Player Discussion Max Pacioretty - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterNoItAll

Oct 21, 2017
He’s trying to do too much. We’re asking him to be something he’s not. He’s a one dimensional sniper, but a very a good one at that. Tonight he had trouble driving/creating the play, when he should be finishing the play.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Trade him....but be sure you get something great in return. 'Cause he will get his season going again. Not sure in the playoffs....but he could make you look real bad in the regular season, that's for sure.

So not a captain though. Everybody knows now that what Therrien said what the truth. And the real one.

Reactions: Pickles

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
This guy is just a Phil Kessel who has the C in Montreal. He’s not a franchise player like Kane or Ovechkin just as Kessel isn’t. He’s a complementary player on a great team. The issue is he’s all we’ve got up front. Top 5 goals in the last 5 years, sure. But he’s not a leader and the captaincy was always too much for him.
Well, I really wish he was a Phil Kessel.

He's basically a Michael Ryder, a little bit better defensively but with a worse hockey IQ.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
Said it before and will say it again, the only type of wingers that make worthwhile captains are board-banging crease-crashers, regardless of level of scoring ability. Prime Iginla, young Ovechkin, D. Brown, M. Richards all examples over the last dozen years. Patches is too one dimensional a player, therefore when he slumps it’s easy to criticise.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
That was the best game he has played in a while.

True.....but still need to be traded, cant sustain the pressure of being Habs captain, and even if they remove the C from him would be too little too late, i'm sure MB knows that and is already shopping him, hope he finds the right dancer, we need to have a good return for a regular 30 goals scorer

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I know the negative nancy's don't want to hear it, but I thought that was a great game from Max. I think he's learning how to play with Shaw and Danault who want to play a dump and retrieve it style of game, while is at his best on the rush. I still think we'd be best served trading for a C to play with Max though.

Johnny31

Aug 4, 2017
I know the negative nancy's don't want to hear it, but I thought that was a great game from Max. I think he's learning how to play with Shaw and Danault who want to play a dump and retrieve it style of game, while is at his best on the rush. I still think we'd be best served trading for a C to play with Max though.
Did not Max play with Danault for a good portion of last year? Who is a good C for Max and who are you willing to trade ?

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Did not Max play with Danault for a good portion of last year? Who is a good C for Max and who are you willing to trade ?
Max played with Danault, but Danault was the third fiddle between Max and Radulov and their rush game. Now it seems Max is the 3rd fiddle with Danault and Shaw playing a dump and retrieve game (and successfully mind you). Totally different dynamic out there.

There are plenty of C's out there, Ryan O'Reilly would be my top choice. An under the radar option could be Derrick Brassard if the Sens fold it in. In terms of assets, I don't want to trade Poehling, but Mete would be available if we're getting O'Reilly. If Lehkonen comes back and plays well, he could have nice value too.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

I like Shaw but he's not Radulov.

It was Radulov that was making that line working. He was able to find Pacioretty on the ice.

Johnny31

Aug 4, 2017
Okay thats fair enough, I dont know enough to say if Max will fit with on of those guys. The things is that he doesn't seem to fit with Drouin who is a playmaker. O'reilly would be nice to have, but I would not be a buyers right now with the succes of the team since the start of the season

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Okay thats fair enough, I dont know enough to say if Max will fit with on of those guys. The things is that he doesn't seem to fit with Drouin who is a playmaker. O'reilly would be nice to have, but I would not be a buyers right now with the succes of the team since the start of the season
Perhaps we give he and Drouin another shot. Alzner-Petry were a dumpster fire initially, got taken apart, but since they've been put back together they've been a quality 2nd pairing.

All I know is Max is not a fit playing with Danault and Shaw.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Well, I really wish he was a Phil Kessel.

He's basically a Michael Ryder, a little bit better defensively but with a worse hockey IQ.

He’s much better than ryder but he’s being put in a position where he can’t succeed because we don’t have anyone else.

Imagine, Pacioretty is trying to become a creator with Danault and Shaw on his line. Has this team ever made less sense?

On a brighter note, Philly, Boston, Carolina and Florida have won or are winning tonight. Good night for the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad