Player Discussion Max Pacioretty - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Interesting observations from Pascal Dupuis yesterday.

Pascal Dupuis, ex-Penguin who faced Pacioretty numerous times and who is now part of the Dave Morissette crew, was asked what was the Pens' strategy against Pacioretty.

Dupuis says that since Pacioretty's a talented player, they tried to limit his time and space. He has a powerful shot, takes long strides when he skates and once he's taken off, he's tough to stop. So they tried to keep him toward the boards and limit his shots. There are players that when you hit them, they become invisible. And Dupuis says that the Pens believed that Pacioretty is this type of player.

I agree with this and just want to add that most of our top 6 is like this and it is the reason that we take so many shots from the perimeter. Hit us and we are done.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Forwards that are playing better than Pacioretty this season. The so-called best forward and captain of this team:

Drouin
Gallagher
Byron
Plekanec
Hudon
Danault
Shaw
Carr
Deslauriers
Lehkonen

Debatable:
Galchenyuk
DLR

He might be 2nd in points but that's the results of ice-time and opportunities.. but in term of expectations vs. results.. he's probably our worst forwards.. He's also known as a good 2 way forwards.. but he's -8, again one of the worst forwards.. Plekanec is a two ways player and he's +6.. a difference of 14. Even Deslauriers is +6 ffs.. meaning that fourth line scores more goals than gets score against.. while our 1st line gets destroyed..

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Of course Max is that type of player. He just said he’s pretty much unwilling to cut to the net and we know he’d rather just take a wrister from deep or dump the puck in the corner and get his linemates to do the work on the cycle.

He’s gutless and the fact he thought it was necessary to tell the media why he doesn’t cut to the net proves to me that he’s aware that he’s gutless.

I remember Saku owning Joe Thornton in the playoffs while playing with a punctured lung and a fractured rib. That’s what the captaincy has become for this franchise.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
People finally ready to railroad this complete fraud out of town?

Trade him while he still has value, and apologize to the fans for making such a gutless wonder the captain.

One of the guys in the league that has less balls than a eunuch.

Patio-ready indeed. He's been on the patio since the start of the season, at least he used to wait until the playoffs to disappear before.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
People finally ready to railroad this complete fraud out of town?

Trade him while he still has value, and apologize to the fans for making such a gutless wonder the captain.

One of the guys in the league that has less balls than a eunuch.

Patio-ready indeed. He's been on the patio since the start of the season, at least he used to wait until the playoffs to disappear before.
I agree with most of your post except he has has been on the patio from last year , even from few years ago, he got used to having others blamed for his lazy plays, like the infamous pk play were therrien was blinded with the lazy backcheck of casper

Reactions: Schwang

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
He’s one of the biggest issues with this team. He should’ve been scratched long ago, Captain or not. Seriously, is management THAT blind and stupid that they can’t see how lazy and disinterested this guy is?! I don’t care if he scores 40 with another team. Get him the hell out of here! I’ve been saying it for 3 years - no hockey iq, gutless, limited talent, one trick pony. And now his one trick no longer works. I can’t stand this guy!

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex

Pascal Dupuis, ex-Penguin who faced Pacioretty numerous times and who is now part of the Dave Morissette crew, was asked what was the Pens' strategy against Pacioretty.

Dupuis says that since Pacioretty's a talented player, they tried to limit his time and space. He has a powerful shot, takes long strides when he skates and once he's taken off, he's tough to stop. So they tried to keep him toward the boards and limit his shots. There are players that when you hit them, they become invisible. And Dupuis says that the Pens believed that Pacioretty is this type of player.

Keep him towards the boards and limits his shots is pretty much everyone's strategy with him.

Good to hear someone say it.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Some of the comments in this thread are embarrassing and lack tact and class

There are other people actually reading these comments, surprising so many supposedly watch the games, yet cannot fathom why players don't score every shift. As if there only job is to score, not actually keep the opponent from scoring as well!!!...o_O:rolleyes::fence::cf::hit::hockey:

Jul 6, 2016
He’s one of the biggest issues with this team. He should’ve been scratched long ago, Captain or not. Seriously, is management THAT blind and stupid that they can’t see how lazy and disinterested this guy is?! I don’t care if he scores 40 with another team. Get him the hell out of here! I’ve been saying it for 3 years - no hockey iq, gutless, limited talent, one trick pony. And now his one trick no longer works. I can’t stand this guy!

Really ? I doubt.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
That's pretty much the same strategy against any top forwards....

Except with better players you have to do more. With Pacioretty you just have to stick to basics.

Often they don't limit his shots, just his shooting lanes. Works just as well since he rarely shoots with someone accessible to a rebound.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Some of the comments in this thread are embarrassing and lack tact and class
Our entire management team lack tact and class. See the way MB aka the highschool dropout treated Markov, Radulov, Subban, etc. Molson is disrespecting his fan base and is proving to be an incompetent clown for still employing our putrid GM after 6 years of mediocrity. I don’t see you crying about it though, easier to point out posters on an Internet forum.

Reactions: Deluded Puck

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Our entire management team lack tact and class. See the way MB aka the highschool dropout treated Markov, Radulov, Subban, etc. Molson is disrespecting his fan base and is proving to be an incompetent clown for still employing our putrid GM after 6 years of mediocrity. I don’t see you crying about it though, easier to point out posters on an Internet forum.

That doesn't have anything to do with my post

Is it easier to point out posters on an internet forum? You're speaking from experience

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
well his post-game comments saying they played too passively trying to defend against McDavid instead of playing fire vs fire is a message send to the coach. He's not wrong but the way he's been playing this year ( we could say last 3 years), he should shut it up. Too bad at the start of the first there was a dumped puck in the corner and his 3-4 first steps we're very aggressive. Had a good jump and i was thinking that Wax from 5 years ago was back...

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Usually it's the good thing to say but it really bothers me when Pacioretty uses the term "we" because I don't think he deserves to include himself when he says stuffs like "we are trying... we want to win.. we're doing our best... we worked hard".. No Max, they did.. not you.

Apr 28, 2010
Worst captain in Habs history.

Seriously, though. Once he gets traded, would you remember him as a 3o+ goal scorer or a playoff choker?

I say the latter.

It's only December and he's already in playoff mode. Brutal.

Reactions: sandviper

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Go figure that some of us around here have been describing Pacioretty exactly like this for years now...

Patently obvious that this is exactly why he is so useless come playoff time, where teams can focus in on him and easily reduce his ability to impact the game.

Lots of crow to be eaten round these parts

Reactions: Runner77

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Him and Plekanec are the first ones that need to go

Even though he is still young, to me he is part of the older generation of habs . Plekanec and Pac are part of this . All the other guys like Gallagher, galchenyuk , drouin are part of the new generation

Pac is playing too much a perimeter game, he isn’t a fast north south type of player anymore

We should trade him while he still has value .

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Our captain has 1 goal in his last 13 games.

His last goal in his last 13 games was against Detroit in Detroit. Pacioretty scored to make it 6-2. I mean Jesus Christ talking about scoring a goal when we were already up 5-2. Irrelevant goal and meant nothing in our win. The next game we scored 10 goals and Pacioretty was the only forward and one of four players not to register a point (Pacioretty, Petry, Schlemko, Alzner).

1 irreverent goal in his last 13 games!!!!!

Reactions: No More Subban
Apr 28, 2010
Our captain has 1 goal in his last 13 games.

His last goal in his last 13 games was against Detroit in Detroit. Pacioretty scored to make it 6-2. I mean Jesus Christ talking about scoring a goal when we were already up 5-2. Irrelevant goal and meant nothing in our win. The next game we scored 10 goals and Pacioretty was the only forward and one of four players not to register a point (Pacioretty, Petry, Schlemko, Alzner).

1 irreverent goal in his last 13 games!!!!!

I blame Saku. He set the bar high for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad