Max Comtois disables comments on Instagram

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Since when does skill (or lack thereof according to you) affects ones leadership ability.

We don’t know the dynamics in that room so we can’t say his peers didn’t look up to him.

The general consensus is that captains of hockey teams need to lead as much on the ice as off the ice. It’s obvious that Comtois wasn’t up to the challenge.

Again however it’s not his fault that he was placed in a position likely to fail. It’s on the coaching staff.

blindpass

May 7, 2010
Pot....kettle...black.

Exactly. I placed the hard facts in front of your face and you still can’t accept it.
You completely ignored what I said. Did you see all the talk of him being a potential top 5 pick (done suggesting #1) after his point per game rookie CHL season? Go look, it is there. We know his draft year numbers were low, so yeah, his overall ppg is hurt by that, but to say he never had great offensive numbers is flat out wrong. His NHL numbers are nice too, he's got the sort of game that translates to highly levels (like WJC, or NHL).

Last edited:

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
You completely ignored what I said. Did you see all the talk of him being a potential top 5 pick (done suggesting #1) after his point per game rookie CHL season? Go look, it is there. We know his draft year numbers were low, so yeah, his overall ppg is hurt by that, bit too say he never had great offensive numbers is flat out wrong. His NHL numbers are nice too, he's got the sort of game that translates to highly levels (like WJC, or NHL).

He scored 51 points in his draft year. Top 5 picks don’t score only 51 points in their draft year playing a full season. He was drafted where he should’ve been drafted. Maybe even sooner.

Somehow I don’t think the diving will translate well to the NHL.

Reactions: chauron

blindpass

May 7, 2010
The general consensus is that captains of hockey teams need to lead as much on the ice as off the ice. It’s obvious that Comtois wasn’t up to the challenge.

Again however it’s not his fault that he was placed in a position likely to fail. It’s on the coaching staff.
He was chosen as one of Canada's top three players. You have no idea what you are talking about if you didn't think he was one of their better players, skillwise. He exceeded my expectations.

blindpass

May 7, 2010
He scored 51 points in his draft year. Top 5 picks don’t score only 51 points in their draft year playing a full season. He was drafted where he should’ve been drafted. Maybe even sooner.

Somehow I don’t think the diving will translate well to the NHL.
You failed to read and are taking the conversation totally out of context. The guy said he'd never been a high scoring / skilled player, which is demonstrably false.

Twice I mentioned the weak draft year he had, including in the post you replied to, so great "gotcha" throwing that number at me.

He was one of the Ducks' best players in the NHL games he played this year.

I don't know what you guys' issue is (I have a theory) but you just haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

Last edited:
Reactions: HabsQC
Oct 18, 2011
I wouldn't harass him, but I can't say i didn't feel a bitter sweetness to him losing as the captain. That diving stuff needs to not be there when you rep the maple leaf.
Oh stop I have been following this tournament closely since about 2005. Almost every year Canada has a few agitators who do these things

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Did any french people rip off the anglo coach on social media or was it only a bunvh of anglos ripping off a 19 year old french kid ?

To me, both would have been disgusting free discrimination/hate/racism, whatever you like call it. Blind hate based on where someone is born.

blindpass

May 7, 2010
Oh stop I have been following this tournament closely since about 2005. Almost every year Canada has a few agitators who do these things
Like Getzlaf and Perry and Kesler? It isn't a Canadian thing any more that it is a Duck thing. Go away.

Last edited:

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Did any french people rip off the anglo coach on social media or was it only a bunvh of anglos ripping off a 19 year old french kid ?

To me, both would have been disgusting free discrimination/hate/racism, whatever you like call it. Blind hate based on where someone is born.
Their called idiots...not racists...unless they included something that was actually racist in their comments.

4thlineduster

Jan 6, 2012

I mean at the end of the day, I had selected Comtois to be captain prior to the tournament and thought it was a good decision when he was named.

Perhaps Hockey Canada was just as surprised as I was when we went out and started throwing himself to the ice whenever anyone looked at him.

Anyone follow the Q know if this is how he acts on the ice there?

blindpass

May 7, 2010
Their called idiots...not racists...unless they included something that was actually racist in their comments.
Nobody ever cloaks their bias? Idiots for sure, beyond that is fair speculation.

Last edited:

blindpass

May 7, 2010
It's actually racist speculation, if you base it on nothing other than someones race.
Racist against the unknown race(s) of anonymous people on the internet? All we know about them is what they are saying, you can't get a situation with less possibility for discrimination. Or are you considering ignorant hockey fans a new category?

Last edited:

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Racist against the unknown race(s) of anonymous people on the internet? All we know about them is what they are saying, you can't get a situation with less possibility for discrimination. Or are you considering ignorant hockey fans a new category?
As per what I quoted originally...no.
It was with regard to if this:

"a bunvh of anglos ripping off a 19 year old french kid ?"

blindpass

May 7, 2010
As per what I quoted originally...no.
It was with regard to if this:

"a bunvh of anglos ripping off a 19 year old french kid ?"
I see.

I was willing to give him that one, taking 'anglo' to refer to non-francophone parts of the country. I suppose there are other alternatives (Russian bots anyone?)

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
I would guess that over 50% or even 60% or even 70% of the derogatory comments made were not even Canadians.

Some people are quite naive.

blindpass

May 7, 2010
I would guess that over 50% or even 60% or even 70% of the derogatory comments made were not even Canadians.

Some people are quite naive.
That's possible. Though the irrational negativity towards Comtois on hfboards is coming mainly from Canadians.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
this is weird

I thought Comtois was Canada's best player in most games. Only Frost, Glass and Dipietro has arguably a better all around impact

golfortennis

Oct 25, 2007
this is weird

I thought Comtois was Canada's best player in most games. Only Frost, Glass and Dipietro has arguably a better all around impact

Not to knock Comtois, but it's also pretty easy to stand out when you're one of a few players who gets more than a dribble of ice time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad