Player Discussion Max Domi - The Maximum Dominator (70+ Point) Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
are you saying he's been good the whole game ?
He was average from the parts of the game I saw, but displayed elite vision on both goals at the end of the game.

The type of thing that can make you forgive an average performance, you know?

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
He was average from the parts of the game I saw, but displayed elite vision on both goals at the end of the game.

The type of thing that can make you forgive an average performance, you know?
how dare you come here and say Domi has an average performance ? don't you know it's forbidden ?

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
He hasn't been a force every game, but yeah he's been great for the most part. It's definitely time to stop trying to save face on the trade, we're all wrong sometimes.

I agree, he has not been stellar every game but when he is having an off night it isnt because he is not working hard. His play this year has been better than what was expected.

The trade is great now and I liked when it happened. The 27 excuse makers can't deny it, MTL got the better player.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
That's not true. You too have selective memory.

It's not much different from the Chucky we saw between February and November 2016. No injury and 20 more games and Chucky might've been close to ppg on a whole season lenght, not just 35 games.

I like Domi. In fact I like him more than Chucky, but this revisionism is just ridiculous and reeks recency bias.
Chucky during his now legendary hot streak never was the dynamic player/skater that domi is.

He seemed to me to resemble a poor man's Austin Matthews, a center who doesn't necessarily carry the play or dictate the pace of the game, but a player who's game more closely represents an opportunistic winger, a player who often is in the right place at the right time and has the shot to capitalise on those opportunities.

I think domi today is a more effective player than chucky was at his best, which was during that streak which occurred over two seasons

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Oh I'm sure you'll find a dance partner to this terrible song, you've just stepped on my feet too many times in the past.
Yeah! I know...

you saw "parts of the game", yet I must be wrong in saying he's been bad lately and thinking he was not good for most of the game today...

I must be the only one here to have heard Marc Denis mentionning Byron was the only player on his line to give effort, he must be signing a horrible song too or something.... right ??

I understand, you're a huge fan of Domi, like a f***ing huge fan of the guy, but reality is, the guy was great the first 17-18 game and average the other 17-18 games he played, and that includes the game you partly saw today...

now relax, take it easy, no need to jump at the throat of anyone who dare say something not-positive of the guy.
(although not surprised, when it comes to Weber and Domi, you go nuts)

Reactions: Frank Drebin

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Chucky during his now legendary hot streak never was the dynamic player/skater that domi is.

He seemed to me to resemble a poor man's Austin Matthews, a center who doesn't necessarily carry the play or dictate the pace of the game, but a player who's game more closely represents an opportunistic winger, a player who often is in the right place at the right time and has the shot to capitalise on those opportunities.

I think domi today is a more effective player than chucky was at his best, which was during that streak which occurred over two seasons
the dynamic player you're speaking of is the one front he beginning of the season, he's no more dynamic than anyone else on the team lately (last 15 games at least).

by the end of the season, the 15-20 dynamic games he played at the beginning of the season may be just that, a hot streak...

right now fans are building Domi a reputation of ALWAYS working hard, ALWAYS being dynamic while in reality it happened more or less half the games he played so far...

hey! given the start of the season both have, the Domi trade is stilla good one, no need to panic here, chill out, but right now, Domi is working hard in general like most of his teammates, that is all.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
McDavid wouldve gotten 24 pts in 23 shifts
McDavid, Domi...

giphy.gif

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

One day, it'll be the streak that gets him into the Hall of Fame.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Odd standards we have in habsland.

Players need to be good every shift now.

An average stretch by Domi suggests he’s done.

Just let people be excite over winning a trade and a guy producing. Domi is on pace to have highest point total for a habs player since kovalev hit 84 a decade ago no? Are we not allowed to smile that he’d flirt with PPG?

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
the dynamic player you're speaking of is the one front he beginning of the season, he's no more dynamic than anyone else on the team lately (last 15 games at least).

by the end of the season, the 15-20 dynamic games he played at the beginning of the season may be just that, a hot streak...

right now fans are building Domi a reputation of ALWAYS working hard, ALWAYS being dynamic while in reality it happened more or less half the games he played so far...

hey! given the start of the season both have, the Domi trade is stilla good one, no need to panic here, chill out, but right now, Domi is working hard in general like most of his teammates, that is all.
That's a fair opinion, he hasn't been the same player he was at the beginning of the season. In all probability that was a hot streak like you say.

He's realistically a 50-60 point player rather than the 70 point guy we saw at the beginning, he might be a bit streaky too.

It's still ok to like the player and like the trade. Especially when he comes through for the team like he did last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad