OT: Matthews was criminally cited in Arizona this summer, has court tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
No, what he did was wrong. Lack of motive doesn’t make it okay. He doesn’t deserve to be pilloried but he deserves some punishment.
I truly think this will get thrown out, but there are repercussions. And again, all this is based on the word of the complainant as Matthews never gave a statement to police....they were never called, and she didn't file until 2.5 days later.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Anyone who tries to brush this situation off as nothing is a joke, imo.

How would you like it if you are just doing your job and a group of blackout drunk, young men start harassing you at 2am? No body deserves that.

Auston should not be named captain. Especially considering he never even told the leafs.
The position involves dealing with idiots and drunk people in order to protect or guard certain locations. It's not like he went up to a barista at Starbucks and started harassing her.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
the kid just got more money then he should have is still a tween. did something goofy with poor judgement but my god he opened a door and asked a question/said a statement walked a way and dropped his pants or pants fell down. this world is going to be so damn soft and stupid. this shouldn't be news . the high light here is 22 year old star hockey player gets drunk and parties with friend and makes a mistake . its not like he assaulted a cab driver or stalking the car driver. ( I actually wonder if Keller was with him. )

Reactions: Skin Tape Session

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Anyone who tries to brush this situation off as nothing is a joke, imo.

How would you like it if you are just doing your job and a group of blackout drunk, young men start harassing you at 2am? No body deserves that.

Auston should not be named captain. Especially considering he never even told the leafs.

You’ve made your point and have made your opinion heard, move on. You’re offended, we all get it.

If I’m the security guard in the same situation, as long as there isn’t any seemingly malicious motive or destruction of property, I’d laugh it off as a bunch of dumb college kids joking around and then move on with my night immediately. But then again, it’s not in my personality to victimize myself or look for ways to be offended.

Harassing? A bunch of giggling college kids messing around after the bar on their way home... SHOCKING SCENES IN ARIZONA.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
the kid just got more money then he should have is still a tween. did something goofy with poor judgement but my god he opened a door and asked a question/said a statement walked a way and dropped his pants or pants fell down. this world is going to be so damn soft and stupid. this shouldn't be news . the high light here is 22 year old star hockey player gets drunk and parties with friend and makes a mistake . its not like he assaulted a cab driver or stalking the car driver. ( I actually wonder if Keller was with him. )
I hadn't thought about Keller being there...

Reactions: ktownhockey

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Her job is ‘security guard’ and she patrols a beat, much like a cop.

By definition, the sole function of her job is to deal with potentially criminal behaviour in order to secure the safety of private property and the people who work or reside within such property.

Ummm like it or not if there weren’t people like that there would most likely not be security guard positions at various establishments.. that’s something you sign up for unfortunately taking a job like that.

The position involves dealing with idiots and drunk people in order to protect or guard certain locations. It's not like he went up to a barista at Starbucks and started harassing her.

Really, that's the angle you guys are going with?

So does that mean its fine to harass police officers or military personnel?

They signed up for their job and they have to deal with violence and bad situations.

Still doesnt make it okay to do what auston did. I'm slightly surprised people are still defending him but then again, us leaf fans can be crazy.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto

They signed up for their job and they have to deal with violence and bad situations.

Still doesnt make it okay to do what auston did. I'm slightly surprised people are still defending him but then again, us leaf fans can be crazy.
Heaven forbid she encounters a real crime.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Causing a negative experience/emotion in someone else for his own entertainment? He thought scaring a woman who was alone at night was just a joke?

I'm seething at this. What a despicable thing to do.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo

Have most people here seriously never worked a job where they were harassed by drunk people at 2am?

I mean maybe that shouldn't surprise me.

But there are tons of drunks out at 2am. There are lots of people who are working at 2am who come in contact with drunk people. Most drunk people act like dummies and jerks at 2 am.

Reactions: klmdg and MC2D

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

No one said it's fine. We said that it's a totally different situation and expectation because the job description literally entails dealing in potentially high pressure situations where people can be unruly, confrontational etc. Do you actually think this is the first time this woman or any other security officer has dealt with something like this?

Stop being difficult just to be difficult.

Reactions: klmdg

IronHalen

Feb 7, 2013

If you sign up for a position in that mould you shouldn’t be pressing charges for something as inoffensive and harmless as what he has allegedly done. If you’re not in the right mental capacity to work that job then you shouldn’t be a security guard. Much worse things could’ve happened.

Reactions: klmdg and Rob Brown

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Have most people here seriously never worked a job where they were harassed by drunk people at 2am?
I worked at McDonald's in high school and the amount of drunk morons coming in late at night was unreal. Someone threw a stink bomb in the washroom once.

Quick, Stamkos4life, can you please jump onto your high horse and condemn these people?

Reactions: Walshy7

Leaf of the Mind

BABS WAS BOB
Feb 6, 2015
If you're going to do some dirt then do it in the town you play for/are most famous. I'm guessing few Toronto cops would have given him a citation over this. If he played for the Cardinals or D-backs the cop would have probably convinced the woman to drop it. Doesn't make it right, but that's how it is everywhere.

If he was a player in the big leagues or college down there and had the bad luck of being written up anyways, it would be just as big a story for a day or two. The pants dropping, the veteran angle, the story just writes itself.

Kind of bizarre how it all played out, my guess is some intern at an Arizona-based media outlet was looking at the court cases for today and recognized the name. AM was going to do the whole "hide under a bunch of coats and hope it goes away" technique, but he's still a little too famous for it to work. It's true what they say, the coverup is always worse than the crime.
He should have come out with it in May, done damage control and it would have been mostly forgotten by now. Babs, is kinda not helping when he says he didn't know about it. Should have gotten everyone in the loop, control the narrative etc.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Lol this thread is a joke. This whole thing is not even worth being talked about...95% of other nhl players I'm sure have done much worse when drunk. Give him the C already

(sarcasm) Ya! Who hasn't casually harassed an innocent woman with a group of their friends? (/sarcasm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad