Confirmed with Link: May 28, 2015: Flyers sign Radel Fazleev to entry level contract

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
That's pretty great for him, early for a 6th round pick to get signed. They must have really liked his season and have high hopes for him.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
He's a solid prospect. Very smart and relentless player with some skill. He's the kind of guy who you hope develops into a useful bottom six player that has decent offensive skills to go along with his energy.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Nice! It sounds like he really picked it up down the stretch and into the playoffs - I guess it impressed management enough to get him signed.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That's pretty great for him, early for a 6th round pick to get signed. They must have really liked his season and have high hopes for him.

He probably did enough this year to where they felt comfortable that at worst he'd be a depth player (which isn't always a bad thing with late picks).

Four picks down for this draft now (Sanheim, NAK, Fazleev, & Petrersson) with two more to go (Freidman & Lindblom). It looks like another draft class in the short amount of years where the Flyers sign the vast majority of their picks.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
More LW depth is good. He has heart. Trained at least awhile with Joel Otto. Absolute ceiling is probably 3rd line LW (10-20 points per season), but you never know. Good defender when he's there. Needs to work on quite a bit (size, skating, etc).

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
He probably did enough this year to where they felt comfortable that at worst he'd be a depth player (which isn't always a bad thing with late picks).

Four picks down for this draft now (Sanheim, NAK, Fazleev, & Petrersson) with two more to go (Freidman & Lindblom). It looks like another draft class in the short amount of years where the Flyers sign the vast majority of their picks.

And Friedman and Lindblom are tracking very well for contracts as well.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

And I would be shocked if those two don't get signed.

Pretty damn good draft if everyone in it ends up getting signed.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
LW !!! Niceeeeee

More LW depth is good. He has heart. Trained at least awhile with Joel Otto. Absolute ceiling is probably 3rd line LW (10-20 points per season), but you never know. Good defender when he's there. Needs to work on quite a bit (size, skating, etc).

I've seen him play a ton and he's always played center. So I'm not sure if he can even play LW. In any event, I like this kid. I could definitely see him as a 4th line center who can PK and chip in the odd goal as an NHLer. I'm rooting for him.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
And I would be shocked if those two don't get signed.

Pretty damn good draft if everyone in it ends up getting signed.

Yeah they should get signed sometime within the next couple of years.

The 2012 class is in line to have everybody potentially signed but one (Fredric Larsson). Laughton, Stolarz, Gostisbehere, & Leier already in the fold with Reece Willcox & Valeri Vasiliev left to be signed. Willcox we'll know by the end of next year as his rights will be expiring & Vasiliev will be done his current KHL contract so a decision could be made there potentially but if not we still hold his rights for a while after.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Didnt get to see him play at all... But didnt he turn it on a few games in the playoffs where he was flat out dominate? (Or he was the teams best player?)

In the end, for the 6th rounder to get signed is an accomplishment. If he plays any NHL games thats hugeee

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
good. saw him play some really good games this year for hitmen...talented guy...smart, fast...works hard...he had a couple of great games where he was best player on the ice.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I've seen him play a ton and he's always played center. So I'm not sure if he can even play LW. In any event, I like this kid. I could definitely see him as a 4th line center who can PK and chip in the odd goal as an NHLer. I'm rooting for him.
Yeah. He played center all year.

Thought they might have waited until next year to sign him but he's probably going to have a big year next year anyway. If his skating picks up a notch he could be a steal. If not he could still be a good 4th liner.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I really wish the Flyers would release the details of prospects & lesser players contracts. It would make things easier to follow in regards to the cap.

I don't know if it's the Flyers not giving them anything forcing the beats to go elsewhere for the info or if they're just too lazy to care enough to find out.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Will he stick to center in the NHL or be moved to wing? Honestly, I don't know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad