Post-Game Talk: Matty & Johnny Leads Leafs to Victory!

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Leafs played like trash no doubt, and it’s all on Babcock that game, but I think the leash on this bs will be much shorter this year IE trash breakouts, not telling DJ smith to f*** off with Hainsey etc

On the flip side, the game reminded me when we were the worst team in the league, dominating opppnents and losing based on sheer skill.

And the best news is these are the perfect wins, points for us and points to ruin the Montreal rebuild.

Reactions: Erdinger and FADYB

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Kappy was good tonight ... I hope he keeps it up.. he’s got NHL strength and with that speed he’s lethal all over the ice

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
We actually played awful and brought little emotion or effort to this game.
Our breakouts and management of the puck are still big issues and need to be addressed if we plan on going anywhere.
Matthews is an absolute stud but even so he was quiet 5 and 5 and Nylander missing definitely showed up in our overall team speed.
Brown was invisible to me offensively and turned the puck over a few times. I think he should spend some time on the 4th line and PK.
Hainseys play and moreso lack of footspeed is really concerning.

Great to win the game but it was extremely ugly and especially the work ethic shown was disappointing.
Exactly. I almost wish they didn't win to teach them a lesson.

My grades for the game:

A+: Andersen
A: Matthews (for shooting prowess only)
B: Reilly, Zaitsev, Kadri, Lindholm, Tavares, Dermott
C: Hyman, Kappenen, Marner, Marleau
D: Gardiner (brain farts didn't cost us), O-Dog
F: Hainsey (Time to retire)
I (invisible): Johnsson ,Brown, Leivo, Ennis, Nylander

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
The good
Matthews
Marner
Andersen
Tavares

The bad
Hainsey
Brown
Sometimes Kapanen

The Ugly
5 on 5 play
PK
Johnsson
Ennis
Our Line Combos
Our work ethic
Our toughness

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Well Freddy was in mid season form and we've got a ton of game breaking skill up front which is great

Our Breakouts and puck carrying from zone to zone were pretty brutal and Hainsey hasn't alleviated my concerns about what he's got left by any stretch of the imagination

A wins a win though

Reactions: stickty111

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Starting to understand why Babs and the brass gifted Oz the sixth spot, looked good and he will only improve you have to think.

Reactions: saffronleaf

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
Fugly win but I'll take it!!!

Matthews on pace for 164 goals :sarcasm:

Not alot to be proud of this game but Andersen played great. The usual great players stood out. Price kept them in it, in the first two periods. Leafs took a break in the third which wasn't cool. PP was all we expected and more. And the Leafs are gonna be killer in OT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad