Injury Report: May 2021: Giroux (broken foot), Hayes (core-muscle surgery), Braun (foot) + Foerster (collarbone)

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Hagger was on a roll.

Only on the ice for 1 goal against while 5 vs 5 in his last 9 games
Only on the ice for 2 goals against at all strengths in his last 9 games

Say what you want, but coaches like it when Dmen are not allowing goals against...especially your 3rd pairing. Most would rather have non event players than one trading chances.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hagger was on a roll.

Only on the ice for 1 goal against while 5 vs 5 in his last 9 games
Only on the ice for 2 goals against at all strengths in his last 9 games

Say what you want, but coaches like it when Dmen are not allowing goals against...especially your 3rd pairing. Most would rather have non event players than one trading chances.

Yep, if you're not gong to score, don't get scored against and buy time for the offensive players to play another shift.

This is why the play of the 4th line is encouraging the last couple games, they'll be targeted on the road, so you don't want them to be doormats for the opponents top two lines, as long as they hit and control the puck against better players, they don't have to score (it's a nice bonus, like a SH goal).

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

A live look-in to Alain Vigneault's office:

iu

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Pretty sure McCrossin was around during the Lindros days. I haven’t trusted him since then.
McCrossin was the first member of the training staff that Eric Lindros mentioned and thanked at his (Lindros) Flyers' Hall of Fame ceremony. I am not sure of any animosity between them. The person who could have been the source of conflict at one point was John Worley -- not mentioned in that speech -- who is (or was) with the Minnesota Wild.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
He may seem fine now but sadly concussion symptoms can be delayed, symptoms can present in the first 48 hours
Yes. I included that possibility with the attached media sources. In all likelihood, Penguins medical staff attended to Patrick and they will not comment on status. Flyers in-house rules generally prevent assistant coaches or even players from making remarks to the press. The update given tonight was by the head coach as the designated spokesman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad