Rumor: Max Pacioretty to LA Kings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
What do you figure the Habs would have to add to signed Pacioretty, if anything, should they be vying for Vilardi and a 1st?

from all reports it seems like Vilardi is an untouchable for LA. I don't know much about him so I don't know how blue chip he is but I am guessing the habs would have to probably add either Phoeling, or a combo of picks that could include 2nd's, 3rds, or next years first or maybe a guy on the roster like Lek/Hudon. So 1 of those pieces already added to Max. If its next years 1st walk away.

This is just based on how high everyone seems to be on Vilardi so I think he will be tough to move. What we need is LA to want to shed cap so they ship us Brown but the habs will ask for Vialrdi instead of JAD to do it.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
from all reports it seems like Vilardi is an untouchable for LA. I don't know much about him so I don't know how blue chip he is but I am guessing the habs would have to probably add either Phoeling, or a combo of picks that could include 2nd's, 3rds, or next years first or maybe a guy on the roster like Lek/Hudon. So 1 of those pieces already added to Max. If its next years 1st walk away.

This is just based on how high everyone seems to be on Vilardi so I think he will be tough to move. What we need is LA to want to shed cap so they ship us Brown but the habs will ask for Vialrdi instead of JAD to do it.

So we'd have to add quite a bit even if Pacioretty agrees to sign a 7 year deal with them? Poehling wouldn't be a good idea for the reasons we all know.

However, Hudon, picks could work but would that be enough for them? I wouldn't think so. Definitely not next year's first.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
So we'd have to add quite a bit even if Pacioretty agrees to sign a 7 year deal with them? Poehling wouldn't be a good idea for the reasons we all know.

However, Hudon, picks could work but would that be enough for them? I wouldn't think so. Definitely not next year's first.

Overall I think Vilardi is a pipe dream from the way he is talked about. JAD/Claque are probably more realistic.

There is also a point where it becomes to expensive. Vilardi is highly hyped but for now its hype. I still think 1st+JAD+Muzzin isn't bad. Muzzin helps at LD and is only signed for 2 more years so its not a huge commitment if this team continues to tank. JAD has potential and could be that forward we are looking for. The 20th gives the team another pick in this draft and can either be traded for another player (like ROR or breadman) or maybe use some 2nds and move up into the teens. If we use the pick that gives the habs 2 1st rounders and 4 2nd rounders which would be a strong quantity draft to move the rebuild along.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Overall I think Vilardi is a pipe dream from the way he is talked about. JAD/Claque are probably more realistic.

There is also a point where it becomes to expensive. Vilardi is highly hyped but for now its hype. I still think 1st+JAD+Muzzin isn't bad. Muzzin helps at LD and is only signed for 2 more years so its not a huge commitment if this team continues to tank. JAD has potential and could be that forward we are looking for. The 20th gives the team another pick in this draft and can either be traded for another player (like ROR or breadman) or maybe use some 2nds and move up into the teens. If we use the pick that gives the habs 2 1st rounders and 4 2nd rounders which would be a strong quantity draft to move the rebuild along.

I agree, we're not likely to land Vilardi -- don't think MB would be willing to add too much and probably LAK are too attached to the player to move him.

The Kings's first rounder has to be in play, however, I'd much prefer it to be in 2019. JAD projects as a 2nd round C, but hey -- we don't exactly have enough Cs as it is, he'd add nicely to our organizational depth. Muzzin would complement Weber, however -- is this what we want if we're rebuilding? Do we want to structure the team around Weber?

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I agree, we're not likely to land Vilardi -- don't think MB would be willing to add too much and probably LAK are too attached to the player to move him.

The Kings's first rounder has to be in play, however, I'd much prefer it to be in 2019. JAD projects as a 2nd round C, but hey -- we don't exactly have enough Cs as it is, he'd add nicely to our organizational depth. Muzzin would complement Weber, however -- is this what we want if we're rebuilding? Do we want to structure the team around Weber?
There isn't one player on this team right now that I would build around, especially not Weber or Price. Blow the f***ing team up!

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

I don’t think we’re rebuilding. The report was that ownership told management to stock up picks and prospects, and that missing the playoffs was okay as long as we improved from this past season. Kind of a contradiction, but whatever. I’d say we’re more retooling, which is why I can see Muzzin.

LA’s 1st has to be in play, though. Either this one or next years.

Reactions: Runner77

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

I think for now we don't have a choice. We have to see how he comes back from injury but to me he is still a number one D. Last time he played he was top 15 to top 10. Petry isn't a 1D.

It really depends on the direction the team is going. Is it rebuild or playoffs? If its rebuild than keep the pick, maybe even move a Byron or Petry for another 1st or 2nd pick. KEEP NEXT YEARS 1st!!!! Do not pull an Ottawa!!!!

If its playoffs then the 1st (LA's not ours) needs to be moved and the team needs to get ROR or Breadman. If one of those are landed then Brassard as rumored could fit in on the team(and only 1 year contract). The 4 2nds and LA's 1st would be big pieces in those moves.

But watch after this thread gets to 30 or 40 pages Max doesn't get moved to LA and all this speculation was for nothing. Probably winds up in Calgary or some other team no one is talking about.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There isn't one player on this team right now that I would build around, especially not Weber or Price. Blow the ****ing team up!

Agreed but MB is going to fight tooth and nail to hold on to these players probably on the promise of a quick rebuild, whatever that means.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
But watch after this thread gets to 30 or 40 pages Max doesn't get moved to LA and all this speculation was for nothing. Probably winds up in Calgary or some other team no one is talking about.

Wouldn't be the first time. I'm completely prepared for that outcome.

The draft will produce the same fate for many who are convinced that our pick will be player X and not player Y.

Last edited:
Reactions: scrubadam

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Any additional first rounder in any draft is good, i agree, whether it be this year or next year, doesnt matter overly much to me as long as you obtain that first rounder

I keep getting this suspicious feeling we dont keep all 4 secon rounders today... i know that not breaking news but for me i didnt really think theyd mess around and just draft all 4 guys but..something tells me we trade 1 of them away somewhere

Reactions: sheed36

habsfan92

Jun 5, 2005
winnipeg
I would have no interest in JAD from LA, hated his game in the U18's & he was captain-unable to generate any offence despite playing prime minutes was concerning.
Looks like a bottom 6 guy.

Clearedwaivers

Feb 27, 2017
LMAOOOOO..what??

Grant McCagg
(@grantmccagg)

I see Sam Bennett's name resurfacing as possible trade bait. Get him when the value is low. If I'm the Habs I explore a Pacioretty for Bennett scenario once again. Have Bennett as part of that under 18-24-year-old core the team is attempting to build.
18 mins ago · Twittter
Grant must be home with his feet up, waiting for the draft, and getting completely smashed.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Why cant we add to the pacioretty trade

We could add a Byron a Petry , or anything we need to get a freaking prospect center and a 1st ,

Oh true Bargainbin only makes 1 on 1 trade

Yes trade both Casper and Petry please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad