or
2. Poehling shows he is ready to be a solid top 9 center

crazyd74

Jun 24, 2018
I see 2 ways that could force us to move Domi to the wing
1. Kotkaniemi shows he is ready to be a top 6 center
or
2. Poehling shows he is ready to be a solid top 9 center

Poehling may end up centered a few games but expect him to play LW. Maybe next year he'll end up being a full time center but will most likely happen when Danault's contrat ends.

We need to carefully bring our center line up. You can't have a center line of KK - Poehling - Suzuki too quickly. This year will be Poehling's year to adapt. Next year Suzuki. By then KK will be a bonified stud at center.

Can Domi play on the RW? My prediction is that a choice will have to be made at some point to either keeping Tatar or Drouin.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Domi has exploded in production after being moved from wing to C.

At this point, you continue to ride him at C. Now, if he has a rough year this season at center, we can revisit this, but we shouldn't try to fix this unless it's broke.

My vision is that domi stays at C. There should hopefully be a transition at some point where domi slides down in the center role for a younger guy like kotkaniemi, but he's not at that level yet (hopefully one day).

I want the team to be deep at center, and there's nothing wrong with 3 really good options down the middle.

If it gets to the point where there are too many chefs in the kitchen, having expendable centers is not a bad thing from a trade value perspective either.
Danault will stir up interest, for example, and does become most expendable as these guys mature.

Now, some might say what about Suzuki? I don't think we are at a point where that bridge needs to be crossed, but I think the jury is still out on whether he is better off as a center at all.

I think the development of these prospects can co-exist with domi continuing in the center role, but Domi also has to hold up his end of the bargain, and consolidate last season with another strong campeign down the middle.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
It rings very insecure when some need to consistently bring up how we won this trade to justify things that are not even within the realm of reality.

We can enjoy Domi and be happy with the success he's had with us so far. Galchenyuk doing well this year will have little impact on us and people making claims that hold no weight (whatsoever) just make it seem like they can't get over certain discussions we had multiple seasons ago...
Huh? What is this babble?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
The illiteracy regarding Domi on the mainboard is astoundingly high. I stand by my statement that he is a top 30 C in the league.

Eh, he need to improve his defensive play and/or get better at face-offs to be considered a top-30 C.

Reactions: Gravity

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I think Danault would be the one to be pushed out when we have too many centres. Unless he becomes elite, we won't be able to afford him and he will net a good return. Of course this would be a few years down the line. Lots can change.

Now:
Domi
Danault
KK
Thompson

In a few years:
Domi
KK
Poehling
Evans

With Suzuki in them mix as well, we're going to be too crowded and Danault will be the most logical one to leave if everything goes generally as planned.

Domi has the skill but when it is combined with his intangibles and his off-ice commitment he is a special player and we need to make him a hab for a while.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I think Danault would be the one to be pushed out when we have too many centres. Unless he becomes elite, we won't be able to afford him and he will net a good return. Of course this would be a few years down the line. Lots can change.

Now:
Domi
Danault
KK
Thompson

In a few years:
Domi
KK
Poehling
Evans

With Suzuki in them mix as well, we're going to be too crowded and Danault will be the most logical one to leave if everything goes generally as planned.

Domi has the skill but when it is combined with his intangibles and his off-ice commitment he is a special player and we need to make him a hab for a while.
Yes... this is a beautiful plan.

Gives you the benefit of moving Danault in his prime, thus cashing in immensely on that Fleischmann trade.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I've dug up what I believe are the top 3 Domi chirps as a Hab. At least, they're my top 3.

Chirp 1:

E57VdxY.gif

"Waivers, waivers!" Followed by some kind of woo-hoo type sound.

Date: Dec. 6, 2018

Context: Zach Smith had cleared waivers earlier in the season.

Chirp 2:

ZCIlLCI.gif

“I saw you that last game, you F'n suck!"

Date: Jan. 15, 2019

Context: He was addressing Mike Matheson of the Florida Panthers with whom he had a run-in. The "last game" Domi is referring to had to do with the game Matheson played against the Canucks where several Canuck players tried to get Matheson to fight with them but he declined. Canucks players were trying to get revenge for an earlier incident in the season where Matheson had thrown Elias Pettersson to the ice, causing the latter to suffer a concussion and to miss games.

Chirp 3:

VoYO8pN.gif

"Attaboy, Kapanen, you f'n idiot. Holy F...! F'n moron!"

Date: Oct. 5, 2019

Context: Kapanen throwing his broken stick at Petry, called as a penalty shot that Petry took and scored on.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Eh, he need to improve his defensive play and/or get better at face-offs to be considered a top-30 C.

Pretty much. I’m torn on whether he should stay at C or move to the LW to open up a C spot. Can he put out the same offensive output at left wing, or is the open ice at C the reason for his production increase. If that’s the case, then keep him at C and hope he improves on the dot like you said. Ideally he moves to LW and we run KK-Danault-Poehling at C... buuut it also seems crazy to move our best C in recent memory to the wing.

Either way, he’s awesome. Favourite current Hab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad