Max Domi v William Nylander

Max Domi v William Nylander

• Domi

• Nylander

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Domi has a career ptspg of .65 (53pts a year)
Nylander has a career ptspg of .72 (60pts a year)

Nylander is a year younger.

Domi has had a MUCH worse supporting cast and line mates.
Domi is playing 1C on a very bad Montreal Canadiens team (on paper).

Both have a similar draft pedigree.

This is closer then you think.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Domi has a career ptspg of .65 (53pts a year)
Nylander has a career ptspg of .72 (60pts a year)

Nylander is a year younger.

Domi has had a MUCH worse supporting cast and line mates.
Domi is playing 1C on a very bad Montreal Canadiens team (on paper).

Both have a similar draft pedigree.

This is closer then you think.

It's really not, Domi is off to a really, really hot start. He's not a #1C, the guy has absurdly high PDO which will eventually come down. I don't mean to single him out as a bunch of Leafs are also very high in PDO but those are guys like Tavares who is a proven PPG player and Marner who is one the best young players in the league. I just don't think a guy like Domi is suddenly better than most of the players in the league at producing points after ~20 games.

Over an 82 game season, that normalizes and the usual guys are leading the league in points, goals, etc. With the start Domi has had though, he should be able to put up 60+ points this season though.

His season so far is eerily similar to the season Kadri had in 2012-13 during the lockout shortened season (his P/60 was higher than Crosby who was absolutely killing it that season). Thank god that season was only 48 games or Kadri would be a lot more expensive just because he got very lucky one season and put near PPG over 82 games.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
So you're taking Domi over the younger, higher ceiling player who's been more productive over his NHL career? OK then

What’s lazy is calling a player younger when he’s just a year and two months younger. Cmon. Yeah he’s technically younger but not as much to make a difference as you’re trying to make it.

Also, Nylander gets the treat of playing with Auston Matthews, sure hope he would be productive.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
So you're taking Domi over the younger, higher ceiling player who's been more productive over his NHL career? OK then
No i'm taking the player that is leading his team instead of the one that is just a passenger.

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
Nylander easily based on history. We’ll see how Domi does with the Habs but he looks good so far.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Nylander is as overrated as his dad was

Michael Nylander was overrated? By whom? People even cared to rate him?

I've called Willy "Junior Puck Hog" here on the board, a bit facetiously, but he's way better than Senior Puck Hog at letting the puck go, better/faster skater and he has a better shot too. Senior Puck Hog was primarily a selfish (but quite skilled) playmaker who probably thought he was God's gift to hockey himself.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Nylander easily based on history. We’ll see how Domi does with the Habs but he looks good so far.

Nylander easily based on history you say,:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Nylander Career PPG AVERAGE .70 While playing on the Leafs
Domi Career PPG average .65 While playing on the Habs and the Dogs

Nylanders Career Average = Turns out to about 4 more pts in a season than Domi's career average.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
Nylander easily based on history you say,:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Nylander Career PPG AVERAGE .70 While playing on the Leafs
Domi Career PPG average .65 While playing on the Habs and the Dogs

Nylanders Career Average = Turns out to about 4 more pts in a season than Domi's career average.

.73 actually. They’re both scorers so I’m not sure what your argument is. Nylander’s beat Domi’s career high twice by quite a bit.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
.73 actually. They’re both scorers so I’m not sure what your argument is. Nylander’s beat Domi’s career high twice by quite a bit.
You say 8 pts is quite a bit. I say it's not that much but than again we ''ll see what the end of this season brings. I see Domi beating Nylanders career high by quite a bit by the end of this season.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Why ?

Even if I was to buy in the basis of your argument, wouldn't that be one more year ?
I’m not making that argument.
I’m just stating that certain posters will move the goal posts just like they did when Barzal put up a great season.
Personally, if Domi puts up a great season this year I’d say he’s moved ahead of Nylander depending on what Nylander does this year of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad