Rumor: Max Pacioretty to LA Kings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
It should not come as a surprise to anyone. Nobody should make the miatake of having any kind of expectation with this tool at the gm position. He's so out of there he asked for Trocheck for Pacioretty last March.

Hope for the best. Expect status quo. His evaluation of players is terrible.
Trades are hard this isn't PlayStation you know.

Reactions: Runner77 and Zorba

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
LMAOOOOO..what??

Grant McCagg
(@grantmccagg)

I see Sam Bennett's name resurfacing as possible trade bait. Get him when the value is low. If I'm the Habs I explore a Pacioretty for Bennett scenario once again. Have Bennett as part of that under 18-24-year-old core the team is attempting to build.
18 mins ago · Twittter

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
LMAOOOOO..what??

Grant McCagg
(@grantmccagg)

I see Sam Bennett's name resurfacing as possible trade bait. Get him when the value is low. If I'm the Habs I explore a Pacioretty for Bennett scenario once again. Have Bennett as part of that under 18-24-year-old core the team is attempting to build.
18 mins ago · Twittter
Lol. Sam Bennett. I don’t doubt that Bergevin would do this.
That would be just awful

Reactions: Natey

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
LMAOOOOO..what??

Grant McCagg
(@grantmccagg)

18 mins ago · Twittter

Ouch!

I'd be interested in Bennett in a "Buy-low, change-of-scenery" type deal, but not for Pacioretty...

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Ouch!

I'd be interested in Bennett in a "Buy-low, change-of-scenery" type deal, but not for Pacioretty...
I wouldn’t be Interested in Bennett at all
Calgary has zero secondary scoring and they wanna Trade him?
What’s that tell you
He’s a bust

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
The Montreal Canadiens are proud to select, from Boston University......

giphy1.gif

Lol, well giffed.

Reactions: jaffy27

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This Bernstein fella works for the Fourth Period? Are they reputable at all?

I'm not saying he didn't speak to an agent, but I wonder if he's a guy that an agent would have no qualms in mis-directing.

Agent to Bernstein: "no, nobody's asked for permission to speak with Pacioretty. where did you hear that?"

The same agent to McKenzie: "Bob, i can't talk about that just yet, but i'll get back to you when things progress."

Also, isn't this the type of chatter that McKenzie might follow up on? Has he chimed in on the subject?

The Fourth Period features the likes of Pagnotta, who is not reliable. He's a puff artist who doesn't check the finer details and comes across as the type of guy who is full of himself.

Bernstein is associated with them but sounds more authoritative. Except, as I've found out, when he's dealing with LA info, where he becomes more territorial and acts like a fan.

This afternoon on 690, where he usually does a segment whenever Simon is on, I got the sense that he was being very protective of the Kings, so much so that he was being very unreasonable about what the Habs should be getting in a trade for Pacioretty. He was trying to sell Muzzin and JAD as a reasonable return and said that there was no need to add LA's first round pick.

He's completely out to left field by completely disregarding what Rick Nash fetched and heavily limiting what the Habs should get in his mind. He also was extremely forceful when it came to his stance about the Habs not having granted permission for Pacioretty to speak to LA management.

I'm expecting something close to what Nash fetched. Anything less and Bergevin should be looking elsewhere.

Do Muzzin and JAD move the needle for you for a signed Pacioretty?

Reactions: lou

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
it was a reference to a potentiel no. 20 pick in case we get Los Angeles 1st

Ahh, fair enough. Assuming we have #20, I wonder if the Isles would be willing to move down from one of their selections. I think that's the only way we'd be able to snag Hayton. We might be able to draft Veleno at 20, but C's seem to be moving up the charts given their scarcity in this draft.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
And Jason Botteril isn't trading O'Reilly...and Rob Blake isn't trading Vilardi...and Dale Tallon isn't trading Borgstrom...and Doug Armstrong isn't trading Thomas...and Peter Chiarelli isn't trading Lucic...and Pierre Dorion isn't trading Karlsson...Lou Lamoriello isn't trading Tavares rights...Marc Bergevin isn't trading Pacioretty.

It's a wonder why these guys even talk when they don't want to trade anyone

These are the battlecries from each of the fanbases associated with the GMs in your post. Available on cue.

Reactions: 417

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
LMAOOOOO..what??

Grant McCagg
(@grantmccagg)

18 mins ago · Twittter

Why are you even bothering to quote that turd? He's so out to lunch it's not even funny.

Only value from his account is how at draft time we may get a glimpse on some Timmins moves he might have been able to stumble upon. Other than that, he's useless.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
These are the battlecries from each of the fanbases associated with the GMs in your post. Available on cue.
I was going to put Don Waddell and the Canes...but he's on record as trading everyone whose last name doesn't include A (Aho).

Reactions: Runner77

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
The Fourth Period features the likes of Pagnotta, who is not reliable. He's a puff artist who doesn't check the finer details and comes across as the type of guy who is full of himself.

Bernstein is associated with them but sounds more authoritative. Except, as I've found out, when he's dealing with LA info, where he becomes more territorial and acts like a fan.

This afternoon on 690, where he usually does a segment whenever Simon is on, I got the sense that he was being very protective of the Kings, so much so that he was being very unreasonable about what the Habs should be getting in a trade for Pacioretty. He was trying to sell Muzzin and JAD as a reasonable return and said that there was no need to add LA's first round pick.

He's completely out to left field by completely disregarding what Rick Nash fetched and heavily limiting what the Habs should get in his mind. He also was extremely forceful when it came to his stance about the Habs not having granted permission for Pacioretty to speak to LA management.

I'm expecting something close to what Nash fetched. Anything less and Bergevin should be looking elsewhere.

Do Muzzin and JAD move the needle for you for a signed Pacioretty?

I think if you add a 1st its pretty equal to what Boston got.

I did the breakdown a few pages back but Muzzin close to spooner and is a LD that we need. JAD is Lindgren, both prospects each team moved. As far as I know Lindgren wasn't BOS top prospect and it sounds like JAD isn't LA's either.

One big difference was that BOS sent Belesky as a cap dump. I would gladly take Brown or Carter as a cap dump if it upped the prospect or added a pick.

Muzzin/JAD/1st is pretty equal to what Boston got. Maybe add another pick or lower level prospect to even things up a bit.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think if you add a 1st its pretty equal to what Boston got.

I did the breakdown a few pages back but Muzzin close to spooner and is a LD that we need. JAD is Lindgren, both prospects each team moved. As far as I know Lindgren wasn't BOS top prospect and it sounds like JAD isn't LA's either.

One big difference was that BOS sent Belesky as a cap dump. I would gladly take Brown or Carter as a cap dump if it upped the prospect or added a pick.

Muzzin/JAD/1st is pretty equal to what Boston got. Maybe add another pick or lower level prospect to even things up a bit.

What do you figure the Habs would have to add to signed Pacioretty, if anything, should they be vying for Vilardi and a 1st?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad