Player Discussion Max Domi - The Maximum Dominator (70+ Point) Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Probably because we were up 5-0 26 minutes into the game, meanwhile in our 1 goal win against Columbus Domi played almost 20 minutes.

Galchenyuk continues to put up PP points and is productive in OT, however he's onto his 3rd coach in the NHL who doesn't rely on him at ES which makes sense considering he has as many ES points as Jordie Benn this year.
Oh come on. How about against the Panthers were Shaw played more than domi? There are so many examples I could show you. I actually dont know if Chucky is there best player, but I know that we shouldn't be looking at it that way.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
He's got 34 points in 51 games including 14 goals....If that's their best player, than the Coyotes are really in trouble.

Even if Domi and Galchenyuk had the same amount of points, i'd still take Domi as I think he's way more of a complete player and is always implicated, even if it's not reflected on the score sheet.

I actually can't wait to see Domi in the playoffs as I think he's the type of player that will crank it up to another level.
He's been their best player down the stretch. At least offensively with some very timely goals. He's been very clutch.
I said last summer Montreal will win this trade and I was probably one of a rare group that said that. Domi is younger , brings more to the table and has a better contract situation for Montreal. But Galy is coming on in the desert and deserves props.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
He's been their best player down the stretch. At least offensively with some very timely goals. He's been very clutch.
I said last summer Montreal will win this trade and I was probably one of a rare group that said that. Domi is younger , brings more to the table and has a better contract situation for Montreal. But Galy is coming on in the desert and deserves props.

I’ll give him props that he’s pretty much scoring at the same pace as last year on an equally bad team.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I’ll give him props that he’s pretty much scoring at the same pace as last year on an equally bad team.

He's producing at a better rate than Keller right now, and I'd take Keller ahead of both Galchenyuk and Domi.

It's tricky to compare numbers across teams. That's what led some people Dylan Strome was a bust. Or that Domi wasn't a top 6 forward. Arizona is just in a very bad spot right now and it's hard for anyone to look good on that roster.

In any case, I'm very happy with Domi. I think it looks like a win-win trade so far.

Reactions: dinodebino

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He's producing at a better rate than Keller right now, and I'd take Keller ahead of both Galchenyuk and Domi.

It's tricky to compare numbers across teams. That's what led some people Dylan Strome was a bust. Or that Domi wasn't a top 6 forward. Arizona is just in a very bad spot right now and it's hard for anyone to look good on that roster.

In any case, I'm very happy with Domi. I think it looks like a win-win trade so far.
While I like Keller he is not as complete as Domi who plays a skilled game coupled with an attitude which I like

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
While I like Keller he is not as complete as Domi who plays a skilled game coupled with an attitude which I like
i prefer a player like Domi too but Keller is just a second year guy with a skill level above Domi . Keller has a great I.Q., super skater and very good vision on the ice. It's only a question of whether his size or lack of competitiveness stunts his development.

Reactions: Tyson

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
He's been heating up lately...5 points away from being PPG again.

There's 17 games remaining to the season and he needs to get 11 points to become the first player since Tomas Plekanec to get 70 points.

It would be a huge success if he can hit this almost milestone.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017

Sure, but we rolled up the rim to win a luxury car while they only won a free coffee lol

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
He's been heating up lately...5 points away from being PPG again.

There's 17 games remaining to the season and he needs to get 11 points to become the first player since Tomas Plekanec to get 70 points.

It would be a huge success if he can hit this almost milestone.
70 would be par at this point. If this line can stay hot he's got an outside shot at 80.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
70 would be par at this point. If this line can stay hot he's got an outside shot at 80.

I think he breaks 80 if he has another 5-point night...otherwise I don't see him getting 21 points in 18 games.

I'm not saying he can't do it, I just don't see him doing it given the remainder of our schedule.

Frankc

Jan 9, 2005
Montreal
For me there is no debate to have.. Domi is clearly a better player than Galchy. Even next year if Galchy finish with 85 pts and Domi 70 I would still think we get the besf out of this deal. While Galchenyuk have a crazy shot, he can also be invisible for some periods or worst try to complexify the game and at all time he's terrible defensively and lacks attitude and desire to win. Domi is fast, skilled and play with emotion every night. And tonight was a good proof of how he is a proud competitor when he created a turnover and then on the same play he end up scoring or passing for a goal (don't remember since he had a not so bad 5 pts game night!!). He doesn't back down in front of anyone too and he seems to be appreciate in the locker.

For me Domi is like a mix between Gomez, Koivu and his dad all in a single player... the speed and puck control of Gomez.. the leadership, passing skills and emotion of Koivu and the grit and attitude of his dad. He just doesnt have the fighting skills of his dad and even that I'm not sure as he might have lol.

If Drouin could show some more consistency in his play, I could see Domi finishing between 75-80 pts this season.

Reactions: donghabs98
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad