Post-Game Talk: Matty Hatty and Willy Winner Leafs win 4-3 in OT

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Shout out to Lily. Played 24:25 mins with Brodie. Struggled against the top six. Picked up 2 assists. He needs the Greenlight offensively. Hoping he gets Uber minutes down the stretch
He does have the green light offensively. I don't get the myth that Keefe is holding him back.

Time for us to accept hes average in that regard.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
nwo-hall.gif

Reactions: Eric bungay

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
The 3-1 curse haunts them again.
At least Willie bailed them out in OT.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Auston
Willy
Sammy
Lilly
Benoit
Marner
4th line
McCabe

Good job.

you can remove lilly of that list

he made 2 great offensive play but he was by a miles the worst leafs D defensive side. i dont know how many breakaway or scoring chance philly had because of lilly play, im probably dont have enough finger with my 2 hand to count. He was probably on the ice for 75% of 5v5 philly scoring chance

Reactions: notdoneyet

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
you can remove lilly of that list

he made 2 great offensive play but he was by a miles the worst leafs D defensive side. i dont know how many breakaway or scoring chance philly had because of lilly play, im probably dont have enough finger with my 2 hand to count. He was probably on the ice for 75% of 5v5 philly scoring chance
I'm not a big Lilly fan either but he went from 3rd line minutes to 24:25 tonight to lead the team. He held his own considering the increase in competition and went +2 and had 2 points.

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
Shout out to Lily. Played 24:25 mins with Brodie. Struggled against the top six. Picked up 2 assists. He needs the Greenlight offensively. Hoping he gets Uber minutes down the stretch
This guy pinched stupidly in the final minute and then does his usual "there's a hole in my stick" almost give up a break away instead of just easy control of the puck. Soft around the net and the minutes expose how low his IQ is. How about no to uber minutes.

Benoit 20 minutes last game actually showed what good D looks like

Reactions: Hotel Mario

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
This guy pinched stupidly in the final minute and then does his usual "there's a hole in my stick" almost give up a break away instead of just easy control of the puck. Soft around the net and the minutes expose how low his IQ is. How about no to uber minutes.

Benoit 20 minutes last game actually showed what good D looks like
I agree. He shouldn't be getting those minutes, I see him as a very good 3rd pairing D. At best a #4 with a great #3. But he came out positive tonight, maybe by luck.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Matthews is just an historical elite goal scorer.

That’s it for the positives. The Leafs played stupid again. Giveaways at both blue lines, in their own zone, in the offensive zone. Tavares with a horrid game, two giveaways that led to rushes going the other way. Domi won’t shoot. Bertuzzi just awful. Giordano playing all over the place. Brodie really bad. Keefe was seething and I can’t blame him.

Reactions: arso40

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Not 100% sure but I think by the end of the game Keefe had benched: Knies after the weak attempt to poke the puck out of our zone, Gregor for the penalty, and Bertuzzi for his. Wish he'd done this consistently since the beginning of the season.

Reactions: arso40 and TMLife17

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Good god Matty is insane. Natural hatty in under 8 minutes, and they were all f***ing snipes too. Could have easily had a 4th goal in those 8 mins, that play where he stripped the Flyer along the boards and had 2 two chances in the crease.

Up until Auston's first goal, we were getting outplayed pretty hard, but that doesn't really matter when your superstar just takes over. 45 goals in 51 games, on pace for 71 in 81 games, unreal.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
just wondering if they bring in another coach in the off-season if he strips the C off of JT?

Tavares has no business wearing the "C"

I am almost positive he is not going to get an offer from Treliving he will like anyway... He is also getting worse. Look at his even strength production, his skating or heck no fight to go to the boards or get into scrums

IMO regardless of whether we get a new coach or not the "C" should be passed on to Rielly

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00