Post-Game Talk: Matty Hatty and Willy Winner Leafs win 4-3 in OT

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Not 100% sure but I think by the end of the game Keefe had benched: Knies after the weak attempt to poke the puck out of our zone, Gregor for the penalty, and Bertuzzi for his. Wish he'd done this consistently since the beginning of the season.
I don't think Gregor got the bench pretty sure he was out on that last 4th line shift with ~3 mins left. But the other 2 definitely missed shifts.

Reactions: meefer

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
I was expecting a bit more Konecny out of Bertuzzi this year.

Anyway, ballsy of Benny to go with DLo and not too worried about Mattys wrists these days, the angle live on that second Matty goal was a beauty - nobody snipes like Matty.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Dumb penalties cost us the regulation win, but at least Willy came through in OT.

I'll take it against a quality opponent.
Honestly they were both soft as baby shit. Gregors was either no call or both, probably no call. And bertuzzi's call was a sell job and a half. But ya they put themselves in a position to take those penalties which you just can't do at that point of the game.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
I thought it was bush league of tryna get Matty that fourth. But apart from that didn't mind the last two period except for knies and Bert.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
Benoit 7 hits 3 blocks and another solid game overall. One bad shift followed up with a monster hit that leads to a Leafs PP.

Benoit and McCabe are the only D I trust at the moment if I'm trying to avoid random train wrecks. McCabe really won me over after a shaky start.

And yeah he got 2 assists but watching Lil for 24 minutes is the contrast needed to see just how amazing Rielly is as an offensive d-man. Lil is a pretender in comparison. Please win your appeal Rielly.

Reactions: Duffman955

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
I'm not a big Lilly fan either but he went from 3rd line minutes to 24:25 tonight to lead the team. He held his own considering the increase in competition and went +2 and had 2 points.

he played more because he had be choose tonplay on pp, where leafs was looking like if it was 4v4 most of the time. and leafs got a lot of pim in that game.

when liljegren was on the ice at even strenght

Xgoal for leafs 0.41
xgoal against team high 1.57

breakway avoid by offside with 30 second remaining was like the 3rd or 4th time liljegren let a guy all alone behind him/ or get beat by speed for breakway. hopefully leafs didn't paid for it but was more lucky than anything else.

But he made 2 key offensive play who had been huge in that game and bring 2 goal but defensively, it was pretty hard for him

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
he played more because he had be choose tonplay on pp, where leafs was looking like if it was 4v4 most of the time

when liljegren was on the ice

Xgoal for leafs 0.41
xgoal against team high 1.57

breakway avoid by offside with 30 second remaining was like the 3rd or 4th time liljegren let a guy all alone behind him/ or get beat by speed for breakway. hopefully leafs didn't paid for it but was more lucky than anything else.

But he made 2 key offensive play who had been huge in that game and bring 2 goal but defensively, it was pretty hard for him
If he plays 24 minutes consistently the bad will out weigh the good very quickly.

we have ahl dman that can skate up open ice 3 on 3 and make a pass. big deal

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
This guy pinched stupidly in the final minute and then does his usual "there's a hole in my stick" almost give up a break away instead of just easy control of the puck. Soft around the net and the minutes expose how low his IQ is. How about no to uber minutes.

Benoit 20 minutes last game actually showed what good D looks like
He was good in the game aginst St. Louis but was TERRIBLE against Ottawa. He's mostly been good but he's far from perfect.

Reactions: arso40

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
If he plays 24 minutes consistently the bad will out weigh the good very quickly.

we have ahl dman that can skate up open ice 3 on 3 and make a pass. big deal
Liljegren leads the team for dmen for both xGf% on the season and actual Gf% by a considerable amount. He makes some mistakes but is generally the best defenseman on the team at driving play in a positive direction.

Good to get the w. Sens lost too, things are right with the world.
Of course the Sens lost. After their big cup win on Saturday their players are in offseason mode.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Liljegren leads the team for dmen for both xGf% on the season and actual Gf% by a considerable amount. He makes some mistakes but is generally the best defenseman on the team at driving play in a positive direction.

Of course the Sens lost. After their big cup win on Saturday their players are in offseason mode.

When he playing in a 3rd pair as 5 or 6th, not when he start to play in a top 4.

Reactions: Duffman955

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Benoit leading this team to war every night
This guy is dragging our soft players to war
He had another great game
Our team had 50 hits tonight
I can’t remember the last time this happened

Keefe needs to go he has no sense if game management
Take it ez that guys an offensive blacc hole solid simple hoccey but Zero offensive abilities

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
Rielly is decades ahead of Liljegren in driving play in a positive direction.

I know all of Lils possession stat but I also watch every game. He's a low IQ player who has train wreck potential at any moment and very soft in the crease. You can't go deep in the playoffs if players like this are key players.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
1000003093.jpg

In support of Rielly...

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Rielly is decades ahead of Liljegren in driving play in a positive direction.

I know all of Lils possession stat but I also watch every game. He's a low IQ player who has train wreck potential at any moment and very soft in the crease. You can't go deep in the playoffs if players like this are key players.
Rielly statistically isn't lol and your clearly biased eye test doesn't mean anything. He's better overall because he is offensively MUCH, MUCH better but he has been and likely will continue to be the weaker defensive player going forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad