Max Comtois disables comments on Instagram

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I would imagine that's the case for most athletes involved in disappointing losses, no?

Not that I'm condoning harassing him.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I’d like to take a second to remind you all how badly Jake Virtanen was crucified after the 2016 WJC loss.

These are the best juniors in the country. They are there to perform, and expectations are high. When they go dramatically unfulfilled, you have to expect some pushback from fans.

Granted, there’s a f***ing limit.

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Social Media is a god damn shitshow when things don't go well for any kind of person in the spotlight. Not really sure why some people feel the attack someone over dissapointments. Not like Comtois isn't angry and disapointed too. No need to f***ing insult the guy.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Let's not suddenly make this an indictment on all Canadians. We don't know the number of people who actually acted unbecomingly in response to this incident, but almost surely it was not enough to represent the nation and the peoples of Canada more largely.

Comtois did the prudent thing, whether preemptive, reactive, or both. That's not a license, in my opinion, for people to start making broader claims about a nation.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Are you kidding? the guy is an example of what a captain should be mixing leadership, physically and skills. I wished the Habs would have drafted him.
Leadership, Physically, Skills, and Diving.

The kid does it all.

With that being said its still pathetic that people troll him on instagram.

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Canadians need to chill the hell out. He's a ****en kid playing a game. Canada wasn't going to win gold anyways.
And TSN really overdoes the Superbowl Sunday thing for this children's - ok- young adult tournament
Ugly Canadians thumping their chests - tone down the jingoism and this natavist craze
The failure is with you if you live vicariously through 19 year -olds and demanding entertainment
It is weird to get this bent out of shape over more or less non-Olympic amateur hockey especially if you are still dreaming of the Broad Street Bullies as the good old days!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad