Maxim Kitsyn to Mississauga

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
Just one game and he's already the first of his team in PPG ! :amazed: .....

And the question of KHL or CHL is better for russian player I think it depend on each player .... We cannot say : This is bad or good for russian ... It's different !! That's it ...

If Radulov didn't cross over maybe he (serait) pretty normal ...

Versus

Maybe if Vladimir Ospurchin (fictif name) was cross over (serait) a superstar ...

Thats my point ( Im so poor in english sorry !! I have some difficulties to express my point in english )

You made your point well, and I agree 100%. You cant stereotype a player due to his background or country of birth. Each player develops differently.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Loktionov?

Loktionov or Burmistrov has done nothing in the NHL. Peter25 is right about this, no one outside of Kulikov and Radulov amogst Russians have made an impact in the NHL after joinin the CHL. Its better for them to stay until they are ready which differs amongst players but is generally a little later.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Burmi is pretty good. If you're judging him based on his stats then yeah, they aren't amazing but it's not like he gets a tonne of ice-time. He's been really good for them defensively and you can see creativity. People were comparing him to Datsyuk earlier for his two-way play.

Happy to get Kitsyn in Mississauga and hoping for one or two more, hopefully a mobile dman.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Loktionov or Burmistrov has done nothing in the NHL. Peter25 is right about this, no one outside of Kulikov and Radulov amogst Russians have made an impact in the NHL after joinin the CHL. Its better for them to stay until they are ready which differs amongst players but is generally a little later.

Loktionov was good for us he just didnt get points. Wouldve been full time this year imo if he had not seperated his shoulder November 09 in his only NHL game that season

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
True, perhaps we are missing another name.

I think some people miss the point, of course there have been plenty of Russians who developed nicely in the CHL, but the ultimate goal is the NHL. Is this so hard to understand ? Considering the fact not many did succeed there, while taking the CHL route, you can aks yourself if the CHL is the best place for Russian players.

Yet, I also agree you cant stereotype this for every player.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Loktionov was good for us he just didnt get points. Wouldve been full time this year imo if he had not seperated his shoulder November 09 in his only NHL game that season

Loktionov isn't an NHLer.

Burmistrov isn't an impact player.

They are young and maybe they will help to destroy this stereotype. But if you deny 20 years of history with russian players in CHL is it really a smart thing to do?

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Loktionov isn't an NHLer.

Burmistrov isn't an impact player.

They are young and maybe they will help to destroy this stereotype. But if you deny 20 years of history with russian players in CHL is it really a smart thing to do?

we have a dilemma here: on one side - Russian/European hockey tends to at least look dull with large rinks, slower speeds, eternity between attacks. Specifically Russian players (dunno about the rest of Europe) have a really hard time making the KHL club and even when they do they get to play 2-3 may be 8 tops shifts a game - is that good for a players development (besides the part where he gets to train with adult players). The MHL is kinda a mystery to me, I had seen only a handful of games and the rumblings about changed DOBs and paid off roster spots.

Now the NA - Russians and most likely the rest of European guys have to almost learn to play hockey a new - so their skills that made them notable in the first place degrade and they don't always acquire the NA skills to be an NHL player, so in the end we get a hybrid who's lost his European "traits" and hasn't quite grasped the NA way of hockey which is a direct path to the AHL and further ruining your career.

The way I look at things - if you are good enough to make it to the KHL and get a regular shift there - say in Russia untill you are a complete player. If you overgrown the MHL but have no spot in Russian hockey - go try your luck in the CHL. If you are good but no financial means (whatever that means here) to make the MHL team - try going to the CHL. If you are not good enough to make the MHL even - well I dunno, low-level Canadian juniors is your way out.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
For North American it is.

And most of the good Czechs and Slovaks the last few years. How can it be so good for so many North Americans and some Europeans but so terrible for Russians? Maybe it's not, maybe it's the wrong Russians that have been coming over and it's the players' fault and not the league's?

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Malkin, Ovechkin, Datsyuk and many others say hi.

Czech and Slovaks going in mass to the CHL has been the ruin of their national program.

I'm amazed you're a member of this site's staff you're so irrational with your arguments. Pick Six said the CHL is the best league to get to the NHL not the only league, what Malkin and Ovechkin have to do with that I have no idea. Czechs and Slovaks going to the CHL has helped their program way more than it's hurt them, pretty much all the good, young Czechs and Slovaks have come through the CHL. It's the kids that stay in those countries because they're not good enough for the CHL that aren't developing and are the downfall of their programs.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008

Czech and Slovaks going in mass to the CHL has been the ruin of their national program.

This is the biggest problem with this "debate", you use 2 superstars that stayed in the KHL as an example. But they were players that were known to be great talents, most of the Russians "coming over" are the "lesser talents" so of course they are gonna have a lesser success rate. Now if you used numerous 5th/6th rounders some from the CHL and some from the KHL as examples it would be better.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

No it hasn't which would have been obvious to you had you paid attention to the thread at the WJC board about the decline of talent in Czech Rep. and Slovakia during the tournament. There are reasons why the players are leaving to CHL, and NHL scouts from the said countries acknowledge those reasons and even encourage the players to leave, if they want to develop better.

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga

As it's been said many times in this thread already, for the best of the best, of course it is better to play against men in the KHL at a young age. But for everyone else that isn't ready for regular minutes against men (such as Kitsyn and other young prospects), the CHL is the best option.

Alessandro Seren Rosso said:

What does the national program have to do with anything?

Players go to the CHL to better their development, and in some cases to try to make the NHL.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
I've read that translation. It seems that you didn't read it, but only browsed. Read well what he says:

What would you recommend to small boys, who want to play hockey and get to the NHL?
I´m saying this with a little bit of a hyperbole, but it seems to me that I can´t tell them anything else than emigrate.

First it's hyperbole according to his own words, second, he says "emigrate", not "go to CHL or you're not going to play hockey again. For example, Kopitar didn't play in the CHL, but in Sweden. This is imho an option as good, if not better, than going to the CHL.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
It's the countries that are neglecting their players in the CHL that are ruining their National Program, not the players deciding to go to the CHL.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
As it's been said many times in this thread already, for the best of the best, of course it is better to play against men in the KHL at a young age. But for everyone else that isn't ready for regular minutes against men (such as Kitsyn and other young prospects), the CHL is the best option.

Since you like interviews, I'll give you one myself: http://www.sports.ru/hockey/72394015.html

"Игорь Куперман: Â«С 1991 года только 12 из 226 игроков из бывшего СССР сумели сделать карьеру в НХЛ, пройдя юниорские лиги Канады»"
Igor Kuperman: From 1991 only 12 players out of 226 from the former Soviet Union got a career in the NHL from the CHL.

Doesn't this number speak loud??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad