Injury Report: May 2021: Giroux (broken foot), Hayes (core-muscle surgery), Braun (foot) + Foerster (collarbone)

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Oh I'm well versed with Jim McHacksaw. I'm thinking more the strength and condition side of things creating an imbalance making the players more susceptible to these injuries.

This is a weird season where almost everyone has probably not conditioned themselves as they're used to, or as they'd prefer.

I've been interested in seeing if there's a spike in injuries in general this season. I know someone is tracking it, but I'm not so interested that I've sought it out.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
Isn't hip labrum repair the same thing G and Ghost had that took them more than a whole year to recover from?

If so, does this mean Laczynski might be back by camp, but won't be at full speed until the year after?
Actually, doesn't the hip issue commonly follow the core muscle surgery? I feel like G had the hip issue after he had core muscle surgey, but then again I am starting to go senile....

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Jokes aside, thats really shitty. Miserable season about to end and now he has to deal with that.

Dude... it's f***ing hilarious for us fans.

Don't be so attached to these guys. They're all bots.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
If he retires, Chuck is going to pee his pants. Pee. His. Pants.

Out of excitement?
I think more he'll shit his pants. Scared to death. First a season without Flyers' savior, Matthew Niskanen, but then no Braun?

Losing your #1 RHD in b2b seasons to early retirement? He'll blow his wad, dude. And quickly.... waaay too quickly.

Part of the punch is calling Braun 1RD, in case you numbskulls need extra clarification.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

tumblr_inline_oudux56MUt1sh05ge_500.gif

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Either has to be part of an Eichel deal or one more real shot to make a difference. His pace of play scares me.

I don't know if there was a follow up question but we are all sympathetic to a player's health. Did that tendency continue, did it fluctuate, is he completely over it? From a hockey perspective, that is important. From a human/humane perspective, the former is secondary but still needs to be addressed.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Patrick and Lindblom will be very motivated this summer, on the one hand they were happy to be back on the ice, on the other hand, they had to be frustrated knowing they weren't playing up to their talent.

Flyers would be nuts to give up on Patrick, he'll sign a cheap "show me" RFA bridge and at worst be a solid bottom six forward. No risk for the Flyers but a huge upside.

Reactions: IronMarshal

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5