Player Discussion Max Pacioretty - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Our captain has 1 goal in his last 13 games.

His last goal in his last 13 games was against Detroit in Detroit. Pacioretty scored to make it 6-2. I mean Jesus Christ talking about scoring a goal when we were already up 5-2. Irrelevant goal and meant nothing in our win. The next game we scored 10 goals and Pacioretty was the only forward and one of four players not to register a point (Pacioretty, Petry, Schlemko, Alzner).

1 irreverent goal in his last 13 games!!!!!

I forgot to mentioned that goal Pacioretty scored was on the powerplay. His first powerplay goal in 37 games dated back to last year.

To make matters worst Pacioretty’s goal against Detroit he didn’t even score the goal. It was Jonathan Ericsson who knocked it in his net.

Enjoy

Reactions: Habs178

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Worst captain in Habs history.

Seriously, though. Once he gets traded, would you remember him as a 3o+ goal scorer or a playoff choker?

I say the latter.

It's only December and he's already in playoff mode. Brutal.

Maybe somebody should point out to him we still have almost 4 months left in the season.

Gallagher should just tape a C on his jersey and show up to practice.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
How about all those years before Radulov was here? Bull**** once again! Good job.

Last year, Pacioretty had already started his decline. It's true, Radulov was the engine that made 67 remotely useful last year.

Pacioretty has been on a downward trend for the past several seasons. He was a sure scorer (Reg Season) 2-3 years ago. And perimeter play had already started. Even more dangerous previously. Last year, I don't remember him doing anything that special considering the ice time he got.

This year, it's so patently obvious that this is a broken player. I do not recognize him from his younger self.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Our entire management team lack tact and class. See the way MB aka the highschool dropout treated Markov, Radulov, Subban, etc. Molson is disrespecting his fan base and is proving to be an incompetent clown for still employing our putrid GM after 6 years of mediocrity. I don’t see you crying about it though, easier to point out posters on an Internet forum.

This organization is not deserving of respect. They are gouging their fanbase and almost everyone from top to bottom, beginning with Bergevin and going through the AHL team with Lefebvre, not to mention the neanderthal Therrien who was with the organization until last year -- all of them are arrogant, brash and uncouth. Not to mention that they're all incompetent. Molson's attention is only partly dedicated to the Habs, from all the stuff he's reported doing.

Reactions: Oshawa General

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I had forgotten about that chump. A league leader in man-games lost due to injuries -- jeez, that wasn't predictable. As useless a chump as he is, he still managed to fool Bergevin into a contract.
I didn't mind it as a signing. But as a serious addition to the team, I found it hilarious. Also, you are almost in the top 10 in likes!

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I didn't mind it as a signing. But as a serious addition to the team, I found it hilarious. Also, you are almost in the top 10 in likes!

There were serious red flags with Hemsky undergoing a serious operation in the summer. With his injury history and now as an older player, it wasn't a stretch to predict that he'd be at a high risk of missing significant time. As for the likes, well, I don't know what that means. Can I cash them in or donate them? I wish I could send them back tenfold to all the posters who make contributing here, so enjoyable. ;)

Reactions: The Great Schlemko

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
I had forgotten about that chump. A league leader in man-games lost due to injuries -- jeez, that wasn't predictable. As useless a chump as he is, he still managed to fool Bergevin into a contract.

I didn’t understand when Bergevin and radulov was 1 million off. Instead of looking sing both Markov and Radulov and giving Hemsky that $1 million? Why not just not sign Hemsky and give Radulov that extra million? We have like $10 mil in cap space with $1 mil in dead cap due to Hemsky injury.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Interesting tweet about the dry spells that Pacioretty has gone through, in each of the seasons where he scored 30 plus goals:

Offsets the recency effect of those who might claim that his current dry spell has devalued his market worth.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Interesting tweet about the dry spells that Pacioretty has gone through, in each of the seasons where he scored 30 plus goals:

Offsets the recency effect of those who might claim that his current dry spell has devalued his market worth.

I don't ever remember a season when he was so invisible. Playoffs, constantly. But regular season, when he didn't score, I wasn't too panicked. Now, when he gets the puck, any excitement I might have had that a play was developing plummets. I honestly would rather see Gally, Byron, Hudon, Leks get the puck on a turnover. Plekanec, for however useless he is at scoring, is faster than Pacioretty currently going North-South. It's at least led to some rebound chances.

But for your point about trade value, that is interesting. I wonder if GMs would take it into consideration. If you watch this guy, who is supposed to be playing with the most intensity of his career as captain of the Habs, it's hard not to see a very useless player, no matter how many 30g he's scored in the past. Not the same player. And yeah, as has been noted, meanwhile Galchenyuk gets all the focus even though while struggling he does 10x more during a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad