Confirmed with Link: May 28, 2015: Flyers sign Radel Fazleev to entry level contract

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
It will be nice for th phantoms to finally have some competition for spots rather than signing guys like Stortini to fill out the line up.
I guess he could replace Straka as the career tweener.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It will be nice for th phantoms to finally have some competition for spots rather than signing guys like Stortini to fill out the line up.
I guess he could replace Straka as the career tweener.

Unless the league changes you're still going to see guys like Stortini get signed. It doesn't matter if you have the best roster or the worst in the league. The AHL is a lot like the NHL back in the 90's. A lot of goonery & shenanigans that takes place.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Unless the league changes you're still going to see guys like Stortini get signed. It doesn't matter if you have the best roster or the worst in the league. The AHL is a lot like the NHL back in the 90's. A lot of goonery & shenanigans that takes place.

If those types of players were phased out, would the league still be like that? It's not like the rules are any different than the NHL.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
If those types of players were phased out, would the league still be like that? It's not like the rules are any different than the NHL.

They won't phase them out because a lot of these guys aren't bad players for the league standards. Also a lot of these teams aren't exactly in hockey hotbeds &/or big populated areas so they need the fighting & sideshows to draw interest to casual fans.

The rules might be the same but the league doesn't rule with an iron fist & the refs aren't exactly always top of things either so things go unchecked out there more so than the NHL.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
But the skill levels are that much different.

Yeah outside of the young prospects the AHL isn't getting the top non-NHL veteran players. They're going over to Europe to make more money.

The goons aren't going over there because those leagues don't play their type of hockey so the AHL is best they can do (although Brashear did play for Modo this year since he's good buddies with Peter Forsberg).

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
I think Fazleev has a really good chance of becoming a regular NHL player. Seems to be progressing very nicely.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Will he stick to center in the NHL or be moved to wing? Honestly, I don't know.
He's a guy they will keep at center for as long as possible IMO. He doesn't have tremendous speed or skill so moving him to wing right away diminishes his value. It's not like there's a ton of depth at the position outside of the NHL roster anyway.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
He's not ready anyway. Definitely could use the next year in the Dub to be "the guy." (Period inside or outside the quotes?)

I'm not saying to throw him into the #1C spot in LeHigh Valley, but he could probably be used in a lesser role. He does need more seasoning, regardless.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm not saying to throw him into the #1C spot in LeHigh Valley, but he could probably be used in a lesser role. He does need more seasoning, regardless.

He's likely going to be playing a big role in all situations with Calgary next year, that's far better than playing a limited role in the minors.

They wouldn't need him next year in LHV. He's not that type of prospect that could really help at that early of an age. You can find other guys to do that job that you have nothing invested in.

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He played a lesser role this year. He needs to play big minutes and that would not happen in LHV. He's not good enough. He'll get the minutes this year in Calgary.

It would be like Morin playing for the Flyers this year. Could have played a lesser role, but that is not best for his development.

bbcelite

Oct 11, 2009
Bavaria
Wondering about the time of the signing. Maybe to get him feel comfortable, gain confidence and play a big role next seaon in calgary. Like it tough

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad