Player Discussion Max Domi - Maximus Dominatus Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I don't get the Lehkonen bashing. Yes, his lack of scoring is frustrating. He's also 2nd on the team in ES points and P/60 and been generally effective on that line.

The bigger issue is his lack of scoring and that Suzuki doesn't look ready at all for regular season play. Lehkonen is more of a glue guy on a line, he shouldn't be the primary weapon.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I would put Byron instead of Weal on his line. Imo weal have the tools to play on PP because the pace of the game is slower, but at 5 vs 5 this guy is just terrible.

Reactions: 26Mats

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I would put Byron instead of Weal on his line. Imo weal have the tools to play on PP because the pace of the game is slower, but at 5 vs 5 this guy is just terrible.
I believe it's going to happen once Cousins is cleared to play. He'll replace Byron on the 4th line and Suzuki is going to be sent down.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I believe it's going to happen once Cousins is cleared to play. He'll replace Byron on the 4th line and Suzuki is going to be sent down.
Suzuki will have to play 15 game at least before to send him down imo. If he can handle the pace of the NHL he will never sent down. He played on the fourth line and he had 16 minutes TOI against st louis. Drouin, KK and Armia had less TOI. It wont be benefit to him to go in the AHL just for « produce ». This guy already know it. The pace in the AHL is slower and is gonna play with worst player. It could be worst for him. Gallagher wasnt a beast in the AHL and did not produce that much and look what hes doing in the NHL..

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Suzuki will have to play 15 game at least before to send him down imo. If he can handle the pace of the NHL he will never sent down. He played on the fourth line and he had 16 minutes TOI against st louis. Drouin, KK and Armia had less TOI. It wont be benefit to him to go in the AHL just for « produce ». This guy already know it. The pace in the AHL is slower and is gonna play with worst player. It could be worst for him. Gallagher wasnt a beast in the AHL and did not produce that much and look what hes doing in the NHL..

Gallagher was the best player on the Bulldogs as a rookie.

Reactions: larrypacman8167

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I don't think they'll keep him up, unless he finds a way to produce offense, at least on the powerplay. If he's going to just eat minutes while being responsible defensively, then they have better players for this role.

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018

Be interesting if Cousins could fill that role Shaw played alongside Domi. A poor man's Shaw, but wonder if they might have chemistry. Not sure if they ever played together in Phx. Might just be me, but Byron just seems off this year. Still early tho.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Be interesting if Cousins could fill that role Shaw played alongside Domi. A poor man's Shaw, but wonder if they might have chemistry. Not sure if they ever played together in Phx. Might just be me, but Byron just seems off this year. Still early tho.
This role will be filled by Lehkonen.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Should've signed him this summer. Domi's legit.
No worries, we will do our best to make him unproductive by supplying him with literal garbage as linemates so he will sign a cheaper contract. Can't wait for Nick Cousins to get a turn playing with him next.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
No worries, we will do our best to make him unproductive by supplying him with literal garbage as linemates so he will sign a cheaper contract. Can't wait for Nick Cousins to get a turn playing with him next.
Actually surprised Jordan Weal isn't his center by now.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Did someone suggest not too long ago that the Domi trade was a lateral move?

Am I living in some alternate universe?

Can I at least not hear any more about how Galch is more skilled than Domi? That assist on Gally's goal?

80% of the time Galch would try to stickhandle through a couple players, he'd lose the puck. Domi can do it at top speed while fighting off defenders. FFS.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Hope not. Hope they send him down yesterday.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Maybe they did try. How do we know if Domi's camp is open to make a deal now as opposed to waiting the season out?
That's what I would do if I were in his position. That said, would we really not hear anything if they did make him an offer, one that would effectively make him the highest paid forward?

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
That's what I would do if I were in his position. That said, would we really not hear anything if they did make him an offer, one that would effectively make him the highest paid forward?

If Domi continues to play as he did last season,he will be the highest paid forward. Habs might wait a bit more too see if his play is sustainable.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Domi's agent really has no reason to make his negotiations public, esp. that MB is tight-lipped about terms -- it would be a grave faux pas for the agent to make any aspect of their discussion public. I

They had some talks at the start of the summer, that much was admitted to by MB but just looking at his facial expression, it was like pulling teeth -- he didn't want to go there at all:

Man, that facial contortion he does when answering the Domi contract question, I should probably make a gif out of it. :D

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Did someone suggest not too long ago that the Domi trade was a lateral move?

Am I living in some alternate universe?

Can I at least not hear any more about how Galch is more skilled than Domi? That assist on Gally's goal?

80% of the time Galch would try to stickhandle through a couple players, he'd lose the puck. Domi can do it at top speed while fighting off defenders. FFS.

hahhaaha do all pro CJ comments get deleted on this board? Is that why there isn't any? Would kind of like an explanation for this comment getting severely edited. Did it just hit maximum sarcasm? Or do we have no CJ thread somehow so there was nowhere to move it to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad