Max Comtois disables comments on Instagram

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
Social media should mandate that all users making comments show who they really are. I doubt anyone would dare say such hateful things if their employers, friends, and family saw what they were posting... I can guarantee that....

Canandians need to get over this... so much hate on a kid since they aren't talented enough to be a player themselves. Just accept that other countries are getter better at "your" sport. This happens in other industries, so accept the fact that others are cathing up and your country doesn't have some secret magic sauce.

I hope Max keeps his game the same... I'm looking forward to have a duck who doesn't give a F... like Marchant, Rousesel, Andrew Shaw, Tom Wilson... or dives as much as Gaudreu and Neal.... giving other teams a taste of their own medicine.
Great, why don't you tell us your name.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I would never have guess Comtois was playing hurt for that tournament, he never went away from the danger zones and always brought the pain

Reactions: Fred McCarthy

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
He was the best player in the tournament with a separated shoulder

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Racism? Did I miss something? What was said to Comtois that was racist?

If it’s what I’m going to assume it is, and people going on about him being from Quebec....that’s not racism. Being French is not a race...it’s a culture.

Let’s stop throwing the racism term out there blindly as has become so popular these days.

do you have any idea how just stupid, uneducated and dumb that statement is ? so racism is defined by the color of skin according to you. Do you have any Ukrainian friends ? didn't think so. Let me guess, there is no racism in Asia because they are all '' yellow? '' ? That's the dumbest post ive seen on HF in 10 + years.

why is it a big deal to expect a statement like '' we condemn every form of racism'' ? just limit your brain to answering that question.

Reactions: Masch78

blindpass

May 7, 2010
do you have any idea how just stupid, uneducated and dumb that statement is ? so racism is defined by the color of skin according to you. Do you have any Ukrainian friends ? didn't think so. Let me guess, there is no racism in Asia because they are all '' yellow? '' ? That's the dumbest post ive seen on HF in 10 + years.

why is it a big deal to expect a statement like '' we condemn every form of racism'' ? just limit your brain to answering that question.
I think you are neglecting a wide range of impressive options if you think this small bit of pedantry is the dumbest thing on hfboards today, let alone ever.

Your overreaction kind of makes his point for him, we can't seem to talk about these things without getting a bit hysterical.

Can we call it "bigotry" instead, and skirt the unnecessary debate over semantics?

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
Some people were mad at him for the embellishment, but that was exaggerated too. That doesn't explain the anger towards him surging after they were eliminated in a game where he didn't embellish.

Calling him "the worst captain in a long time" is the overreaction that I'm talking about. I mean maybe he is the worst (because most are really good), but he wasn't bad overall and had been the focus of far too much of the disappointment.

I'd much rather be "represented" by Comtois than Lias Anderson or Klim Kostin who somehow end up heroes for being dicks

For sure one of the better things about Canada is that we hold our team to a high standard, but it's possible to do that without overdoing it.

Here’s the difference though.
While Comtois deletes his instagram after shamefully flopping like a jackass all tourney; Kostin uses social media to man up for his jackassery.

blindpass

May 7, 2010
I’d rather be ‘represented’ by Kostin.

While Comtois deletes his instagram after shamefully flopping like a dunce all tourney; Kostin uses social media to man up for being a jackass.

To each his own.

I did reply to your post of his apology saying it helps a lot. Without the apology I think his behaviour was far worse than Comtois hamming up a couple actual infractions. That's being blown way out of proportion. Outside of that everything I saw from him was pure class and leadership.

Still, better to not be a jackass than to do it and man up after the fact. I'm going to boldly predict you'll never see a Canadian player act like Kostin or Lias Anderson and not be eviscerated by Canadians. Where was your disapproval of Kostin before his apology? It wasn't there. The consensus on Twitter is that he had no need to apologize (ridiculous!)... But Comtois is a villain. There are some pretty absurd standards being applied here.

Ironically Kostin's lack of class is probably the main reason people are down on Comtois because his criticisms and ridicule of him in a between periods interview got attention (and maybe don't crosscheck someone if you don't want them to try to draw a penalty with it?). Not classy.

Last edited:

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Here’s the difference though.
While Comtois deletes his instagram after shamefully flopping like a jackass all tourney; Kostin,uses social media to man up for his jackassery.

Point of order: Comtois did not delete his instagram. It's still there, I am looking at it this very second. Also your post is a bit more disingenuous as it sounds like he turn off comments on his Instagram because he dived as opposed to because a bunch of man children got upset their team lost. Kudos to Kostin for manning up. But the situations are not entirely comparable.

4thlineduster

Jan 6, 2012

I had a long post typed out pointing out how ridiculous your post is but realized it wasn’t worth my time to post as it would be over your head and you would respond with nonsense like this. So I’ll shorten it a bit.

Your statement, however, stating “Do you have Ukrainian friends? Didn’t think so”.........how do you know I’m not Ukrainian?

Being French from Quebec is not a race. Comtois is a white Franco Canadian, however, if he so chooses, he can never speak French again and declare himself an Anglo. Therefore being French is not a race, it’s a culture.......one in which he should be proud of, but at the end of the day, he can choose to stop being French. A person cannot choose to stop being a certain race. Therefore, statements made towards Comtois about being from Quebec are not “racist.”

If someone from Quebec calls me an English pig dog from Ontario, is that racist? No it isn’t. It’s just ignorant.

Have a nice day

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I had a long post typed out pointing out how ridiculous your post is but realized it wasn’t worth my time to post as it would be over your head and you would respond with nonsense like this. So I’ll shorten it a bit.

Your statement, however, stating “Do you have Ukrainian friends? Didn’t think so”.........how do you know I’m not Ukrainian?

Being French from Quebec is not a race. Comtois is a white Franco Canadian, however, if he so chooses, he can never speak French again and declare himself an Anglo. Therefore being French is not a race, it’s a culture.......one in which he should be proud of, but at the end of the day, he can choose to stop being French. A person cannot choose to stop being a certain race. Therefore, statements made towards Comtois about being from Quebec are not “racist.”

If someone from Quebec calls me an English pig dog from Ontario, is that racist? No it isn’t. It’s just ignorant.

Have a nice day
From the very first moment you acknowledge that humans are separated by races... thats when you know who youre dealing with.

The ukranian point completely went over your head.

Use the term discrimination, because thats what it is if youd rather, then youll have no excuse to be a bigot, linguicism if you want to go that far.

The point still remains the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: THE HOFF

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
kids today should learn their life DOES NOT revolve around social media.

kids should haven't to "turn off" comments....if you can't handle what is being said about you, don't join social media.

kids that need to turn comments off shouldn't be on it in the first place.

4thlineduster

Jan 6, 2012
From the very first moment you acknowledge that humans are separated by races... thats when you know who youre dealing with.

The ukranian point completely went over head.

Use the term discrimination, because thats what it is if youd rather, then youll have no excuse to be a bigot, linguicism if you want to go that far.

The point still remains the same.
Discrimination does not necessarily equal racism.....some people don’t seem to grasp that.

Fred McCarthy

Dec 26, 2018
It me ..Gritty!
Comtois was barely skilled enough to make the team let alone be named team captain. As I said before Tim Hunter has to wear this one. Naming a 3rd or 4th line agitator team captain was a ridiculous move in the first place.

Cody Glass, Evan Bouchard or Morgan Frost should have been captain.
On occasion , a coach will name someone captain to up their game . Comtois , if I'm not mistaken , led the team in scoring.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
Are we blaming Comtois now? ... jeez.

i blame children who join social media (of any form) then complain about posts people make on their social media.

if you are not strong enough to ignore what others say about you, then social media isn't for you....

to join, love all the positive things people say (which most children like), but then to complain when people say not so nice things....well....that is what is wrong with children today.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
i blame children who join social media (of any form) then complain about posts people make on their social media.

if you are not strong enough to ignore what others say about you, then social media isn't for you....

to join, love all the positive things people say (which most children like), but then to complain when people say not so nice things....well....that is what is wrong with children today.
You shouldnt expect to get attacked in any way even if its on a public platform. Thats just a ridiculous statement, man.

See, your opinion is way out of line here, its wrong and theres no way to justify it, but I dont insult you, because Im a decent human being.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
You shouldnt expect to get attacked in any way even if its on a public platform. Thats just a ridiculous statement, man.

See, your opinion is way out of line here, its wrong and theres no way to justify it, but I dont insult you, because Im a decent human being.

why? who told you that?

if people put themselves out to be commented on, then they should expect attacks can occur.

that is simply how life works. (whether you like it, or agree with it, or not)

Dingo

Jul 13, 2018
I thought Comtois played like a puke. I seriously disliked the dirtiness and the diving, and I think that’s ok to express on a hockey forum. If he wants to sift through forums to see what people are saying about him, then that is the naked ugly truth he wants. But I would never send a message to him personally like an asshole, that’s not what that part of social media is for.

And lol at the tough guys on here. I’m old school, (and I’m old), and if I’m not willing to say something to his face and take the cops out of the situation, handle it like men, then I’m a f***ing p***y if I hide online and shoot threats or insults at him.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
On occasion , a coach will name someone captain to up their game . Comtois , if I'm not mistaken , led the team in scoring.

It’s because Comtois signed an NHL contract with Anaheim and he played a few NHL games. However that goes to the point I made earlier about how Canadian Juniors in this tournament have far less experience playing against men at the pro or college level than any of the other teams.

If you look at Comtois historical scoring totals he was never a big point producer at any level and never displayed high end skills. His role in junior was as a top 6 agitator but not a big PP guy.

His scoring this season was an aberration and the coaches should’ve recognized it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad