Confirmed with Link: May 28, 2015: Flyers sign Radel Fazleev to entry level contract

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
haha.
I hardly ever pay attention to grammar with people. As long as I get what they are saying I don't give a crap how the context of the post is delivered.
To me, bad grammar is a signal that they can't argue logically, because if they can't properly use, say, "you're" and "your" in their own native language, then there's probably even less of a chance they'll be able to piece together coherent thoughts in regards to other stuff. Obviously, there's no direct implication, but it just shows sloppiness or inability to break down a simple situation and assess it properly.

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ
He's not ready anyway. Definitely could use the next year in the Dub to be "the guy." (Period inside or outside the quotes?)

Period should be outside the quotes! What is this, amateur hour!?

That's how I usually do it and then someone said they go inside. I'm so confused now.

Wait... Maybe they do go inside...

This is hysterical!!!

SheasRebellion6

Jan 17, 2012
It goes on the inside unless followed by a citation.
Now let's forget about the Nazis and get back to the Soviet.

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ
I was looking around at some of our guy's stats and these stood out to me for a sixth round pick.

GP G A Pts
33 14 28 42

He's going to make the Russian WJC team and since being drafted has taken his game up a few notches.
This guy is a steal of a sixth round pick. He has size and skill and in a redraft probably wouldn't make it out of the 3rd.
WJC's are going to be a lot of fun for us this year!

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I was looking around at some of our guy's stats and these stood out to me for a sixth round pick.

GP G A Pts
33 14 28 42

He's going to make the Russian WJC team and since being drafted has taken his game up a few notches.
This guy is a steal of a sixth round pick. He has size and skill and in a redraft probably wouldn't make it out of the 3rd.
WJC's are going to be a lot of fun for us this year!

Having a great year for sure.

But fwiw, lots of Russian posters don't think he makes the WJC team. Too much depth.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I like the pick and the signing, but the point totals are what you would expect from a 19 year old two years after his draft year. There are plenty of guys that put up prolific numbers that don't even get drafted, let alone make the NHL. Not saying he won't make it or anything like that, but look at the WHL leaders from last year. Numbers 2-5 are all guys that were either undrafted or drafted 5th or later, but were the same age as Fazleev. Even this year the leading scorer is Tyson Baillie, the same age as Fazleev but undrafted or Dryden Hunt in 3rd is undrafted and the same age as Fazleev. I don't have time to go through all of it, but it appears that most of the higher scoring players in juniors are either studs about to be drafted, or guys in their second year after being drafted.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
The point totals aren't why Fazleev looks like has an NHL future, but rather the way he plays the game. If you watch him, he's not playing like a junior player, he's playing like an NHL player. He sees the game differently from Tyson Baille and Dyden Hunt. He plays a two way game built for a bottom six role in the NHL. The point totals are just assurance that he wont be a black hole offensively if he ever makes the big team

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ
Having a great year for sure.

But fwiw, lots of Russian posters don't think he makes the WJC team. Too much depth.

I noticed that most of the year most Russian posters had him not making it but recently I noticed they have him penciled back in. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I like the pick and the signing, but the point totals are what you would expect from a 19 year old two years after his draft year. There are plenty of guys that put up prolific numbers that don't even get drafted, let alone make the NHL. Not saying he won't make it or anything like that, but look at the WHL leaders from last year. Numbers 2-5 are all guys that were either undrafted or drafted 5th or later, but were the same age as Fazleev. Even this year the leading scorer is Tyson Baillie, the same age as Fazleev but undrafted or Dryden Hunt in 3rd is undrafted and the same age as Fazleev. I don't have time to go through all of it, but it appears that most of the higher scoring players in juniors are either studs about to be drafted, or guys in their second year after being drafted.

But most of the forwards taken in ~5-7th round have already shown by now they have no NHL future, or far less a chance of one than Fazleev. It was a pretty great pick relative to where he was taken... he is really not following the normal trajectory for a 6th rounder, he is really well above expectations.

Other 2014 draft 6th round forwards this season:

#151: Christopher Brown: 15gp, 2g, 5a, 7p (NCAA)
#152: Joey Dudek: 15gp, 0g, 1a, 1p (NCAA)
#153: Tyler Vesel: 16gp, 1g, 6a, 7p (NCAA)
#155: Kyle Schempp: 20gp, 5g, 8a, 13p (NCAA)
#156: Kyle Pettit: 30gp, 4g, 6a, 10p (CHL)
#157: Jake Marchment: 23gp, 11g, 9a, 20p (CHL)
#158: Nolan Vesey: 16gp, 2g, 1a, 3p (NCAA)
#159: Steven Spinner: 14gp, 2g, 3a, 5p (NCAA)
#161: Brandon Baddock: 33gp, 12g, 3a, 15p (CHL)
#164: Pavel Kraskovsky: 32gp, 1g, 2a, 3p (KHL)
#166: Julius Vahatalo: 25gp, 5g, 3a, 8p (Liiga)
#167: Chase Lang: 35gp, 9g, 18a, 27p (CHL)
#169: Reid Duke: 30gp, 16g, 9a, 25p (CHL)
#170: Cristiano DiGiacinto: 24gp, 11g, 14a, 25p (CHL)
#171: Kevin Labanc: 27gp, 14g, 31a, 45p (CHL)
#172: C.J. Yakimowicz: 25gp, 3g, 3a, 6p (CHL)
#173: Jaden Lindo: 30gp, 10g, 6a, 16p (CHL)
#176: Samuel Blais: 28gp, 17g, 21a, 38p (CHL)
#180: Matthew Mistele: 22gp, 11g, 10a, 21p (CHL)

I mean... 20 forwards taken in that 6th round... relative to the league they play in only Kevin Labanc is producing more... and he is a small guy with middling skating. And Fazleev is probably the best defensively of anyone in that round as well, and the most rounded player.

I would not trade Fazleev straight up for any forward taken in that 6th round. He is almost certainly the player from that round with the best chance of becoming an NHLer.

Heck... include the 2014 7th and Axel Holmstrom is the only forwards that make sense to clearly take over Fazleev, hell, go further and include the 5th round...

Lindblom
Holmstrom
Chartier

are the only forwards taken from 5th-7th round that I trade Fazleev straight up for at this venture (there are ~5 other guys I think though) and we also own Lindblom's rights! :laugh:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Let's put it this way - if he doesn't score in juniors, he's unlikely to score at higher levels, there are exceptions, but they're really rare.
If he does score at a high level and shows improvement, given his body, there's at least the possibility that he might be a decent NHL player down the road - and last time I checked, they were called "prospects."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad