Confirmed with Link: Max Domi sent back to the OHL.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I stand by my original statement with absolute conviction. Perhaps you are not as observant as I thought you were?

That's highly unlikely. What is more likely is I'm not one to simply go by with the company line because I can actually come to my own conclusions when watching these guys play.

It's fine that you are poor at evaluating players. It isn't a big deal. However, don't attempt to condescend towards others as if you were capable.

You do remember the youth team beating the big club, right? You do remember how upset DT was about it, right? Or did that slip by you?

I also forgot to add that Gormley looked better than Smaby and Summers, too.

As I said, it isn't a crime to be wrong. Just please do so with a little less condescension. It's unbecoming.

YandlesMother

Nov 21, 2013
I think you both have absolutely no idea how to judge hockey players as you both probably do something else professionally. For that matter, I'm probably bad at it too.

But its fun arguing on the internet.

EDIT:

As I said, it isn't a crime to be wrong. Just please do so with a little less condescension. It's unbecoming.

Also this is the smuggest line all day.

And the point of this obnoxious moral superiority I just laid down is to say that: **** is subjective. One of these sides is wrong. Lets hope its the side that leads to us losing a ton of games.

Last edited:

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
The problem is: as most would argue Domi is ready...he showed he's ready.

The thing is, Domi is going to be better after 15games as he was after game 1, and he's going to be better after game 30 than he was at game 15.

Domi isn't a weak player (he's been around the game, he is a fitness fiend because of the diabetes...)

Waiting another year is just "delaying" him from helping this club.

He's not a skinny Turris, nor is he a less confident Boedker...and as many have said, we're not a traditional team in the sense that we run a top 6 and a bottom 6 checking lines...giving the kid 11 min + 3+ min of PP time would be sufficient to get him started

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The truely amazing thing is the ineptitude on this forum!

The birds are still in the bush boys and these guys aren't paid to be Saints.

Meaning of "bird in the had being WORTH more than two in the bush"

It's better to have a lesser but certain advantage than the possibility of a greater one that may come to nothing.

Origin

This proverb refers back to mediaeval falconry where a bird in the hand (the falcon) was a valuable asset and certainly worth more than two in the bush (the prey).

Keep bumbling along with glaring ignorance though - it's most amusing!

Your Wikipedia game is strong, I'll grant you that. Your sarcasm detector, though, is a little rusty.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
That's highly unlikely. What is more likely is I'm not one to simply go by with the company line because I can actually come to my own conclusions when watching these guys play.

Oh please. You're going to try and make this stick?

I'm the guy who has to make a conscious effort to stop railing on and on about the complete and utter STUPIDITY of the "company line" buying out Ribeiro and letting Vrbata go.

All I do is watch them play - you'd best find a better tack my friend.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Playing tonight. 1 assist so far. Set up Dvorak on a beautiful play on another play but was denied. He's been outstanding. Played on 5x3 PK.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Y'all crack me up boys! Have y'all not been watching any of the preseason games, practices at camp? Sure some of the lads are close, but the vets have beaten 'em out and that was nothing short of obvious.

The reason (like I been a telln' y'all) to be cross with managment is for buying out Ribeiro and letting Vrbata get away - plain & simple.

Domi's gonna be dynamic and Samuelson is gonna be better than I thought, but it became apparent that the NHL is still a big step away as this preseason progressed. They were in over their heads, doesn't mean futrue won't be bright, just means we need patience.

Gormley has come along quite a bit from a year ago and even I believe he'll be up sooner rather than latter at this point. Y'all may remember I've questioned his ability to ever stick in the past, but he's progressed well (albeit slowly) and should indeed find himself a home in this league. It may not be here, but he should find a home.

It's gonna be ugly this season, like I believe we all have know since July...... Unless of course this potential new influx of ownership means dollars... dollars for someone like Patrick Sharp (as an example).

Your starting to make sense again. Welcome back. I agree with everything you said except the piece about Ribeiro and Vrbata.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The bolded couldn't be more bogus. I don't think you can really believe that unless you didnt' watch the games.

Chip was outplayed by Rieder, Domi, Hodg, Lessio, and Hank.
Klink was outplayed by Rieder, Domi, and Hodg.
Moss was outplayed by Rieder, Domi, and Hodg.

It was pretty obvious.

That is your opinion, but DM and DT thought otherwise. I think I will side with DM and DT, as I think they have a little more insight and knowledge.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The problem is: as most would argue Domi is ready...he showed he's ready.

The thing is, Domi is going to be better after 15games as he was after game 1, and he's going to be better after game 30 than he was at game 15.

Domi isn't a weak player (he's been around the game, he is a fitness fiend because of the diabetes...)

Waiting another year is just "delaying" him from helping this club.

He's not a skinny Turris, nor is he a less confident Boedker...and as many have said, we're not a traditional team in the sense that we run a top 6 and a bottom 6 checking lines...giving the kid 11 min + 3+ min of PP time would be sufficient to get him started

Some say he is ready and some say he is not. He is only 19 yrs. old, so I see no harm sending him back to junior.

Desert Ice 11

Yoooooo
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
What's the trade? They're both essentially replacement-level players. You can find Rob Klinkhammer on waivers, or at least a player good enough that you'd be foolish to acquire Klinkhammer for salary + price when you could have a waiver player for just salary. I think it's far more likely that Klink is claimed when WE put him on waivers than someone actually trading for him.

Either one of those players can be thrown into a deal. Of course no one would trade just to swap 4th line grinders. More than likely it would be more going out than coming in. Probably would be a to find a buyer for that kind of deal.

I don't think Klink would get nabbed if he was waived.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Domi has been outstanding tonight. Creating chances every time he touches the puck. Fun to watch.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Is he playing with Marner?

Marner and Dvorak.when they are on the ice they are like the Harlem Globetrotters. Approximately 20 scoring chances created by that line. I'm not exaggerating. Kitchener goalie standing on his head.

MacInnis with 3 assists.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Marner and Dvorak.when they are on the ice they are like the Harlem Globetrotters. Approximately 20 scoring chances created by that line. I'm not exaggerating. Kitchener goalie standing on his head.

MacInnis with 3 assists.

Sold.

With the 9th overall pick in the 2015 NHL entry draft, the Arizona Coyotes are pleased to select, from London of the Ontario league, Mitchell Marner.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Sold.

With the 9th overall pick in the 2015 NHL entry draft, the Arizona Coyotes are pleased to select, from London of the Ontario league, Mitchell Marner.

Domi was the dominant player. Hard to judge the others because Domi would deke three players and draw everyone over and then saucer pass to the open player who was stoned by the goalie.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Great news on MacInnis. I still think that's a really underrated pick.

Great on the draw. Seems to have come a long way since the last time I saw him. Dvorak has some excellent chemistry with Domi.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Holy cow, Domi just dominates from what I've seen so far. Dvorak also looks like a smart player, need to see more but my video is stuttering like crazy. We just need Marner to complete the line. I think MacInnis will be a steal though. Looks like he has surprising puck skills and has a huge frame. If he can learn to use his size I want to see what kind of havoc he and Samuelson can cause if they ever play together. I know its unrealitic but can you imgaine how great it would be to have a poor mans Getzlaf and Perry

Last edited:

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Sold.

Sorry rt, but I did some research and Marner's dad didn't play in the NHL. So you'll have to make a different draft selection.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Yeah stoked to see him play for the team in 6 years....

But seriously was happy about the prospect and this is even better news for him as an NHL player.

The issue with MacInnis will always be size. Our scouts had him at about fifty pounds underweight. Does he even lift?

He will take the Samuelsson route. Another two years in junior, a year in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad