Confirmed with Link: Max Domi sent back to the OHL.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
Coyotes Cut Domi, Lessio, Rieder, Gormley

After sitting in stunned silence for an hour, Blubba Jenkins unlocks a drawer in his desk containing an "In Case of Emergency Kit". He takes out the bottle of bourbon and the revolver with one shot. After pondering for a few moments, he determines that the time is right.

At least we still have a hockey club in Arizona. That's about the only positive I can think of. Not an NHL talent-level as of now.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
At least we still have a hockey club in Arizona. That's about the only positive I can think of. Not an NHL talent-level as of now.

While I'm glad we have an NHL Team here in Arizona that 5 year exit clause will stand out more unless this team makes a profit in the future.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Let's see! Red Wings won 3 cups in the Non-Salary Cap Era and only 1 in Cap era. Red Wings have slowly gone downhill ever since that cup loss to Pittsburgh and barley got into the playoffs last season in a very weak Eastern Conference. No way the Red Wings get in the playoffs last season if they were still in the Western Conference.

BTW, you still have yet to respond to my response to you with regards to Tippett's coaching record and how those who said for sure we would make the playoffs for sure in 2013 and 2014 were also wrong as well.

:sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

You can't stay on top forever, you should know that.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
we are icing cheapest team possible. one way mistakes stay with the team while more worthy assets sit in development purgatory. honestly given his camp how is Hodgman not a lock again? It's ridiculous at this point. we're broke.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I laughed so hard today that I had tears pouring down my face. Some of these comments were priceless. But I must say, we have many passionate hockey fans in Arizona who really care about this team.

hockeynuts

Sep 12, 2014
If I were Max Domi, I'd ask my agent to demand a trade privately. With a 7 day deadline given to Maloney before our demands go public, and a 14 day deadline before we publicly state we have no intention of ever playing a game for the Coyotes at any point in the future. Then I take the first one year contract with an NHL out clause I can be in the KHL, and I board a plane bound for Moscow with Tie Domi in tow.

RT, nice post, need a job as an agent???

"Hello my name is Max I could go play Jr again or go make $700K ,pay not taxes (about the same as $1.2M in the NHL), live like a rock star, keep my $ in the Cayman Islands and play hockey in the KHL the second best league in the world? Well I am only 19 let me think about that for 1/16 of a second."

Last edited:

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I still can't believe they think Smaby and Summers outplayed Gormley. I wonder if i was watching different games... but Summers looked like hot garbage and Smaby can't handle the puck for the life of him. Gormley looked fine and could move the puck.

Smaby is on a PTO. I'd presume at this point they're still deciding whether or not to sign him for Portland.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Smaby is on a PTO. I'd presume at this point they're still deciding whether or not to sign him for Portland.

You're probably right. They must love his size. I love his size. We don't have a big physical presence on the blue line. Perhaps a mid season call up?

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I haven't seen any preseason games this year, been too caught up with other crap but on paper this looks awful. I really hope GMDM has a good trade coming or I may need to find a new team to root for this season.

We do still have a bright future to look forward to though, assuming they don't all jettison for other clubs at the first opportunity. Too bad this seasons probably going to be another write off.

Also, the first opportunity Bruce Boudreau is available for hire we should can Tippett.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
A couple months ago, I argued against the "Tank for McDavid" position by saying that the reason the Kings have won Cups and we haven't has nothing to do with Doughty going 2OA and OEL going 6OA; it has everything to do with busting on Turris, busting on Wheeler and busting on Mueller. Those 3 + Boedker, Hanzal and either Gagner or Doan is a mighty fine top 6.

If those were our top 6 forwards, I'd be fine with waiting one more year for Domi. But we need offense too badly for this.
Maloney's explanation: He wants Domi to improve his offense to the point where he's top 6 ready from day 1, or so.
Nobody is ready for this day 1 except Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos, Tavares, etc. The LA Kings and Dallas Stars have Drew Doughty or Brendan Dillon, and Domi isn't going to learn how to deal with defenders like that by beating up on the Kitchener Rangers and Barrie Colts for another year.
Maybe there will be a trade with Klink or Chip involved.
What's the trade? They're both essentially replacement-level players. You can find Rob Klinkhammer on waivers, or at least a player good enough that you'd be foolish to acquire Klinkhammer for salary + price when you could have a waiver player for just salary. I think it's far more likely that Klink is claimed when WE put him on waivers than someone actually trading for him.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Y'all crack me up boys! Have y'all not been watching any of the preseason games, practices at camp? Sure some of the lads are close, but the vets have beaten 'em out and that was nothing short of obvious.

The reason (like I been a telln' y'all) to be cross with managment is for buying out Ribeiro and letting Vrbata get away - plain & simple.

Domi's gonna be dynamic and Samuelson is gonna be better than I thought, but it became apparent that the NHL is still a big step away as this preseason progressed. They were in over their heads, doesn't mean futrue won't be bright, just means we need patience.

Gormley has come along quite a bit from a year ago and even I believe he'll be up sooner rather than latter at this point. Y'all may remember I've questioned his ability to ever stick in the past, but he's progressed well (albeit slowly) and should indeed find himself a home in this league. It may not be here, but he should find a home.

It's gonna be ugly this season, like I believe we all have know since July...... Unless of course this potential new influx of ownership means dollars... dollars for someone like Patrick Sharp (as an example).

YandlesMother

Nov 21, 2013
Y'all crack me up boys! Have y'all not been watching any of the preseason games, practices at camp? Sure some of the lads are close, but the vets have beaten 'em out and that was nothing short of obvious.

The reason (like I been a telln' y'all) to be cross with managment is for buying out Ribeiro and letting Vrbata get away - plain & simple.

Domi's gonna be dynamic and Samuelson is gonna be better than I thought, but it became apparent that the NHL is still a big step away as this preseason progressed. They were in over their heads, doesn't mean futrue won't be bright, just means we need patience.

Gormley has come along quite a bit from a year ago and even I believe he'll be up sooner rather than latter at this point. Y'all may remember I've questioned his ability to ever stick in the past, but he's progressed well (albeit slowly) and should indeed find himself a home in this league. It may not be here, but he should find a home.

It's gonna be ugly this season, like I believe we all have know since July...... Unless of course this potential new influx of ownership means dollars... dollars for someone like Patrick Sharp (as an example).

Amazing. A man who likes a bird in hand versus 2 in the bush.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Amazing. A man who likes a bird in hand versus 2 in the bush.

A man who also thinks that shedding the roster of a guy who spent his salary in shouting matches with the coach, substance abuse, skirt chasing, and finding new ways to slack off was a bad thing.

...hmm. You're right. That is amazing! :naughty:

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The truely amazing thing is the ineptitude on this forum!

The birds are still in the bush boys and these guys aren't paid to be Saints.

Meaning of "bird in the had being WORTH more than two in the bush"

It's better to have a lesser but certain advantage than the possibility of a greater one that may come to nothing.

Origin

This proverb refers back to mediaeval falconry where a bird in the hand (the falcon) was a valuable asset and certainly worth more than two in the bush (the prey).

Keep bumbling along with glaring ignorance though - it's most amusing!

Last edited:

YandlesMother

Nov 21, 2013
In the interest of accuracy, let's alter this metaphor a bit. A man who likes a hot steaming pile of monkey **** in his hand, rather than two birds in a bush.

Yea, but what if that bush is filled with snakes? WHAT THEN RT?

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona

The bolded couldn't be more bogus. I don't think you can really believe that unless you didnt' watch the games.

Chip was outplayed by Rieder, Domi, Hodg, Lessio, and Hank.
Klink was outplayed by Rieder, Domi, and Hodg.
Moss was outplayed by Rieder, Domi, and Hodg.

It was pretty obvious.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014

I'm not counting on anything good from new ownership. Apart from that, "this".

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
The bolded couldn't be more bogus. I don't think you can really believe that unless you didnt' watch the games.

Chip was outplayed by Rieder, Domi, Hodg, Lessio, and Hank.
Klink was outplayed by Rieder, Domi, and Hodg.
Moss was outplayed by Rieder, Domi, and Hodg.

It was pretty obvious.

I stand by my original statement with absolute conviction. Perhaps you are not as observant as I thought you were?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad