Player Discussion Max Domi - Maximus Dominatus Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I never said it was a bad trade , i just said that Arizona did not trade Domi for no reasons , like habs did for Galchenyuk.

Habs traded Galchenyuk because he's hit his ceiling.

My guess is he never hits 50 points again in his career which is why Arizona traded him and why Pittsburg has him on the block.

Habs easily win this trade even if Domi becomes just a 50 point scorer.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I don't know if Habs ruined his career or he was never going to get it (I don't think anyone can really prove either theory). The trade is fine when talking about potential for potential type trade. The issue is that for a 3rd overall pick (which we don't get very often) we don't have much to show for it...

Our last 2 top 10 picks ended up being Domi and Drouin respectively. Hopefully we figure it out with KK , not holding my breath with our track record...
Honestly, if we got a Domi or Drouin caliber player with our first semi consistently, I'd be pretty happy with it. I don't think KK developing into a good second line C is disappointing at all even if he is a 3rd overall.

What worries me is that we haven't actually drafted and developed any legitimate top 6 forward or top 4 D (outside of Mete) in how long now? Even Suzuki we didn't draft or develop and the fact that he just figured it out on his own in like 3 games is a godsend for this organization. That to me is a major red flag. It can't just be coincidence at this point. Hopefully we can improve there.

Reactions: Tighthead

FedorTyutin

Jan 10, 2019
I feel Domi never accepted Shaw's trade. He was praising him as the most underrated Habs player last year at Tout le.monde en parle.
When Julien spoke about Cousins on medias at the beginning of the camp, he conpared him to Shaw. When asked about this, Domi answered that it was a mistake ti conpare anybody to Shaw.
I feel like Domi's morale is affected with a history around Shaw's trade. Either he was not okay with it, or he's been told to stop talking about it and he has a hard time being told to shut up, or something else, but I have a feeling it revolves around that.

Reactions: Canadienna

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I feel Domi never accepted Shaw's trade. He was praising him as the most underrated Habs player last year at Tout le.monde en parle.
When Julien spoke about Cousins on medias at the beginning of the camp, he conpared him to Shaw. When asked about this, Domi answered that it was a mistake ti conpare anybody to Shaw.
I feel like Domi's morale is affected with a history around Shaw's trade. Either he was not okay with it, or he's been told to stop talking about it and he has a hard time being told to shut up, or something else, but I have a feeling it revolves around that.
If you are right, Domi's ego is way too big for the kind of talent level player he is, was mad also because moved to wing for 1 game as well amd is acting like he was a superstar... Sorry Max, but I would have no prob to trade you if it means we get some high picks and save that money to re-sign Gallagher, the real heart and soul player on that offense...

Reactions: Tighthead

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Are we really going to get on Domi's case and make him a villain?

Let the dust settle after 82 games before we jump to conclusions about him. It would be silly to make any sort of decision on him at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad