Votes: 261 62.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Holy ****, I love this mantra, I swear some HFboards users have this tattooed on their ****ing foreheads. It's the last bastion for someone who's all but admitted defeat.

"Player X comes from a much higher pedigree and has outperformed Player Y at every single level and his current play is indicative that this will be continue to be the case..but uhh..you know..**** happens right..?"

Well I didn't see this before to call out what an idiotic post it is. Defeat? From what? The fact that Scheifele is killing him in points? You act like its a rarity that players do or don't live up to their potential but it happens all the f***ing time. Scheifele has far exceeded expectations. So has Benn. So has Gaudreau. So has literally hundreds of players over the years. And when a player has reached star status, it doesn't f***ing matter about some bullshit pedigree of fans giggling like little schoolgirls over finally have a good player after a decade of hopelessness that they :eek::eek::eek::eek: their pants over the smallest things. It's extremely difficult to reach a level above where Scheifele is now, and there's absolutely no guarantees for any player. It's a simple as that.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Most fans of other teams don't have much of a clue as to how dominant he has been already. Nhl.com stats tell them all they need to know apparently.

What stats are you talking about?
Points? no schief is better
PPG? no scheif is better
Scheif plays PP, PK and against the best in the league every game. better
Defensively. scheif is better
Right now it is not even close.
BTW Laine has match Matthews point production this season.

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
You do know that Scheif has out scored Matthews 82 to 69 last year and so far this year 34 to 26 :facepalm:
You do know he's 4 years younger than Scheif, and better defensively? :facepalm:

First 106GP:
Scheifele - 54 points
Matthews - 56 goals
Marner - 56 assists

And people still want to act like he's a god compared to the Leafs' young players. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Garthinater

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
You do know he's 4 years younger than Scheif, and better defensively? :facepalm:

First 106GP:
Scheifele - 54 points
Matthews - 56 goals
Marner - 56 assists

And people still want to act like he's a god compared to the Leafs' young players. [mod]
Are you just going off topic for fun? I checked the title and the OP, and it didn't say about first 106 games, it said about right NOW, and Matthews is not better right now, but will most likely be in a year or two.

Last edited by a moderator:

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
Are you just going off topic for fun? I checked the title and the OP, and it didn't say about first 106 games, it said about right NOW, and Matthews is not better right now, but will most likely be in a year or two.
Buddy, you literally just said Scheifele is better than Matthews defensively. Looooooooooolllllllll goodbye sir

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Buddy, you literally just said Scheifele is better than Matthews defensively. Looooooooooolllllllll goodbye sir
I have not said such a thing, good try.

Always easy to spot someone who is losing a discussion when they pull out the Loooooooooooooooolllllllll

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth

First 106GP:
Scheifele - 54 points
Matthews - 56 goals
Marner - 56 assists

And people still want to act like he's a god compared to the Leafs' young players. Cant wait to see how salty this place is in a few years hehe

When Matthews outscores Scheifele's best year I'll take you seriously.
Matthews has the potential to score more.
Scheilele HAS scored more.
And this year so far, so has 36 other players in the NHL

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
I have not said such a thing, good try.

Always easy to spot someone who is losing a discussion when they pull out the Loooooooooooooooolllllllll
Sorry about that, I thought you and Libertarian were the same person because of your avatar pictures. I was referring to this post, my bad again.

What stats are you talking about?
Points? no schief is better
PPG? no scheif is better
Scheif plays PP, PK and against the best in the league every game. better
Defensively. scheif is better
Right now it is not even close.
BTW Laine has match Matthews point production this season.

I like how people in Winnipeg have finally come to understand Matthews > Laine to the point where its not worth debating, so now they have passed the torch to Scheifele.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Sorry about that, I thought you and Libertarian were the same person because of your avatar pictures. I was referring to this post, my bad again.

I like how people in Winnipeg have finally come to understand Matthews > Laine to the point where its not worth debating, so now they have passed the torch to Scheifele.

No Jets fans already know Scheifele is better then Matthews at this moment, it is Leafs fans that keep making this idiotic polls with Matthews. According to NHL.com Laine has more goals and same amount of points as Matthews so far this year. Laine is only the 3rd or 4th best forward on the Jets this year.

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
No Jets fans already know Scheifele is better then Matthews at this moment it is Leafs fans that keep making this idiotic polls with Matthews. According to NHL.com Laine has more goals and same amount of points as Matthews so far this year. Laine is only the 3rd or 4th best forward on the Jets this year.
A Finnish Jets fan made the thread.

Do you only care about points? Are you suggesting Laine + 3/4 Jets are better than Matthews as well?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Right now its comfortably Schiefele. The Matthews hype train flew off the tracks to start this season with some people calling him the best player in the league and expecting him to keep that pace up and eclipse 100 points. He's going to be a top 3 centre in the league in his prime, but he's not there yet. Scheifele is the better player today, but I think Matthews will be the better player in the future.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
I actually watch quite a few Leafs games as I live in Northern Ontario and get all the Jets/Leafs/Sens games on TV. Scheifele is easily better right now.

If Matthews is elite defensively why doesn’t he PK? Why does Babcock shelter him defensively? (3rd most Dzone starts amongst Leafs Centres, only Bozak is sheltered more)

Because some of us who actually understand hockey don't want our best player to be downed by a puck to the face, hands knees, ankles, groin, etc etc just like the early years the Pens didn't want Crosby penalty killing. What is so hard to understand unless you don't really follow hockey

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
Right now its comfortably Schiefele. The Matthews hype train flew off the tracks to start this season with some people calling him the best player in the league and expecting him to keep that pace up and eclipse 100 points. He's going to be a top 3 centre in the league in his prime, but he's not there yet. Scheifele is the better player today, but I think Matthews will be the better player in the future.

Before he was injured he was better than Mcd, Sheiflele , Liane , etc etc, and a whole lot of other players. Now that he is not the same player as pre-injury all the experts come out! Do you know Mathews was 4th in scoring and on a tear before he was injured??? You would not be posting here if you did!!!

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Before he was injured he was better than Mcd, Sheiflele , Liane , etc etc, and a whole lot of other players. Now that he is not the same player as pre-injury all the experts come out! Do you know Mathews was 4th in scoring and on a tear before he was injured??? You would not be posting here if you did!!!
Of course I would be. I posted in the Matthews threads when he started the season hot, and said I doubted he would continue at that pace. His OISH% and ISH% were both at unsustainably high numbers and now that they've fallen back to earth he's right around where he should be.

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
But, Scheifele has better line mates and Matthews is about to dethrone Bergeron for best defensive forward in the league. You just gotta watch him play, and you don't so you don't get it.

And then you don't or have not seen Kypreos, Friedman, and others thought that Mathews should be included in the Selke Trophy. Now all of you experts say he is not worthy!

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
Of course I would be. I posted in the Matthews threads when he started the season hot, and said I doubted he would continue at that pace. His OISH% and ISH% were both at unsustainably high numbers and now that they've fallen back to earth he's right around where he should be.

DO YOU THINK i CARE ABOUT YOUR STUPID NUMBERS...,,Did you and your stupid analasys acount for Injury????

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
No Jets fans already know Scheifele is better then Matthews at this moment, it is Leafs fans that keep making this idiotic polls with Matthews. According to NHL.com Laine has more goals and same amount of points as Matthews so far this year. Laine is only the 3rd or 4th best forward on the Jets this year.

I really don't understand why so many Jets fans feel that Laine is better than Mathews.
I HAVE SEEN THE BEST OF THE BEST, The worst of the worst. for over close to 55 years and have never ever seen what so many Finish fans are so Hypnotized about a certain player!!! I have loved hockey for over 55 years, but he is one of the worst hockey players I have ever seen!!!!

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
I really don't understand why so many Jets fans feel that Laine is better than Mathews.
I HAVE SEEN THE BEST OF THE BEST, The worst of the worst. for over close to 55 years and have never ever seen what so many Finish fans are so Hypnotized about a certain player!!! I have loved hockey for over 55 years, but he is one of the worst hockey players I have ever seen!!!!
Then you must have watched hockey blindfolded.. If you think, that he's even close the worst ones.. Well, atleast i know now, where Nylander and Marner belong according to you.

And as a hint, those who "think" that Laine is better than Matthews are trolls. (And i'm talking as right now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad