Player Discussion Max Pacioretty - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
Pacioretty will never 'look' like he's putting in the required effort...his game is the same whether he's struggling or on fire.

I dont think thats entirely true, Pacioretty is a streaky goal scorer, but you can tell when he’s putting in an effort, and when he isnt. There are games where he glides around totally unengaged and games where he has another gear, all I want to see from our captain is a guy playing hard every shift, points will come with the extra effort.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
The only thing he had to do, as he said himself, was to give the puck to 47 and to put himself in great position. And yet, I'm sure I read in here how 47 was not an initiator and it was false to think that Pacioretty was just a complementary player....Other excuses from the supposed Captain. Totally forgetting that he also had good offensive season with guys like Danault and even Desharnais. But somehow, he explains how bad he is playing because Radulov is gone. The guy is just a passenger who will thrive in a situation where a great team will already be assembled and then he'll fit right in. A Deluxe Complementary player. Yet, we don't have here what it takes to accomodate him.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
The only thing he had to do, as he said himself, was to give the puck to 47 and to put himself in great position. And yet, I'm sure I read in here how 47 was not an initiator and it was false to think that Pacioretty was just a complementary player....Other excuses from the supposed Captain. Totally forgetting that he also had good offensive season with guys like Danault and even Desharnais. But somehow, he explains how bad he is playing because Radulov is gone. The guy is just a passenger who will thrive in a situation where a great team will already be assembled and then he'll fit right in. A Deluxe Complementary player. Yet, we don't have here what it takes to accomodate him.

Calling him a complementary player is a joke. He's driven his lines for years, you don't lead a team in scoring for 6 years by being a passenger

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
You realize that I was saying that YOU equate effort with goals right?

Ayeyayaye
you're the only one here saying goal = effort.

you can say that's what I think all you want, doesnt matter, you're the only one saying it.

So yeah, reality is you're projecting what YOU think onto other posters... in an atrtempt to what, make them look stupid or something ? :laugh:

no worries, I already know goal = effort is a moronic way of looking at the situation :laugh:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Got it...thanks for clearing that up.
are you sure ? I mean, really really sure you got it ?

cause you have nthis tendency to see things people are not saying/thinking... and you think way too highly of yourself so...

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Calling him a complementary player is a joke. He's driven his lines for years, you don't lead a team in scoring for 6 years by being a passenger

How is that relevant? The guy who is suppose to drive something is whining that he doesn't have Radulov to do everything for him now. How's that for driving something? The goals he scores were a direct result to the effort and drive from other people on his line. Why is he top scorer of this team? It's because he can complement like no other. Though, that's not what we're seeing in the playoffs when he really has to drive his line......BUt he is a sniper that has the ability, in the regular season, to finish what others have started. Having the points he has, has nothing to do with how much a complementary player he is.

Notwithstanding the part that was proven that amongst the top scorers of this league, he is the guy that benefitted the most from weak teams....a stat that is proven when it's time to always play against better team in the playoffs and he CLEARLY doesn't have as great stats as he does in the regular season. For a guy who is suppose to drive so much....I guess that is a sign that he stops driving at the time we need him the most.

Trade him to the Isles and play him with Tavares. He'll score 45 goals. Are you going to tell me that he is driving his line?

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
How is that relevant? The guy who is suppose to drive something is whining that he doesn't have Radulov to do everything for him now. How's that for driving something? The goals he scores were a direct result to the effort and drive from other people on his line. Why is he top scorer of this team? It's because he can complement like no other. Though, that's not what we're seeing in the playoffs when he really has to drive his line......BUt he is a sniper that has the ability, in the regular season, to finish what others have started. Having the points he has, has nothing to do with how much a complementary player he is.

Are you seriously saying the result of his 217 goals were because of the effort and drive of other people? I honestly wonder if you've ever seen him play. He's the top scorer of this team because he can score like no other.

So in the regular season you give him no credit for producing because he's just a passenger for others? But in the playoffs he gets the blame for not driving his line?

Reactions: 417

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Are you seriously saying the result of his 217 goals were because of the effort and drive of other people? I honestly wonder if you've ever seen him play. He's the top scorer of this team because he can score like no other.

So in the regular season you give him no credit for producing because he's just a passenger for others? But in the playoffs he gets the blame for not driving his line?

Nah what I'm saying is that he is not the driving force that you think he is SOLELY because he scores a lot of goals. Radulov doesn,t score a lot of goals and he is a driving force. I'm saying that you can't equal GOALS with DRIVING FORCE.

I've obviously NEVER said that I don't give him credit for scoring. I'm saying that a driving force that has the number of goals that he has during the last 6 seasons should be able, if he is that kind of driving force, to do the same in the playoffs when you face tougher teams. So we could together give him the credit he deserved for being a king of the regular season....yet...nobody will remember him if he keeps being invisible in the most important season of them all.

I guess we don't have the same meaning of what a driving force is. I see Gallagher being a driving force of his line and that's despite the fact that he'll never win the scoring title of his own team.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
It makes me physically ill to watch him wear C and play for the habs. Please get some value before it's too late. I'd have done it 2 years ago. We're on the edge of being too late now.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
This guy is just a Phil Kessel who has the C in Montreal. He’s not a franchise player like Kane or Ovechkin just as Kessel isn’t. He’s a complementary player on a great team. The issue is he’s all we’ve got up front. Top 5 goals in the last 5 years, sure. But he’s not a leader and the captaincy was always too much for him.

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
Trade Pacioretty for futures before the rest of the G.Ms figure out he's not good. He will not score 30 goals this year.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
are you sure ? I mean, really really sure you got it ?

cause you have nthis tendency to see things people are not saying/thinking... and you think way too highly of yourself so...

I think too highly of myself ? Lol

What does this have to do with Pacioretty exactly?

You turn a debate about Pacioretty's effort, into a comment about me?

Maybe you think too much of me?

Last edited:

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
This guy is just a Phil Kessel who has the C in Montreal. He’s not a franchise player like Kane or Ovechkin just as Kessel isn’t. He’s a complementary player on a great team. Top 5 goals in the last 5 years, sure. But he’s not a leader and the captaincy was always too much for him.

Even Kessel was way better than Pacioretty ever was. Kessel was a great playmaker and shooter. Great in the playoffs. Pacioretty has no elite skill other then his shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad