super high picks if the Russian team is half undrafted players.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
I'm not so sure that folks really thought that Morin would take 4+ years to get to the NHL. My recollection was 3-4, as in if he isn't in the NHL at the start of his 4th year (i.e., next year) then it would be concerning. We knew he wouldn't make his first year. Second year would be unlikely but you never know. Third year was possible and shouldn't surprise anyone, but wasn't guaranteed, fourth year he really should be there. I get the panic button on Reinhart, and like I said during the Reinhart discussion, I wasn't even really defending the kid (though I certainly wouldn't mind him on this team), I just think it is another case of giving more slack to our guys and coming after other teams players a little harder.

Just going off pure memory, but I believe the 4th year thing was something about the chances of him becoming a number 1 dman and how long it took other young top-pairing defensemen to reach the NHL full time, not necessarily just him becoming an NHL player.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If only we had traded for Griffin Reinhart we wouldn't be stuck playing a dime-a-dozen, bottom pair/seventh defenseman like Radko Gudas. :laugh:

I really can't think of any other poster whose opinion on the defensmen of other NHL teams is less worth listening to.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm not sure those figures are correct. The list I saw for team Russia alone had half the team being undrafted. I'm willing to bet that Belarus, Denmark, Slovakia, etc. are not filled with super high picks if the Russian team is half undrafted players.

I didn't include them because it's not always a lack of talent for reasons as to why a Russia player is undrafted.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
If only we had traded for Griffin Reinhart we wouldn't be stuck playing a dime-a-dozen, bottom pair/seventh defenseman like Radko Gudas. :laugh:

OMG STRAW MAN WHAAAAAAAAAAA :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: SO IGNORE LOL WHAAAAAA!

I really can't think of any other poster whose opinion on the defensemen of other NHL teams is less worth listening to.

Radko Gudas is a bottom pair, dime a dozen player. The guy was a healthy scratch earlier this year on a team with a rag-tag group of defenders. He's playing pretty well now, but there is a list as long as long as my arm of players that have had good stints here or there but at are still bottom pair defenders. He's not the worst player in the league. I'm not saying I hate him or he should be cut (or even a healthy scratch). But he is what he is. On this team he may be playing top 4 minutes, but that doesn't mean he is a top four defender.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I was looking around at some of our guy's stats and these stood out to me for a sixth round pick.

GP G A Pts
33 14 28 42

He's going to make the Russian WJC team and since being drafted has taken his game up a few notches.
This guy is a steal of a sixth round pick. He has size and skill and in a redraft probably wouldn't make it out of the 3rd.
WJC's are going to be a lot of fun for us this year!

So here we are on day 3 of the Fazleev discussion...and all because of the above post.

Funny how P27 said he was a steal of a 6th rd pick...and would be a 3rd rounder if re-draft was done. Yet someone has an issue with that statement because he used the word "steal".

Some people just like to argue I guess.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
You can't just ignore it though. If the question is how many players drafted 6th or later on WJC teams, you have to include everyone.

You make the list then if you're so damn concerned then. As I said there's circumstances that go beyond on the ice as to why some Russian players are undrafted & the other countries don't have depth so it's not exactly a ringing endorsement that they're there.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
You can't just ignore it though. If the question is how many players drafted 6th or later on WJC teams, you have to include everyone.

Apart from the ones LOD listed these are from 2015 draft:

Joni Tuulola
Lukas Jasek
Sergei Boikov
Adam Huska
Sami Niku

Doing a quick check.

Yes I'm bored.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
You make the list then if you're so damn concerned then. As I said there's circumstances that go beyond on the ice as to why some Russian players are undrafted & the other countries don't have depth so it's not exactly a ringing endorsement that they're there.

I'm not concerned. Someone else was asking and I just happened to notice that you left guys off the list.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

But it wasn't. I asked if there were any other 6th rounders in his draft year that got invited. See the bold below.

Crazy that a day is spent arguing because we have a 6th rounder playing well enough to increase his value to a 2nd/3rd rounder....and 1 person is upset by it.

I said it before, GM's don't sign everyone after being drafted. Guys are often NOT signed due to ;lack of progress in the draft+1/+2 seasons. So to say those years don't matter is complete BS. Is it the be all/end all? Of course not. It's merely a step to the next level. A level that most drafted where he was never gets to.

I wonder...what % of 6th rounders even make the NHL?

Also...I am to lazy to do the work...but does anyone else know is there were any 6th rounders drafted his year that DID make a WJC tryout camp besides him?

And then LOD supplied me with the list of DRAFTED players in the 6th and 7th rd.

F Pavel Kraskovsky (Russia)
D Adam Ollas Mattsson (Sweden)
F Axel Holmstrom (Sweden)
F Spencer Watson (Canada)

That's the only other selected players in the 6th & 7th rounds of the 2014 draft that are eligible for this tournament this year to make their camp rosters. Watson was already cut by Canada.

So yeah..that goes back to what I said when we have 1 of the 4 players invited that were DRAFTED in the 6th and 7th rounds.

I am happy about that. Could care less if you are not and think it's no big deal. But at least now if he gets cut you can come here and say how he wasn't better than a whole bunch of other players who were undrafted.

Why bother even monitoring prospects if what they do doesn't matter until 3-5 years later. Funny how GM's make decisions on guys a lot sooner and lots never get contracts. So short sighted they are.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Just going off pure memory, but I believe the 4th year thing was something about the chances of him becoming a number 1 dman and how long it took other young top-pairing defensemen to reach the NHL full time, not necessarily just him becoming an NHL player.

Duncan Keith was drafted in 2002 and didn't crack the Blackhawks roster until the 05-06 season. He wasn't a number 1 defensemen until a few years later.

Just one example of how being patient and slowly developing a prospect pays off.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Duncan Keith was drafted in 2002 and didn't crack the Blackhawks roster until the 05-06 season. He wasn't a number 1 defensemen until a few years later.

Just one example of how being patient and slowly developing a prospect pays off.
Keith also didn't get drafted the first time he was eligible.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
OMG STRAW MAN WHAAAAAAAAAAA :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: SO IGNORE LOL WHAAAAAA!

Radko Gudas is a bottom pair, dime a dozen player. The guy was a healthy scratch earlier this year on a team with a rag-tag group of defenders. He's playing pretty well now, but there is a list as long as long as my arm of players that have had good stints here or there but at are still bottom pair defenders. He's not the worst player in the league. I'm not saying I hate him or he should be cut (or even a healthy scratch). But he is what he is. On this team he may be playing top 4 minutes, but that doesn't mean he is a top four defender.

Has Gudas changed your mind yet?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad