Maxim Kitsyn to Mississauga

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
So how many NHL or national team points have they scored?

Maybe the dumbest post I've ever seen, they're not even eligible for the NHL until the 2012 draft. Despite what you and Alessandro believe the CHL is incredible at developing hockey players and produces NHL players like no other. This is a good choice for Kitsyn especially if he has NHL aspirations.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I'd rather have him training HARD like Orlov did in the same team in the latest 2 years. Orlov now plays 1st line there. Where is Kitsyn? I'm not saying he doesn't train hard, I just say that KHL > CHL in terms of development.

I think you misinterpreted what I was saying. I wasn't talking about him sitting on his butt due to ice time but rather at home because his season has ended. He should go to the CHL simply to prolong his season. If this was anytime in the first half of the year I would say no stay but his season is over soon.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
he will go back to russia next year

prolly play a larger role with Metallurg

then AHL/NHL the year after

go majors!

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
So how many NHL or national team points have they scored?

I appreciate your passion for Russian Hockey and the KHL, but that is not a fair statement. Im not sure how its even relevant to the conversation?

If the player wants to do it, who are we to criticize? If he fails, he will be the one failing not you.

I say let any player do whatever he wants to do with his career, its his, and he only gets one.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
next year per Metallurgs president Weisfeld - he's coming back to Russia...it's only to prolong a season for him at this point.

I guess the LA Kings can still sign him after the season and have him play in the NHL/AHL, can't they?

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Maybe the dumbest post I've ever seen, they're not even eligible for the NHL until the 2012 draft. Despite what you and Alessandro believe the CHL is incredible at developing hockey players and produces NHL players like no other. This is a good choice for Kitsyn especially if he has NHL aspirations.

Lol you either can't read or read my post with a malicious purpose. No one of us said that KHL produces NHL players "like no other". We just said that for Russian players (but we could pretty much extend this to all Euro players) the KHL > NHL route works better.
I don't get why in America going from Pro to juniors is a step backward, but if a Russian does that it's a step forward

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
I appreciate your passion for Russian Hockey and the KHL, but that is not a fair statement. Im not sure how its even relevant to the conversation?

If the player wants to do it, who are we to criticize? If he fails, he will be the one failing not you.

I say let any player do whatever he wants to do with his career, its his, and he only gets one.

So what's the point of internet forums?

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
So what's the point of internet forums?

I come on here to discuss hockey with other people who love the sport.

I do so with respect for the people that post on here, as well as the players themselves.

My questions stands, if Kitsyn and his advisor feel that 3-4 months in the OHL is best for him, who are we to question him?

Its his career not ours, and if he fails, he will be the one that feels that failure the most, not us.

Ill watch his play in Mississauga and judge his play then. Assuming he will fail due to history of other players failing is not fair to Kitsyn, he is his own person, with his own individual drive/motivation.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
He just scored

Pretty nice goal

Side of the net

He has shown alot of good things thus far

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
You guys are right, coming over to NA has been awful for both Galchenyuk and Yakupov, too.

Coming over? Galchenyuk is an american kid. Can and I believe most likely will play for USA.

Also, Yakupov isn't an NHL player(yes I know he is too young to even be drafted) but Peter 25 just has concerncs about development of russian players in CHL. Maybe it will be Yakupov who will prove him wrong but he isn't in NHL yet.

And aside from him, only Radulov and to some point Kulikov benefitted form CHL. Other russians, not so much.

Last edited:

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
Coming over? Galchenyuk is an american kid. Can and I believe most likely will play for USA.

Also, Yakupov isn't an NHL player(yes I know he is too young to even be drafted) but Peter 25 just has concerncs about development of russian players in CHL. Maybe it will be Yakupov who will prove him wrong but he isn't in NHL yet.

And aside from him, only Radulov and to some point Kulikov benefitted form CHL. Other russians, not so much.

Galchenyuk was indeed born in the US but was raised and played hockey in Russia, moving to Chicago for the 2009-2010 season to attract OHL scouts. Read this article.

And yes I'm aware that Yakupov isn't even drafted yet, which is why it is so impressive to see what he's doing. I'm not sure how one can argue that the CHL hasn't been good for his development, thus far.

As for the Russians shouldn't come to the CHL because it hasn't worked for others theory, I'm not gonna touch that one. It's quite a stretch.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Lol you either can't read or read my post with a malicious purpose. No one of us said that KHL produces NHL players "like no other". We just said that for Russian players (but we could pretty much extend this to all Euro players) the KHL > NHL route works better.
I don't get why in America going from Pro to juniors is a step backward, but if a Russian does that it's a step forward

You have to look at each player individually. What is their situation in Russia, are they going to get playing time and on what level, is their playing style more suitable for another league (e.g. in a player is a physical type, good forechecker)? KHL is not suitable for all types of players, a player that might have the qualities I mentioned, might fare better in North America.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009

Thoughts on Alexander Burmistrov?

As I stated above. I dont think its fair to suggest that a player of a certain nationality will fail at something simply because others have. Every player is an individual, and should be treated as such for development purposes, in my opinion.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

Loktionov?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I'd rather have him training HARD like Orlov did in the same team in the latest 2 years. Orlov now plays 1st line there. Where is Kitsyn? I'm not saying he doesn't train hard, I just say that KHL > CHL in terms of development.

High probability that Kitsyn will be in Manchester of the AHL next season skating with Loktionov. The Kings don't hold the Russian kids back in the CHL if they are ready to turn pro. Voynov skipped junior A altogether and played in the AHL at 18 years of age.

The Kings also seem to do their homework when drafting kids from Russia. Every Russian the Kings have drafted has been willing to play in North America right away.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
Loktionov?

He actually really improved in his year in Windsor. Much more of an impact then I think anyone, including the Windsor management team felt he would.

Hes taken that success and is playing fairly well in the AHL. Good for the player.

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
Just one game and he's already the first of his team in PPG ! :amazed: .....

And the question of KHL or CHL is better for russian player I think it depend on each player .... We cannot say : This is bad or good for russian ... It's different !! That's it ...

If Radulov didn't cross over maybe he (serait) pretty normal ...

Versus

Maybe if Vladimir Ospurchin (fictif name) was cross over (serait) a superstar ...

Thats my point ( Im so poor in english sorry !! I have some difficulties to express my point in english )

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad