Maxim Kitsyn to Mississauga

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I've read that translation. It seems that you didn't read it, but only browsed. Read well what he says:

First it's hyperbole according to his own words, second, he says "emigrate", not "go to CHL or you're not going to play hockey again. For example, Kopitar didn't play in the CHL, but in Sweden. This is imho an option as good, if not better, than going to the CHL.

For Czechs, it's easier/better to head to CHL, where they'll learn English better. They might have language difficulties elsewhere in Europe. Swedes have enough talent of their own in their junior leagues these days, Czechs might have hard time finding a place there now.

UkraineTrain

Jul 9, 2010
Ukraine
Since you like interviews, I'll give you one myself: http://www.sports.ru/hockey/72394015.html

"Игорь Куперман: Â«С 1991 года только 12 из 226 игроков из бывшего СССР сумели сделать карьеру в НХЛ, пройдя юниорские лиги Канады»"
Igor Kuperman: From 1991 only 12 players out of 226 from the former Soviet Union got a career in the NHL from the CHL.

Doesn't this number speak loud??

And how many players got a pro career from the Russian Junior leagues?:sarcasm: I guess smth like 150 out of 10000

And how many canadiens got a career in the NHL from the CHL?
I guess around 300 out of 10000?

You know it's only 600 spots in the NHL

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
And how many players got a pro career from the Russian Junior leagues?:sarcasm: I guess smth like 150 out of 10000
The difference is of course that those Russians who went to the CHL are among the best of their age group in Russia.

The track record of Russian success in the CHL is horrible. I'm sad that the players and the agents don't understand this.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
The difference is of course that those Russians who went to the CHL are among the best of their age group in Russia.

The track record of Russian success in the CHL is horrible. I'm sad that the players and the agents don't understand this.

I'm sure many agents understand this, but unfortunately they are agents and thus players aren't persons for them, but living checks.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Well it is a lot lower competition than in the KHL. In the KHL Kitsyn played against men. Of course it is easy for him to score against kids.
Thanks captain obvious. :o

You do agree it's a good thing he is atleast scoring goals or are you going to be negative about everything ?

Unbelievable...

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Thanks captain obvious. :o

You do agree it's a good thing he is atleast scoring goals or are you going to be negative about everything ?

Unbelievable...

Not scoring (as many) goals and playing against better competition is better than scoring more goals and playing against worse competition.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Not scoring (as many) goals and playing against better competition is better than scoring more goals and playing against worse competition.
Not scoring goals and playing against worse competition is more worse than not scoring goals and playing agains better competition.

That's his point....so take your "Kitsyn is doomed to fail and should have stayed in Russia" glasses off for a moment.

TatarBashqort

Jul 14, 2010
Ufa
guys calm down

it's been said that he's released by Metallurg until next season

it's better for him to play competetive hockey than just training with the team which is out of Gagarin's play-offs (imho please don't try to bash me for this)

if i do understand Weisfield(Metallurg GM) words, he obviously meant that this move is something like a loan, Maxim is hot after WJC it would be better for him to prolong his season still next year he's starting season with Metallurg

also i think Maxim understands that it's better for him to stay in K and have a nice ice-time versus teams top euro teams instead of playing in juniors

calm down he'll be okay and i hope to watch him in K play-offs next season with Metallurg

P:S: off-top

Kuznetsov played in today's Traktor match-up vs Neftekhimik, great match (6-5 Traktor won) he ended with 2p(0+2) and 13:06min of ice time

got my high hopes for Traktor reach the play-offs just because i badly want to see Kuznetsov there

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Not scoring goals and playing against worse competition is more worse than not scoring goals and playing agains better competition.

That's his point....so take your "Kitsyn is doomed to fail and should have stayed in Russia" glasses off for a moment.

So you are saying that KHL is worse competition than Canadian juniors?

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Kitsyn won't be back in the CHL next season. If he doesn't get a contract offer from the Kings then he will be back in the KHL. If he does he will probably start in the AHL.

TatarBashqort

Jul 14, 2010
Ufa
Kitsyn won't be back in the CHL next season. If he doesn't get a contract offer from the Kings then he will be back in the KHL. If he does he will probably start in the AHL.

how is it possible?, he's still on the contract with Metallurg (1.5y)

P:S: and also what's the point in playing chase and run hockey in AHL? instead of playing versus teams like Kazan, Ufa, Magnitka and etc?

imho better to develope in greater competition and when the time is right come in LA

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
There is still 3 months of KHL regular season left. I don't see the point of playing in Canadian juniors instead of KHL regular season.

It probably has to do with the amount of ice time. I haven't checked out his exact situation, but most junior players in the KHL play minimal minutes on the fourth line, if that. With Missy, he's going to no doubt see a lot more action, which can only help him, including guaranteed participation in the Memorial Cup and the OHL playoffs.

This may be a good reason to check out my first Majors game this season. I've only seen two games since going to nearly all of them for three years.

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC
There is still 3 months of KHL regular season left. I don't see the point of playing in Canadian juniors instead of KHL regular season.

No there isn't. KHL regular season ends 20th of February and playoffs begin on 23rd. OHL season ends a full month later and then he will play playoff hockey as well as in the Memorial Cup. Plus he'll be playing a lot more than the 10 minutes the guy has averaged in Russia.

TatarBashqort

Jul 14, 2010
Ufa
No there isn't. KHL regular season ends 20th of February and playoffs begin on 23rd. OHL season ends a full month later and then he will play playoff hockey as well as in the Memorial Cup. Plus he'll be playing a lot more than the 10 minutes the guy has averaged in Russia.

totaly agree

play-offs+ice time+he's hot after WJC i'm sure he wants play-off action he's better be in OHL until the summer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad