Player Discussion Max Domi - The Maximum Dominator (70+ Point) Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Is that the Radulov year? Kind of confused. From Feb 2015- Nov 2016? Is that when he scored 30 goals then played with Radulov? If that's what you're talking about I still give the nod to Domi.

I've never seen Galch drive the play like Domi has. It's besides the points. Zone entries, tenacity on the puck, passing, effort levels. Plus the speed is a huge huge plus. He's created so many 2 on 1s with his speed.

He might be marginally less skilled than Galch (which is debatable) but the skating, effort and the other little things I mentioned are so prevalent in Domi that I've never seen in Galch. To me it's night and day. But again, players get hot with a new team and he's traditionally a hot starter so we'll see. We could still lose this trade but I've personally never seen Galchenyuk play this well all around.

Not with Radulov. I mixed the dates. It's feb to nov 2015.

Look at the dates, go look at his game log. Something like 58pts in 60 games. It finished when he got his knee injury.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
In the first chunk of the season though, Domi looked better than Galch ever did at C. No question.
Domi has more speed and likes to get involved (even a bit much at times). lol
I feel like he'd be limited at wing.

Meanwhile, Galchenyuk's weapon is his shot. He is better suited for wing. Less responsibilities.
He's been good at C for some time, but his time at Center is pretty much gone.
Looking back, I'm left wondering how bad his history of knee injury affected him.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Domi's return to Zona did not go unnoticed ...

nQaZrPx.gif

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
""But none of that changes the fact that Domi has proven in 35 games — managing 14 goals and 19 assists — what Galchenyuk couldn’t prove in his six seasons with the Canadiens.""

That's dumb and completely disregards Chucky was ppg on over 60 games at center in Montreal. Engels has selective memory.

Assinine historical revisionism.

Was going to post that. But probably easier to just say TOO SOOOOONNNNNN. I've been saying that a lot this season.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
""But none of that changes the fact that Domi has proven in 35 games — managing 14 goals and 19 assists — what Galchenyuk couldn’t prove in his six seasons with the Canadiens.""

That's dumb and completely disregards Chucky was ppg on over 60 games at center in Montreal. Engels has selective memory.

Furthermore, nothing is proven over 30 games. Imagine that standard used across the board?

Unless Domi raises his game back up, his 20 game stretch to start the season will be just that...a hot stretch. 7 pts in 14 GP now...3 of which came in one game..almost all those points came versus bottom feeders. 1 goal in 8games...3 in 14gp...Everything he touched turned to gold earlier...definitely not the case anymore, and he is not as intense or combative either.
We will see how he settles his play throughout rest of the season but at this point he is anything but proven.

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
Some people can write 100 words per minute.....

I go at 50 wpm on a keyboard on a good day.
We're not talking about typing 500 random words as fast as possible. We're talking about writing an essay. An essay has an intro, body, conclusion and need researches.
I don't know why I need to argue on this lol

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
We're not talking about typing 500 random words as fast as possible. We're talking about writing an essay. An essay has an intro, body, conclusion and need researches.
I don't know why I need to argue on this lol

I can write a 500 words well written post in about 15-30 minutes, depending on what I am talking about and if I have references to add.

A lot of posters here can do that. 500 words is pretty short. Just admit it's hyperbole to say it takes hours to write 500 words of something legitimate on a hockey forum.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018

Jesus, how are some of these guys paid to do this for a living. Engels with another bs story.

Jul 6, 2016
We should never question the level of competitiveness this guy has in him. And that is a good foundation for success.

Reactions: jayhabsvgk

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal

i don't have the choice to agree with you , but he also wrote " (Galchenyuk) produced eight points in his first nine games at centre " . I think that his tweet isn't representative of the entire article by putting the numbers that way , because he also describes the good things Domi is doing as a center that Galchenyuk never did .

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
" “I think moving to the wing will get his feet moving,” Tocchet said. “I don’t think he’s been getting his feet moving because he’s been watching, wondering, ‘Where am I supposed to go?’ When you think where to go, what’s the first thing you do? You slow down, you don’t anticipate, you don’t react. "

As a centreman it’s a tough job, but Max down low is quick on loose pucks and he competes hard,” said Bergevin on Dec. 8. “He’s back hard, and he puts a lot of backside pressure. He wants to win and he wants to make a difference.”

So to me it isn't only about the total points of Domi

Reactions: 417 and Habs Icing

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Not with Radulov. I mixed the dates. It's feb to nov 2015.

Look at the dates, go look at his game log. Something like 58pts in 60 games. It finished when he got his knee injury.

Don’t tell the Bergevin supporters that. They don’t believe lightning in a bottle. If Domi regresses, the entire fanbase that looks at things rationally will have already “eaten crow.”

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Furthermore, nothing is proven over 30 games. Imagine that standard used across the board?

Unless Domi raises his game back up, his 20 game stretch to start the season will be just that...a hot stretch. 7 pts in 14 GP now...3 of which came in one game..almost all those points came versus bottom feeders. 1 goal in 8games...3 in 14gp...Everything he touched turned to gold earlier...definitely not the case anymore, and he is not as intense or combative either.
We will see how he settles his play throughout rest of the season but at this point he is anything but proven.

He's got 8 pts in last 10, 3 of which are goals. I think he was expected to come back down to earth but he seems to be doing fine to me. It's only if you expect him to be elite then you'll be disappointed but he looks like a 2nd line C+ right now.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
He's got 8 pts in last 10, 3 of which are goals. I think he was expected to come back down to earth but he seems to be doing fine to me. It's only if you expect him to be elite then you'll be disappointed but he looks like a 2nd line C+ right now.
I did not watch today's game as I'm in the Philippines but over the previous 15 game stretch, I found him to be mostly invisible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00